THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Angel Eyes and M2 bumper upgrades

10-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
leonardoB
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Angel Eyes and M2 bumper upgrades

Just curious, I see a lot of posts about upgrading to Angel Eyes. It seems that these posts are older and the option to replace the headlight housing was not there back in 2014/2015. I know there are two options, crack the housing and add angel eyes and the second option is to buy complete fixtures. I wondered if anyone has upgraded from stock to angel eyes and knows a place that sells the complete fixture? I have searched on Google and there seems to be some options, I was looking for a straight up plug and play option?

Also has anyone upgraded the stock 228 bumper to the M Sport style? I have seen M Sport style go on Ebay for a few hundred (needs paint etc), just curious if the fitment is the same as the stock? Basically I want a nice front splitter for it but it seems that nearly all of the front splitters I see seem to be made for the M Sport model and not the stock 228 bumper. If I could get a decent front splitter, I would prob not bother with a bumper replacement to the M Sport (Im torn because the M Sport does look more aggressive which I do like).
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 11:42 PM   #2
Dvtchmxn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 440ix, '16 228ix (Sold)

Garage List
good luck with the angel eyes. its either dropping around 2k for a whole housing or baking your housing in your oven. As for the M-sport conversion the only problem I would see would be the fog lights(the m sport bumper doesnt have them so idk about fitment)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
leonardoB
Rep

Cheers and yes those are the two only options I really found. I decided to go with: https://www.ossdesigns.com/2-series-program

I have reached out to them and prob will go with the stage 1 build, looks to be 1500 which I am willing to pay because it completely changes the look of the car.

As far as the bumper goes, I am not too concerned to keep the stock one but it seems that I can't find a front splitter, they all seem to be made for the sport model? I have noticed that getting mods for this car is much harder than any other model for some reason (possibly a limited amount of sales vs the 3 series?).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 05:34 PM   #4
Brendan228
Registered
Rep

I am looking to upgrade my headlights as well, but the cost and turn around time is holding me back. I am likely going to be going with bayopticks, but I'm curious to hear your experience with ossdesigns if you decide to go with them. Let us know how it turns out!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #5
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardoB View Post
Cheers and yes those are the two only options I really found. I decided to go with: https://www.ossdesigns.com/2-series-program

I have reached out to them and prob will go with the stage 1 build, looks to be 1500 which I am willing to pay because it completely changes the look of the car.

As far as the bumper goes, I am not too concerned to keep the stock one but it seems that I can't find a front splitter, they all seem to be made for the sport model? I have noticed that getting mods for this car is much harder than any other model for some reason (possibly a limited amount of sales vs the 3 series?).
Wow, that looks sick.. I would definitely consider it for 1500 if I dont have any angels eyes. I been eyeing bayoptiks myself but couldnt bring myself to pay 1500 to upgrade my regular angel eyes. I still think it will transform the angel eyes just not as much.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #6
leonardoB
Rep

100% agreed. I actually have gone through with it, paid the 1500 and I ship them out on the 1st November. Quite honestly I kinda was going back and forth on it but I think its well worth it because its going to change the entire look of the front end. And yes I also agree, If I had any kind of angel eyes / halos, I prob would not have bothered but I hate the halogens that are in it, it just detracts from the look of the car.
Appreciate 0