THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2 series 5 series specs

04-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
2 series 5 series specs

Hey guys iam ready to sell my f30 and really want a g30 with messaging seats and the adaptive suspension.2x plate glass, Plus plus plus. Issue os it's just me in the car so it's a bit to big for me but I want those features. Sitting in the 2 series it's the perfect size for me. Can I get the 5 series creature comforts on the 2?? Speed means nothing to me
Comfort and sound isolation is paramount.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Lexus RC?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
.................................................. .............................. Can I get the 5 series creature comforts on the 2?? Speed means nothing to me
Do more than sit in a 2-series. Take it for a spin.
But based on your criteria, I think you'll pass.
      04-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
GrimJaw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Get a 3 series
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

2-series not gonna cut it for you. It's a driver's car, not a high-end luxury machine. Look at new G20 3-series if you want Individual Merino leather/paint options, etc. I don't even know if G20 offers messaging seats though!
      04-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #6
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I tried the seat massagers in my friends '19 S4, they're not bad, but honestly I'd save the $$ if it were a separate option. Ask me again in 10 years, though..
      04-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
I tried the seat massagers in my friends '19 S4, they're not bad, but honestly I'd save the $$ if it were a separate option. Ask me again in 10 years, though..
To be fair I don't believe massaging seats are meant to be a proper enjoyable experience like those massive massage chairs from sharper image. I've used them on very long drives to avoid fatigue - so they don't make me feel any better but I don't feel as bad as I'd expect when I climb out of the car.
Appreciate 2
Dylan861330.00
      04-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #8
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
To be fair I don't believe massaging seats are meant to be a proper enjoyable experience like those massive massage chairs from sharper image. I've used them on very long drives to avoid fatigue - so they don't make me feel any better but I don't feel as bad as I'd expect when I climb out of the car.
Yea I found the experience just a bit awkward, hard to explain lol. Might be due to regular visits with my massage therapist, I've been in there every 3 weeks to treat lower back and neck for the past 3 years, I rarely get sore anymore..
      04-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #9
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Yea I found the experience just a bit awkward, hard to explain lol. Might be due to regular visits with my massage therapist, I've been in there every 3 weeks to treat lower back and neck for the past 3 years, I rarely get sore anymore..
Ha well in your case if you could find a car seat that could fix all that it would be a lot cheaper than a therapist!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Audi S5. Very comfortable, very stable on the road. Also very reliable from owners.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #11
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Audi S5. Very comfortable, very stable on the road. Also very reliable from owners.
The only thing I found reliable from Audi was being poorly treated. Never again.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #12
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
The only thing I found reliable from Audi was being poorly treated. Never again.
I've spent time in both I'd have a hard time picking the Audi over a 4 GC which IMO is a spectacular car for the price.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 04:26 PM   #13
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
OP: you want luxury and speed, go for a Bentley, or even RR.
Even thinking for a moment that a 2-series could ever be in that category is not worth the effort.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 06:27 AM   #14
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Ha well in your case if you could find a car seat that could fix all that it would be a lot cheaper than a therapist!
Employer benefits are great I don't pay a dime!
      04-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #15
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Just because you had one bad experience from Audi does not mean every single one of them is a terrible car, nor do you have to defame Audi wherever Audi is mentioned on the Internet. You just chose a terrible dealership.

I personally have heard numerous good experiences with Audi owners. Mainly my friends with S3, RS3, S6, RS7, Q7, etc. They are the main reasons why there is a 2018 Q7 in my garage right now. It is an awesome daily driver, quiet, spacious, completely isolated from the road like a 7 series while doing 0-60 in 5 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 09:15 PM   #16
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Just because you had one bad experience from Audi does not mean every single one of them is a terrible car, nor do you have to defame Audi wherever Audi is mentioned on the Internet. You just chose a terrible dealership.

I personally have heard numerous good experiences with Audi owners. Mainly my friends with S3, RS3, S6, RS7, Q7, etc. They are the main reasons why there is a 2018 Q7 in my garage right now. It is an awesome daily driver, quiet, spacious, completely isolated from the road like a 7 series while doing 0-60 in 5 seconds.
It wasn’t the dealer, who tried to help. Otherwise, easy to try another dealer. It was AoA after a series of contacts where basic honesty became the issue. It no longer matters how good the vehicles are when the company behind them behaves as they did. Dealer was actually caught in the middle. Regarding “defamation”, there have been no false statements made.

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-21-2019 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #17
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It wasn’t the dealer, who tried to help. Otherwise, easy to try another dealer. It was AoA after a series of contacts where basic honesty became the issue. It no longer matters how good the vehicles are when the company behind them behaves as they did. Dealer was actually caught in the middle. Regarding “defamation”, there have been no false statements made.
First of all, there is no Audi of America, every Audi vehicle was sold by Volkswagen Auto Group of America (Canada in my case). BMW, also tried to blame me for my oil level sensor failure, they said it was because I put the wrong oil in the engine, which I did not. That being said, it does not make BMW cars terrible, just their service. At the same time, you cannot blame Audi cars. It is inevitable that most big companies push responsibilities from one department to another.

I used "defame" because you overstated your one case to everywhere Audi was mentioned without any further explanation. What does "behave as they did" even mean? Posting "I will not touch Audi again" does not decrease their sales, in fact, it makes you a tedious person.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #18
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
Hey guys iam ready to sell my f30 and really want a g30 with messaging seats and the adaptive suspension.2x plate glass, Plus plus plus. Issue os it's just me in the car so it's a bit to big for me but I want those features. Sitting in the 2 series it's the perfect size for me. Can I get the 5 series creature comforts on the 2?? Speed means nothing to me
You won't find what you want in a 2 series. They are entry level cars and don't have the accessory list the larger BMW's have. I agree, the 2'er is about the perfect size (for me too). Quite nicely appointed for the price point IMO, but not many of the bells and whistles you find w/ the 4 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
First of all, there is no Audi of America, every Audi vehicle was sold by Volkswagen Auto Group of America (Canada in my case). BMW, also tried to blame me for my oil level sensor failure, they said it was because I put the wrong oil in the engine, which I did not. That being said, it does not make BMW cars terrible, just their service. At the same time, you cannot blame Audi cars. It is inevitable that most big companies push responsibilities from one department to another.

I used "defame" because you overstated your one case to everywhere Audi was mentioned without any further explanation. What does "behave as they did" even mean? Posting "I will not touch Audi again" does not decrease their sales, in fact, it makes you a tedious person.

https://media.audiusa.com/company-information

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...vcapId=7704527

If you read and quote my post accurately, I never said, nor would say, that Audi cars are "terrible". They are not, and there is no basis for that assertion nor your suggesting that I said that. If yours is performing well, that is great for you. All companies have quality problems, such as our A6 was, but how the customer is treated when those occur is the core issue. I did not blame Audi cars. My comments are about how some AoA people handled us. I actually said it no longer mattered to me how good the cars were.

My above post summarized my experience with how we were treated by AoA, who was at odds with both our very helpful dealer and us. My prior posts explained in detail our experience, and stated, not overstated, the facts. I have other times since merely repeated them as this forum has a flow of newcomers; if that bores you, my regrets and feel free to pass them by. But, if "tedious", it suggests you would have already been familiar with those earlier details.

When warranty denial devolves into a tech stating to me that he was told that an RO needed to be altered, rendering it not true, all faith and trust are lost for me. I am now not surprised that this happened from a subsidiary of the same company that triggered "diesel-gate" and sent the first-ever automotive CEO to jail. I see this as another sign of a corporate culture not worthy of future support. Admittedly, this larger event prompts philosophical concern, while the way we were treated was directly personal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...emissions-case

If it helps you to engage in personal name-calling, that is fine. I never care to engage in personal insults. However, rather than being "tedious", I apparently stimulated you into a defensive posture. Others who may find the warning of someone else's deal-breaking experience useful can make their own decisions about what to consider purchasing or not.

Good luck with your Audi!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #20
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
A bit off topic, but I've read Sportstick's complete descriptions of his experience with his Audi and Audi corporate. While it doesn't match our experience with Audi, as we have been completely satisfied with our Q5 and the service we have received from the dealership and Audi in general (I can't say the same for the purchase experience, but that's another story), I don't blame him for shouting about his poor ownership experience. My dad went through a similar 2 years of hell dealing with his Audi Fox wagon (a lemon before "lemon laws") back in 1975 and I remember the toll it took on him with innumerable service visits and multiple letters to Audi corporate. I think if I had a similar product experience I'd also be bitter and anxious to let everyone know about it. As consumers who have been poorly treated, what other remedy do we have than to complain on social media and forums like this?

Likewise, a great experience can make a lifetime customer. Based on my MINI Cooper (BMW Lite) and BMW ownership experiences, I foresee myself as a BMW customer for a very long time. It'll be a few years, but when it comes time to replace the Audi Q5, the short list will include the X3 M40i and X5 40i and the short list for my M235i vert will include the Z4 M40i and the M440i or M4 convertible.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4650.00
      04-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

^^^ A happy customer is a customer for life
      04-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #22
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
https://media.audiusa.com/company-information

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...vcapId=7704527

If you read and quote my post accurately, I never said, nor would say, that Audi cars are "terrible". They are not, and there is no basis for that assertion nor your suggesting that I said that. If yours is performing well, that is great for you. All companies have quality problems, such as our A6 was, but how the customer is treated when those occur is the core issue. I did not blame Audi cars. My comments are about how some AoA people handled us. I actually said it no longer mattered to me how good the cars were.

My above post summarized my experience with how we were treated by AoA, who was at odds with both our very helpful dealer and us. My prior posts explained in detail our experience, and stated, not overstated, the facts. I have other times since merely repeated them as this forum has a flow of newcomers; if that bores you, my regrets and feel free to pass them by. But, if "tedious", it suggests you would have already been familiar with those earlier details.

When warranty denial devolves into a tech stating to me that he was told that an RO needed to be altered, rendering it not true, all faith and trust are lost for me. I am now not surprised that this happened from a subsidiary of the same company that triggered "diesel-gate" and sent the first-ever automotive CEO to jail. I see this as another sign of a corporate culture not worthy of future support. Admittedly, this larger event prompts philosophical concern, while the way we were treated was directly personal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...emissions-case

If it helps you to engage in personal name-calling, that is fine. I never care to engage in personal insults. However, rather than being "tedious", I apparently stimulated you into a defensive posture. Others who may find the warning of someone else's deal-breaking experience useful can make their own decisions about what to consider purchasing or not.

Good luck with your Audi!
I knew you had to bring up "dieselgate" at some point.

http://fortune.com/2018/09/03/bmw-dieselgate-fine/
http://fortune.com/2018/06/13/german...ized-software/

It wasn't just VAG, Mercedes and BMW and a few other companies were also involved, they just did not get as much "advertising" as VAG.

And about your posts, if you would make some further explanation like "I used to have an A6, got warranty denied for whatever problem, I was very disappointed" instead of phrases like "I would never touch Audi again" that make you sound like an Audi troll, the new people will get your message clearer.
Appreciate 0