THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Coilover vs Stock

07-30-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
beyonce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Coilover vs Stock

Currently have an m235i with stock struts and Dinan springs. I live in Brooklyn NY so the roads aren't the greatest. Although I appreciate the overall stiffness of the Dinan springs, I feel as though the stock suspension feels brittle over rough surface, very loud and quite crashy.

I'm looking to switch to KW DDC coilovers for a more solid feel overall. Can anyone speak on the differences in dampening and feel coming from stock suspension to KW coilovers?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #2
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

I run KW DDC coilovers. Installed them after having Eibach springs and stock shocks. Posted my impressions elsewhere so I'll just copy&paste it here:

That's what I have after various experiments with springs. Way better. So much better, in fact. A perfectly matched setup. It will give you a much tighter feel and better handling. Comfortable, too. The lowering is as advertised. I am about - 30 mm in the front and about -25 mm in the rear. The car does look a bit slammed after stock and some lowering springs but the body is so much better controlled. I used to scratch my front bumper on various speed bumps and stuff with less lowering using lowering springs and surprisingly it no longer happens with the KW suspension even though it's noticeably lower. It's pricey but now I believe it's actually worth it.

Great improvement in handling and grip. The latter is noticeable immediately. I was surprised the difference was so noticeable. You can put power down so much better both in a straight line and out of corners. They really transform how the car feels. In terms of comfort I am pretty sure you'll like them. You can set them higher than my setup, too. (I am planning on raising the car before winter).
Appreciate 0