THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Getting Lease CPO'd before purchasing

10-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #1
Saab Story
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Getting Lease CPO'd before purchasing

buying out my lease and I'm interested in getting the vehicle CPO'd to extend the warranty and help with the resale value of the car.

One dealership Is charging a 550 shop fee and a CPO fee. They first said the CPO fee was 800, now they are saying it's 1200 since it's an 'M'. Is this standard or are they trying to take advantage?

Also one dealership I called said it was transferable while another said it wasn't. who is correct?

Has anyone had experience with this?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 10:28 PM   #2
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab Story View Post
buying out my lease and I'm interested in getting the vehicle CPO'd to extend the warranty and help with the resale value of the car.

One dealership Is charging a 550 shop fee and a CPO fee. They first said the CPO fee was 800, now they are saying it's 1200 since it's an 'M'. Is this standard or are they trying to take advantage?

Also one dealership I called said it was transferable while another said it wasn't. who is correct?

What difference it make if you are the original leaser from new? It doesn't make sense to pay additional fees from your buy out just to be CPO. You already have the full history.

If you have a M235i it seems you have been on a very long lease. Are you afraid of any issues to come? I am just curious because I never lease cars.
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
Saab Story
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickies View Post
Quote:

What difference it make if you are the original leaser from new? It doesn't make sense to pay additional fees from your buy out just to be CPO. You already have the full history.

If you have a M235i it seems you have been on a very long lease. Are you afraid of any issues to come? I am just curious because I never lease cars.

I should have clarified, the car is an 2018 M240i. The purpose of getting it CPO'd is to get an additional year of warranty. If transferable, it should help increase the value and would be nice in the event that I hold onto the car a little longer than expected.

Current plan is to hold onto the car until the new rwd m240i is released next year
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 10:25 AM   #4
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Look into what a CPO warranty actually covers compared to the factory warranty and judge if that is worth the extra payment. This is not a continuation of your factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
khoa@x-ph.com
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickies View Post
It doesn't make sense to pay additional fees from your buy out just to be CPO. You already have the full history.
This!! I would ask the dealership if they offer any aftermarket extended warranty if I planed to keep my car for a long time!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 05:56 PM   #6
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240I

Quote:
I should have clarified, the car is an 2018 M240i. The purpose of getting it CPO'd is to get an additional year of warranty. If transferable, it should help increase the value and would be nice in the event that I hold onto the car a little longer than expected.

Current plan is to hold onto the car until the new rwd m240i is released next year
For the additional money you will have to pay, I don't see any added value.
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0