THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Parking sensors very sensitive after iDrive 6 flash

11-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
HootisTigglebits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i & BMW 330e

Parking sensors very sensitive after iDrive 6 flash

I recently had iDrive 6 and Carplay flashed to my 2016 M235i and now the parking sensors are too sensitive. When I had iDrive 4 on the car the front sensors would turn yellow and the rear would be red on the sides due to the width of my garage bay. Once the rear bumper was clear of the doors I'd rarely get anymore noise warnings while backing out of my driveway. As you can see in the video it is pretty annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

11-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I'm wondering if the sensors for your car are the "correct" sensors for the new software. Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of your car's VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to "distance systems, cruise control" to find the part numbers of the sensors that came with your car. Click on the part numbers (they are links) to see what other bimmers use the same sensor.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
tgmsocal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

FWIW, I have a 2016 also with the iDrive 6 flash upgrade and I do not have any issues with parking distance sensors. Did kubax do the flash for you? If so he is very helpful/responsive.

Also, from what it looks like in the video, you may have a faulty front sensor. Start with software/programming and go from there. I used to have a sensor on my 2013 F30 328i that would go haywire when it was really cold sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:20 AM   #4
HootisTigglebits
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i & BMW 330e

Quote:
I'm wondering if the sensors for your car are the "correct" sensors for the new software. Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of your car's VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to "distance systems, cruise control" to find the part numbers of the sensors that came with your car. Click on the part numbers (they are links) to see what other bimmers use the same sensor.
I've not read of anyone having to change the sensors for the iDrive 6 flash.

Quote:
FWIW, I have a 2016 also with the iDrive 6 flash upgrade and I do not have any issues with parking distance sensors. Did kubax do the flash for you? If so he is very helpful/responsive.
Rob at Easy Bimmer Coding did it and other than this one issue I'm very happy with the flash. He said my sensors could be dirty so I'm going to wash it and see if that fixes it.

Quote:
Also, from what it looks like in the video, you may have a faulty front sensor. Start with software/programming and go from there. I used to have a sensor on my 2013 F30 328i that would go haywire when it was really cold sometimes.
I actually didn't get it to go off as much as it has been since the flash. Usually both front and rear sensors go red until I fully back out of my driveway.
Appreciate 0