THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning My 228 M Sport

03-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
badge622
Rep
Drives: n-20 2er

My 228 M Sport

Name:  Green Beam.jpg
Views: 1788
Size:  249.0 KB

Last edited by badge622; 03-08-2018 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #2
DualPurposeCar
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

I really like the look of the M Sport 230i, but this is a deal breaker for me:

Also, the M240i cannot have ACC. I really, really don't get why they don't just fix the bumper. The Golf GTI has it... The alternative is to get the 230i without the track handling package/M sport trim :/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

What's the deal breaker? I'm confused.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
You can't get ACC, a feature that's available on the Golf, when you spec the M Package Bumper. Same thing with M240i.

A must for high traffic rush hours.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualPurposeCar View Post
Quote:
You can't get ACC, a feature that's available on the Golf, when you spec the M Package Bumper. Same thing with M240i.

I had to look it up. This traffic nanny is a deal breaker for you when buying a performance-orientated sports coupe??

DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:

are you perhaps trying to add it with a manual transmission... you are also comparing bmw to a vw... not apples to apples. more like apples to grapefruits...

My Other Cars: '18 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; '78 Pontiac Trans Am 455

Future Cars: '19 RTR Mustang Ecoboost
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

It is kind of annoying you cannot get ACC with M pkg, but I would not suggest taking a 2 series on long road trips simply because the they are not that comfortable for long drives really. Just my two cents
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #8
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:
I had to look it up. This traffic nanny is a deal breaker for you when buying a performance-orientated sports coupe??
If you want a performance car, either get a Miata ND or a Corvette Z51.

If you want a fun and comfortable daily driver, get an auto M240i.

But wait, my dad's 2014 435i M sport has ACC...

My 2017 Civic has ACC...and brake hold too. No need to press the brake like a pleb at a light.

1 hour ride because of bumper to bumper traffic, twice a day? Need ACC.

You can get ACC with a NON M SPORT 230i. Makes no sense, really.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:03 PM   #9
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
It is kind of annoying you cannot get ACC with M pkg, but I would not suggest taking a 2 series on long road trips simply because the they are not that comfortable for long drives really. Just my two cents
Bumper to bumper traffic, turn on Netflix, turn on ACC. Your mind will travel.

Not on an M240i though...disappointing because I love the M240i. Only thing apart from the ACC is that I would already change the look of the gear level (starting to get old) and the stupid necessity too get expensive packages that I don't need just for Harman Kardon.

For God sake, the 230i doesn't even have keyless entry standard...they're greed is such a turn off. This is why I'm getting a Miata ND now that they're getting a power bump to 181hp and I don't need 2 more seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB34 View Post
are you perhaps trying to add it with a manual transmission... you are also comparing bmw to a vw... not apples to apples. more like apples to grapefruits...
No, I know everything about these cars. Try it.

Also, not really, a Golf is a fun, sporty daily driver, with almost the same power as the 230i, but cheaper. A lot cheaper. More like Lemons to Limes.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Not on an M240i though...disappointing because I love the M240i. Only thing apart from the ACC is that I would already change the look of the gear level (starting to get old) and the stupid necessity too get expensive packages that I don't need just for Harman Kardon.

For God sake, the 230i doesn't even have keyless entry standard...they're greed is such a turn off. This is why I'm getting a Miata ND now that they're getting a power bump to 181hp and I don't need 2 more seats.
You're kidding me right. You want a performance car so you can watch netflix in bumper to bumper traffic... What the hell. You should still be paying attention to the road, it's people like you that are 100% distracted while driving that cause me to hate driving or riding my motorcycle, not paying attention at all. You do realize ACC doesn't work when there is a motorcycle in front of you right. People like you irritate me, I see it everyday, people reading newspapers, putting on make up, texting, and watching videos while they are driving, almost hitting people without a care in the world. Complete disregard for human life and other peoples property. People like you should not be driving. If you really need to be watching netfix or reading a newspaper, or putting on your make-up in the morning, maybe try getting up earlier! Get what you need to done before or after you drive, not during!

Quote:

Also, not really, a Golf is a fun, sporty daily driver, with almost the same power as the 230i, but cheaper. A lot cheaper. More like Lemons to Limes.
And no, one is a dedicated RWD drivers car, meant to be on twisty mountain roads and racetracks, the other one is a sporty FWD hatchback grocery getter. Not the same. For example, My friends Nissan GTR, has nearly the same horsepower as my challenger, my challenger is much cheaper, both fun to drive everyday too, but I wouldn't compare them. Two completely different vehicles in two completely different classes.

Appreciate 3
      03-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You're kidding me right. You want a performance car so you can watch netflix in bumper to bumper traffic... What the hell. You should still be paying attention to the road, it's people like you that are 100% distracted while driving that cause me to hate driving or riding my motorcycle, not paying attention at all. You do realize ACC doesn't work when there is a motorcycle in front of you right. People like you irritate me, I see it everyday, people reading newspapers, putting on make up, texting, and watching videos while they are driving, almost hitting people without a care in the world. Complete disregard for human life and other peoples property. People like you should not be driving. If you really need to be watching netfix or reading a newspaper, or putting on your make-up in the morning, maybe try getting up earlier! Get what you need to done before or after you drive, not during!

Quote:

And no, one is a dedicated RWD drivers car, meant to be on twisty mountain roads and racetracks, the other one is a sporty FWD hatchback grocery getter. Not the same. For example, My friends Nissan GTR, has nearly the same horsepower as my challenger, my challenger is much cheaper, both fun to drive everyday too, but I wouldn't compare them. Two completely different vehicles in two completely different classes.
+ 1

Appreciate 2
KB3425.00
      03-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #13
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:

I am not kidding. Get with the times. I DO NOT want a performance car (Miata/Corvette) so I can watch Netflix. I want a comfortable and technological daily driver for those segments (such as a 435i with ACC, although I like the M240i more).

The phone is in front of me, slightly towards the right, there is no way I "could crash" into a motorcycle. I'm not blind. Also, BMWs have good visibility. Also, It detects PEDESTRIANS (in my civic) so I'm sure a bike would also be detected. The "future" is made up of autonomous cars, so you really need to get used to it by now.

I've been using the car now for a year and have had no close calls. You can say whatever you want, but there is not law for it, so it won't change.

And as for the comparison, it doesn't matter, both the 230i has ACC and the 440i has it. Stop trying to defend the 230 M sport/M240i. BMW has no excuse. They are behind (also a bit in their interiors) and I won't be buying it.

Miata is a more fun car, Corvette is a more sporty car. BMW M240i is a comfortable-ish, quick, good sounding car, 4 seater-ish, with a good auto transmission. Get ACC for it, just like in the 230i/440i, and it will be great.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I am not kidding. Get with the times. I DO NOT want a performance car (Miata/Corvette) so I can watch Netflix. I want a comfortable and technological daily driver for those segments (such as a 435i with ACC, although I like the M240i more).

The phone is in front of me, slightly towards the right, there is no way I "could crash" into a motorcycle. I'm not blind. Also, BMWs have good visibility. Also, It detects PEDESTRIANS (in my civic) so I'm sure a bike would also be detected. The "future" is made up of autonomous cars, so you really need to get used to it by now.

I've been using the car now for a year and have had no close calls. You can say whatever you want, but there is not law for it, so it won't change.

And as for the comparison, it doesn't matter, both the 230i has ACC and the 440i has it. Stop trying to defend the 230 M sport/M240i. BMW has no excuse. They are behind (also a bit in their interiors) and I won't be buying it.

Miata is a more fun car, Corvette is a more sporty car. BMW M240i is a comfortable-ish, quick, good sounding car, 4 seater-ish, with a good auto transmission. Get ACC for it, just like in the 230i/440i, and it will be great.
So texting and driving is illegal, in some states so is talking on the phone and driving, and you're telling me watching Netflix and driving is not illegal. Wow. Even if it isn't illegal it doesn't mean it's a smart idea. Is eating tide pods illegal? No, but just because the cool kids are doing it doesn't make it a good idea.

Also, if you don't want a 2 series why are you even on this forum. To complain about cars that everyone here loves? Just leave. Bye Felica!

Appreciate 2
      03-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #15
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just ask your grandmother what car she drives and get one of those. You clearly need a Laz-e-Boy with a wheel in each corner. There's no need for you to spend BMW money on that.

Appreciate 1
KB3425.00
      03-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #16
DualPurposeCar
Rep

Quote:
So texting and driving is illegal, in some states so is talking on the phone and driving, and you're telling me watching Netflix and driving is not illegal. Wow. Even if it isn't illegal it doesn't mean it's a smart idea. Is eating tide pods illegal? No, but just because the cool kids are doing it doesn't make it a good idea.

Also, if you don't want a 2 series why are you even on this forum. To complain about cars that everyone here loves? Just leave. Bye Felica!
I WANTED a 2 series, but they are being STUPID and not giving ACC with the Sport bumper, that is all.

Take it for what it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #17
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I WANTED a 2 series, but they are being STUPID and not giving ACC with the Sport bumper, that is all.

Take it for what it is.
You hijacked someone's thread on a forum dedicated to a BMW performance coupe in order to whine about not being able to watch Netflix while driving one. Exactly what use are you to anyone here?

Appreciate 3
      03-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #18
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
You hijacked someone's thread on a forum dedicated to a BMW performance coupe in order to whine about not being able to watch Netflix while driving one. Exactly what use are you to anyone here?
+++1!!

Appreciate 1
      03-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #19
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Take it for what it is.
The normal person would have said "oh well, not buying one then, can't get the options I want." Then moved on with their life.

The normal person would not have come to a forum dedicated to that car to b*tch and complain to people who own and love the car about not being able to get the options they want. I couldn't get a yamaha FZ07 with ABS when I bought my new bike, so what did I do I bought a KTM 790 Duke instead. Did I go onto the FZ07 forums and b*tch and complain to people about it, NO.

Appreciate 1
      04-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #20
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge622 View Post
That looks nice, Badge. The paint looks like a flat olive drab. What is it?

You're in Boston? Any chance you're going to Palmer this Saturday?
Appreciate 0