THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Battery Replacement & Registration

09-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

Battery Replacement & Registration

During a recent warranty visit, the SA mentioned my 2014 228i battery has aged and was due for replacement (6 Years old). Out of curiosity, I asked for a quote.... $560

Purchased an oem replacement which are now made at 92ah and 850cca for $245 with an $18 core fee. Yeah, I know a little high, could of went with a aftermarket.

My indy quoted $80 to register the battery, carly being subscription based plus in app purchases would of been around the same. I ended up finding an app called BimmerLink ($32) which is made by the same developers as BimmerCode and can register the battery but also read and clear codes as well.

The old battery registered at 81% state of charge. After selecting "Register battery replacement" the new battery showed 99% state of charge.

It is worth noting after starting the car, the battery showed 84% state of charge, however after a few laps around the block, the battery then showed 86%, is this normal behavior?
Appreciate 0