THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics turn off thump

02-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #1
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
turn off thump

ok i have had this issue after installing a ms-8, no amps all oem speakers, i have a techniqes 7ch hifi option 676 harness. I was using the remote output from the harness to turn on and off the amp... upon turn off of ign, open close the door, wait until the car shuts down....thump!! Ok i grabbed a timer circuit same issue. Then i tried a pac audio tr7, Nope turn off pop, What is happening is the ms-8 stays on and when the car shuts down, if the amp stays on it pops then after 10 sec the ms-8 shuts off, so delaying past the car shutting down wont work, i have to shut the ms-8 off before the car shuts down.. So i went to the fuse box, found a 5amp suspension fuse, soldered a wire to a 7.5amp fuse and replaced this fuse for the 5amp, and voila, No more pop.. whew... Anybody else have a cure for this issue, i am all ears
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 08:08 PM   #2
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

How are you grounding your MS-8? By the harness ground? If so, try running a separate ground from the MS-8 as short as possible to chassis and see if that works?

If you already have it grounded separately from the harness then you need to try and isolate the MS-8. If you're using the MS-8 as a combo amp/DSP, grab another amp or borrow a friend's amp and use the MS-8 as a DSP only out to the separate amp and then see if the pop persists? If it still does then you can try wiring up your delay to each piece of equipment (MS-8 then amp separately) to try and find the culprit.
Appreciate 0