THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons Abp600 upgrade hybrid turbo bmw n55 ewg 600whp+

01-08-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
Jimmya85
Rep
Drives: M235i

Abp600 upgrade hybrid turbo bmw n55 ewg 600whp+

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
New build ABP600 hybrid turbo for BMW N55 EWG.

This is one of the most powerful hybrid turbo available on the market with OEM fitting.

I am using the same kind of turbo in my own M235i and doing 6.0 sec 100-200 km/h with atleast 600WHP+ with supported mods.

Specs:
  • Upgraded Billet Compressor Wheel size 72
  • Upgraded HiFlow Turbine Wheel 62
  • Upgraded seals and gaskets
  • 360 Thrust bearing upgrade
  • Machined and modified Turbo/Turbo manifold
  • Balanced and ready for fitment

It's maximum what the stock housing can allow machined, so highest spec hybrid.

LOGS
To summarize, starting at around 29 psi, middle range around 26 psi and 25 psi before redline. No PI, so fuel maxed out at E45

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=60f4...U5HPg-Acw7Mpm0

NO CORE in return 🤠

Last edited by Jimmya85; 07-25-2022 at 01:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 12:52 PM   #2
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Does this require a core or is this outright no core needed?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 03:28 PM   #3
Jimmya85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussiwillow View Post
Hey !

Sorry late answer, didn't get any alert that you responded.

No core in return, so very very attractive price.

You need any other info och references just say.
It is still available but alot interested

Regard Jimmy Andersson
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #4
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmya85 View Post
Quote:
Hey !

Regard Jimmy Andersson
Do you have more than 1?
How long have these been out? It's hard to find much info on them to gain any reliability info
I know obvious people gravitate to pure turbos as they've made a huge name.
It's an attractive price no doubt as long as they're reliable builds.

Also is this brand new, or been installed before?

Can you post pics with your username on a paper with the turbo, and maybe some actual pictures of the turbo itself please? I'm mildly interested, not exactly in the market for a turbo yet but who knows
Have you sold on other pages before where I can see some references ? I hope that does not offend you, I just see no posts here from your name, I did google your user name and saw you on Subaru and corvette pages etc from Sweden. I'm just being cautious as I'm sure you understand, and it would gauge more interest from others if I pass
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2022, 09:58 PM   #5
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey !

Regard Jimmy Andersson
Do you have more than 1?
How long have these been out? It's hard to find much info on them to gain any reliability info

Can you post pics with your username on a paper with the turbo, and maybe some actual pictures of the turbo itself please? I'm mildly interested, not exactly in the market for a turbo yet but who knows
Have you sold on other pages before where I can see some references ? I hope that does not offend you, I just see no posts here from your name, I did google your user name and saw you on Subaru and corvette pages etc from Sweden. I'm just being cautious as I'm sure you understand, and it would gauge more interest from others if I pass
Yea gotta agree. Just seems too good to be true
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 07:05 AM   #6
Jimmya85
Rep

Hey man!

I fully respect your answer and questions.

I will try to sort some out and then it is up to you that it feels right. I will explain in details so you get to know me a little better. I am sorry if my english isnt 100%, trying my best combined with fast writing

I am from Sweden and new to these boards, my idea was to do a full presentation of me and my car, with a project thread filled with pictures and results last year. But I got little unlucky with my M235i.

I can explain this later.

Back to the turbo, hope it doesnt violate any rules with posting urls, when not using for dealer advertisement. Just wanting to show who builds these and some detailed history about it. I will try to answer all your questions below.

This is built by one of the most reputable Bootmod3 tuners, ABPerformance. You can find them on insta and facebook, here is a link with dynos, customers cars and everything:

https://www.instagram.com/abperformance.ge

You can also find them on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWN55/

In my case, I am building with the idea to take the world record (Or top 3). First year I started with trying to make the fastest stock turbo 100-200 and did a 7,5-ish. Not bad, but I ran into problems with rod bearing failure making the crank broke into half becouse bad oil service intervals from previous owner.

So car got standing all year. 2020 January I got a factory new N55 engine installed from BMW, with a 18.000 km turbo on it (becouse metals going thru engine so they needed to change all pipes and so on, including turbo. I decided to go hybrid, and bought a very low mileage core with the plan sending it for a high power ABP build. (Didnt want to get the car standing again when I knew the snow would be over in some few month.

But, suprise, one day when I came out to the garage I had a robbery stripping all interior in the car, including steering wheel, navi and so on.
So I thought, WTF, I can just as easily pick out the car's low milage original turbo and send it in at the same time for upgrade, saving some bucks on combined shipping, with an idea to sell the other hybrid making some dollars that is needed for my build. Becouse we have done 100 of tunes together for 2 years, I got a good package price upgrading 2 pcs.

I got back one of the upgraded turbo before season started, and have done some really badass runs on car meetings here and had alot of fun as a daily driver car whole season=). This season was also filled with upgrades like big IC, HPFP upgrade, meth injection and so on. So I did not prioritize to put any money on the second turbo making it ready. This season ended with a injector failure and I did put the car on winter rest. Now I finally had some money to finish the second hybrid turbo that came from my engine, and before christmas is was ready.

So this is a 0 km turbo, just finished build
It is still at the dealer waiting for a new owner (No idea sending it to Sweden and then away again) People that order these turbos, usually pay a totally different price including core. But it is still worth the price becouse using larger internals then competitors (I will not name the famous ones), thats why the results are higher power output.

https://abperformance.ge/?product=ab...-ewg-pwg-turbo

Here is same turbo with lower boost, lower timing, PWG, with 93 ron!

Dont have any other parts for sale, just this. My own plan now is to increase the power to around 800whp, so this winter I will build pistons/rods, with 720cc PI with reflex and hopefully a really big custom turbo and LSD. So I am a tuning nerd, never get enough of whp

Hopefully, I can finish my idea this spring making a nice thread here with the whole build, and road to making one of the fastest daily M235i. I did put up a instagram, but it is quite boring becouse the build has not yet started:

Here it is if someone wants to follow the journey :

https://www.instagram.com/m235i_sweden/

I hope I cleared some things up big time, and showing my intention for this. And also a statement that I personlly dont settle with a bad turbo or something like that. I put too much money, effort and passion on every millimeter of my car including the turbo the thread is about.

Pussiwillow Dynamic_m235

Quote:
Do you have more than 1?

Last edited by Jimmya85; 01-11-2022 at 07:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2022, 09:29 AM   #7
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Oh wow ok that's a heck of an introduction lol.
Seems like you've had some good luck with the turbo, so the turbo is still with the manufacturer?

I don't have any social media platforms
But I did see some of the clips
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #8
Jimmya85
Rep

Quote:
Oh wow ok that's a heck of an introduction lol.
Seems like you've had some good luck with the turbo, so the turbo is still with the manufacturer?

I don't have any social media platforms
But I did see some of the clips
Haha yeah all in like you said, better to overdo it so all know this is genuine.

Yes, this turbo deliver some serious power all way to redline, putting one of the best hybrid times worldwide, love it

Yes turbo will be sent directly.

It was just finished, so direct shipment will be easiest and most attractive in shipping cost instead of going home to me and then to buyer.
Manufacturer recently updated his ABP600 turbo pictures on his site with this turbo, so the picture I use in this AD is what you actually get. More pictures can be sent at interest.

Have a great day
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Thank you for the detailed introduction and responses, I'll think on this for a minute as I wasn't ready to purchase a turbo yet, have a few things to tie up I'll be in touch
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 04:52 PM   #10
Jimmya85
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the detailed introduction and responses, I'll think on this for a minute as I wasn't ready to purchase a turbo yet, have a few things to tie up I'll be in touch
Haha i know the feeling man, last month I was suppose to buying injectors, and ended up with forged Pistons and rods , and a empty wallet 🤭
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:00 PM   #11
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Haha i know the feeling man, last month I was suppose to buying injectors, and ended up with forged Pistons and rods , and a empty wallet 🤭
Lol that's how it work! Sounds like a nice build underway, you gotta document it for us to see
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:45 PM   #12
Jimmya85
Rep

Quote:
Lol that's how it work! Sounds like a nice build underway, you gotta document it for us to see
That's a promise, thanks 😊
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2022, 02:46 PM   #13
Jimmya85
Rep

Bump, still available
Appreciate 0