THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Speaker differences (front vs rear)

12-17-2019, 01:11 AM   #1
Lozza47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2011 E92 M3

Speaker differences (front vs rear)

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the speakers in the hi fi audio set are all the same in quality and constant output wattage?
I understand that the design and presence of foam spacers change between front & rear but is there anything else?
      12-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

it's 4 identical speakers
(not counting the 2 subs, and center which you would remove anyway)

Seth
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT/RWD EBII

Why is it common consensus to remove the center speaker in the Hifi system? Is it really that detrimental? Does this cover all models? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMFKIMOCHI View Post
Why is it common consensus to remove the center speaker in the Hifi system? Is it really that detrimental? Does this cover all models? Thanks in advance
Read this thread. It's on Page 1 of this subforum. It'll tell you all you need to know.

Then, please do a search before you hijack a thread again with a question that's been asked and addressed uncountable times before.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
POMFKIMOCHI
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT/RWD EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Then, please do a search before you hijack a thread again with a question that's been asked and addressed uncountable times before.

Thank you.
No, thank YOU for linking a 5 year old post with only 1 page, filled only with conjecture from the likes of you. Oh? What do we have here? You were in that thread! Ironically, you contributed nothing back then just like you have now.

PS: I didn't 'hijack' the thread, I was asking the question in response to Seth mentioning the center speaker in "which you would remove anyway"
This question may have been asked 'uncountable' times before, however,
if you think that something this subjective has been fleshed out in its entirety then I'd like to refrain from further interactions with people like yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why is it common consensus to remove the center speaker in the Hifi system?
Because the left and right speakers are playing stereo, and the center is playing 'both' signals together.
It's effectively interfering with the soundstage as it's not a true center playing a dedicated channel.

Seth
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #7
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
No, thank YOU for linking a 5 year old post with only 1 page, filled only with conjecture from the likes of you. Oh? What do we have here? You were in that thread! Ironically, you contributed nothing back then just like you have now.

PS: I didn't 'hijack' the thread, I was asking the question in response to Seth mentioning the center speaker in "which you would remove anyway"
This question may have been asked 'uncountable' times before, however,
if you think that something this subjective has been fleshed out in its entirety then I'd like to refrain from further interactions with people like yourself.
Like I said: a question that's been asked uncountable times before. As in starting five years ago, when the 2 Series was basically a new model. Its audio choices have barely changed since.

This forum has all manner of discussions. Don't be lazy and throw a question into any ol' thread. Spend a few minutes to try to find an answer first. The one I found (that just happened to have some answers from me in it) was 10-12 threads below this one at that time.

And yes, you DID hijack the thread, which is about hardware differences in the Hi-Fi audio system. It's not about unplugging any of it -- and that 'consensus' you mention should have given you a clue to look a little deeper.

Finally, What I said isn't conjecture. I actually replaced all of my 2 Series Hi-Fi speakers. Search around and you'll find that I've been one of the most frequent (and, by most accounts, knowledgable) audio-system contributors on 2Addicts throughout its history. Why? Because I know my shizz. (So does sethwas , for that matter). If you doubt that, again: search. And, you know, maybe learn a thing or two.

//out
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #8
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep

aww...you say the nicest things
Appreciate 0