THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum The Golfer's Sportswear with benefits

08-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #1
Shovelman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

The Golfer's Sportswear with benefits

My clubs are in the trunk all year, (practice in a dome all winter). Went looking for a sporty car with stick shift that would hold a set of clubs in a closed trunk without folding down the back seat. In my last car the long club had to come out of the bag, but the 230 is just big enough. For two sets the seat does have to be folded but that is only for the day.

The pickings are slim and for me it's a deal breaker. Not sure what other manufacturer's marketing departments are thinking, a lot of people play the game. They have to drive SUVs or Impalas.

As a side benefit I get to drive a killer sportscar.

Caution: my clubs fit with only an inch to spare, a fat bag or unusually long driver might not so haul your clubs into the showroom for a test fitting, even if you are going for an SUV.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

You must have the larger golf bag if you can only fit one set in with the rear seat up.
My wife and I golf several times a week and I can put 2 full sets of clubs/irons in medium stand or cart bags with the M240xi convertible top down.
I do have to remove the 2 drivers and lay them on top of the bags as I'm 6'5" so my driver is an extra 1.5" over std..
In addition to that, we occasionally take our 11 yr old grandson with us and I can even fit his Callaway XJ Junior set with our 2 sets in the trunk of the M240xi ragtop.
      08-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #3
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I can squeeze my Ogio carry bag, full, but so much easier without the driver in there. I usually put the driver in, first, and use it to block the bag from sliding forward/back on accel/decel.

Can do two bags as well, same thing, sometimes both drivers and woods have to come out when doubling up.
      08-09-2019, 05:01 AM   #4
Shovelman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

Oops, title was to be ...Sportscar...but another nanny got me
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
BimmerJRP
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelman View Post
Oops, title was to be ...Sportscar...but another nanny got me
I was hoping for some sort of Payne Stewart style outfit photo shoot. Oh well.
My clubs fit back there in my stand bag without taking the driver out. Two stand bags is doable too. The fact I can't get my kid's hockey stick in there without folding the middle section of the seats has had me window shopping a bit, but I'm not willing to give up the manual and there aren't too many other options at this point that are any more practical....
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

Key is to tuck the bag in starting on the left hand side first, 45" drivers fit as do weighted warm up clubs (orange whip, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerJRP View Post
The fact I can't get my kid's hockey stick in there without folding the middle section of the seats has had me window shopping a bit, but I'm not willing to give up the manual and there aren't too many other options at this point that are any more practical....
The ability to carry my hockey bag (play twice a week) and my sticks were prerequisite when I purchased my car. My bag fits in the trunk, even with the convertible top down, and I carry my sticks inside the car between the seats with the blades in the front passenger foot well, along with my 5 gallon bucket of warm-up pucks. When it's time to sail, my gear bag and lifejacket fit in the trunk and my bag with rudder and daggerboard fit in the front seat.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 04:41 PM   #8
VAcurler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 F23 M240i MT + 09 e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by p912guy View Post
The ability to carry my hockey bag (play twice a week) and my sticks were prerequisite when I purchased my car. My bag fits in the trunk, even with the convertible top down, and I carry my sticks inside the car between the seats with the blades in the front passenger foot well, along with my 5 gallon bucket of warm-up pucks. When it's time to sail, my gear bag and lifejacket fit in the trunk and my bag with rudder and daggerboard fit in the front seat.
What hockey bag do you use? I need a new one for my M240i that easily fits with the top down. I find that sometimes the top latch closes so I can't put the top down.
Appreciate 0