THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How to improve the audio quality on a 2015 228i? DIY preferable

10-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #1
Mr. Slowly
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

Lightbulb How to improve the audio quality on a 2015 228i? DIY preferable

Hi all,

I have a base 2015 228i that I really love and want to keep for a long time. I like classic rock and some pop music, and it would be amazing if I can improve the audio quality in the car a little bit (and maybe a little more volume - but the fidelity is much more important).

How do I go about doing this, and how much should I budget for it? Is there an easy DIY way to do it? Like, maybe just getting different speakers and connect to the existing wires?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Base audio on these cars is quite sad.

There's an audio subforum you may want to check out. Also this thread has some good ideas which also apply to base hifi.
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1236238

I've personally done the speaker drop in replacements and noticed a good change. Still not amazing but better than stock.

Volume wont really happen without an amp replacement. I find the stock audio is in my personal range a few ticks shy of max.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #3
Mr. Slowly
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Base audio on these cars is quite sad.

There's an audio subforum you may want to check out. Also this thread has some good ideas which also apply to base hifi.
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1236238

I've personally done the speaker drop in replacements and noticed a good change. Still not amazing but better than stock.
Thank you! I didn't even know there was an audio subforum! I'll take a look, and in that thread!
Appreciate 0