THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Removing fog lights on BMW F20 LCI??

01-18-2023, 05:09 AM   #1
Saphir_F20
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question Removing fog lights on BMW F20 LCI??

Hello all,

I own a BMW F20 LCI 120i (2018) with an M sport package.

Here in my country we hardly ever use our fog lights. I would like to remove the foglights.

I've already looked around the internet but couldn't really find anything useful. Until yesterday I saw a product on a website with a separate grid. I've contacted two different sellers. One seller says it won't fit because the real M models have a different bumpers?

The other seller says "You will be able to fit these grilles, F20 LCI M sport and F20 LCI 135M and 140M models have identical bumpers" So it's just plug and play?

I would like to hear from you if this is possible? In my opinion, the fronts of M-bumpers just look the same and so does the grid.. only difference what i can notice is the fog light.

Greetings

Last edited by Saphir_F20; 01-18-2023 at 05:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 08:41 AM   #2
slinkyjynx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

The seller who says it wouldn’t fit is likely confused. Yes, the real M models have different bumpers but the 1 series doesn’t have a “real” M model. The 140 and 240 models actually don’t have fog lights because there’s an additional cooler in the space that would have been occupied by the fog light so yes, in theory it would fit and be plug and play - you’d just have an empty gap behind the grid.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

One other thing I would consider asking (and I don't know the answer) is if the car will throw a warning if you remove the fogs. I don't know if it does bulb checks or anything like that. They might have to be coded out as well.

Last edited by Kernel Kurtz; 01-18-2023 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #4
brandon harris
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphir_F20 View Post
Hello all,

I own a BMW F20 LCI 120i (2018) with an M sport package.

Here in my country we hardly ever use our fog lights. I would like to remove the foglights.

I've already looked around the internet but couldn't really find anything useful. Until Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox yesterday I saw a product on a website with a separate grid. I've contacted two different sellers. One seller says it won't fit because the real M models have a different bumpers?

The other seller says "You will be able to fit these grilles, F20 LCI M sport and F20 LCI 135M and 140M models have identical bumpers" So it's just plug and play?

I would like to hear from you if this is possible? In my opinion, the fronts of M-bumpers just look the same and so does the grid.. only difference what i can notice is the fog light.

Greetings
Do you have some photos to share ?

Last edited by brandon harris; 01-22-2023 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 03:28 PM   #5
Saphir_F20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon harris View Post
Do you have some photos to share ?
What kind of photos do you mean? And can you explain how do i upload a picture? Im new here haha lol
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 03:29 PM   #6
Saphir_F20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyjynx View Post
The seller who says it wouldn’t fit is likely confused. Yes, the real M models have different bumpers but the 1 series doesn’t have a “real” M model. The 140 and 240 models actually don’t have fog lights because there’s an additional cooler in the space that would have been occupied by the fog light so yes, in theory it would fit and be plug and play - you’d just have an empty gap behind the grid.
So summarizing, in theory it should fit if I mounted the official OEM m140i's grill on it?

Last edited by Saphir_F20; 01-22-2023 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 03:30 PM   #7
Saphir_F20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
One other thing I would consider asking (and I don't know the answer) is if the car will throw a warning if you remove the fogs. I don't know if it does bulb checks or anything like that. They might have to be coded out as well.
Yea i've read that aswell.. Hopefully someone got the answer
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
mo2ali786
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 SERIES F20 (2019)

I'm aware this thread was a while back however I am currently in the same dilemma hence would appreciate any guidance - my 2019 118i M Sport F20 also has front fog lights that I would like to remove partially because they are useless in the UK and also because it would give the car that OEM M140i as I already have a custom twin exhaust on it.

I'm curious if you ever got round to getting rid of the lights and if so, did you have to code etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 08:36 AM   #9
Possessed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xdrive

The grilles will fit and there’s an “fog light deactivation” option in BimmerCode.
I’m my country I would need to replace the light switch with one without the fog light button in order to pass inspection.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 05:16 PM   #10
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

To remove them you need to delete the VO code for fog lights then recode the FEM module, but a better option imo is to code the fog lights for cornering, so they become useful at night when driving twisty roads or even in a dark parking lot.
Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 03:52 PM   #11
x573V3N
Rep
Drives: 228i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl View Post
...but a better option imo is to code the fog lights for cornering, so they become useful at night when driving twisty roads or even in a dark parking lot.
I think you may have answered something I've been wondering.
My car's fog light turns on when I use the signal either left or right so I'm guessing the previous owner coded that feature you mentioned, I thought maybe I had some faulty wiring
Appreciate 0