THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos C8 Z06......Wow

08-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #991
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
No, it's a Chevy. A mass produced Chevy. Super car killer? Maybe.

Also, we only know 0-60 time. GM has given us nothing.

Are you living under a rock or just in love with the car so you have blinders on?
I said what we know so far.

10.6 for a car that’s not a drag car. 0-60 in 2.6 for a car that’s not a drag car. Rumored to run the ring around 7 minutes. Which is the point to the car.

The bespoke engine. The exotic sound. The exotic looks.

Yeah it’s a supercar.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #992
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I said what we know so far.

10.6 for a car that’s not a drag car. 0-60 in 2.6 for a car that’s not a drag car. Rumored to run the ring around 7 minutes. Which is the point to the car.

The bespoke engine. The exotic sound. The exotic looks.

Yeah it’s a supercar.
Sounds & looks (subjective BTW) are performance numbers now? Oh, ok.

Strongly agree to disagree on this being a super car.

My C6Z beat the crap out of cars that cost a lot more. It was still no super car...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 04:40 PM   #993
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My C6Z beat the crap out of cars that cost a lot more. It was still no super car...

It didn't have a bespoke engine, as the LS7 made it's way in the Z28 camaro and yes i know we don't know where GM might put the LT6 but with how quickly things are changing with hybrid and EV, there's a bigger chance the ZR1 could get something totally different like a 4.4L TT engine. We don't know yet.

The C6ZR would have a case of possibly being a supercar back then but when comparing to it's actual supercar rivals of it's time, it didn't have the proper "equipment".

The C7Z isn't a supercar even if it put supercar numbers. The C7ZR went even farther with that performance but the manual, in year 2019 was a handicap and the 8 speed auto from GM is fucking garbage. So no good on that.

The C8Z has the bespoke engine, the exotic sound, the engine in the back, the widebody look, the DCT, and the performance numbers WE KNOW OF SO FAR, have all the credentials to finally label itself as a real supercar. The first from GM.

If the performance suffers when people get their hands on it, then it's nothing but a high performance ME variant with an awesome engine.

It's everything in one that makes it a supercar. Not just one or the other.

I will admit we have to agree to disagree. Lots of corvette owners don't think the C8Z is a supercar. Some embrace it. Some don't.

But i believe it is and i would also bet that more people would believe it is as well vs those that don't.

Plus i forgot to mention the production numbers. We don't even know the total production amount nor how long this z06 will last. Is it 5 model years? Will it stretch to the very end of the C8 generation? We don't know. For all we know GM will build 5k z06's every model year.

So not entirely mass produced until time goes by and we know for sure. This will be more sought after than exotics costing double and triple this MSRP.

Last edited by BGM-M3COMP; 08-02-2022 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 04:51 PM   #994
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:

Given the incredible numbers the regular C8 puts down there is no doub it will be supercar performance territory.

If the argument is it’s no 911 GT3, Lambo, Ferrari in terms of overall experience. I probably won’t disagree.

But it is definitely going to be something special and this argument reminds me of one I just had on the hellcat forums where somebody thought the c4/c5 z06 is more raw than the C6 Z06 and that the C7 z06 wasn’t raw at all. HE was talking about the old 1970/80’s “race car” feel even if they had shitty numbers.

The c8 z06 is going ot be an incredible drivers car that destroys super cars. simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 05:29 PM   #995
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
Given the incredible numbers the regular C8 puts down there is no doub it will be supercar performance territory.

If the argument is it’s no 911 GT3, Lambo, Ferrari in terms of overall experience. I probably won’t disagree.

But it is definitely going to be something special and this argument reminds me of one I just had on the hellcat forums where somebody thought the c4/c5 z06 is more raw than the C6 Z06 and that the C7 z06 wasn’t raw at all. HE was talking about the old 1970/80’s “race car” feel even if they had shitty numbers.

The c8 z06 is going ot be an incredible drivers car that destroys super cars. simple as that.

I have a C7Z currently and i can admit it's not a supercar. It puts up supercar numbers for sure. I have destroyed lots of fast cars (no not like TX2K type of cars) with simple bolt ons. It is an insane street car off a roll. But it's not a supercar.

I actually debated a couple of years ago to get of the C7Z for a C6ZR because it's more raw but then i'd still be stuck with another manual and i do believe C7Z/ZR's look better than C6Z/ZR's. It just has better presence if you do equal cosmetic mods to both. So i just kept the C7Z.

The C8Z is going to be special but we just have to see what it can do when people get their hands on it.

But for GM to give us their version of a ferrari so to speak that MSRP's at 106k, regardless if people are marking it up, or you have to wait 3 years to get one, yada yada, is the best bang for buck ever in existence when you look at everything as a whole. And not just one stat.

If anything, enthusiasts that enjoy this type of car should be kissing GM's ass for making a car like this in this time. It could have been a lot worse.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:05 AM   #996
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
I have a C7Z currently and i can admit it's not a supercar. It puts up supercar numbers for sure. I have destroyed lots of fast cars (no not like TX2K type of cars) with simple bolt ons. It is an insane street car off a roll. But it's not a supercar.

I actually debated a couple of years ago to get of the C7Z for a C6ZR because it's more raw but then i'd still be stuck with another manual and i do believe C7Z/ZR's look better than C6Z/ZR's. It just has better presence if you do equal cosmetic mods to both. So i just kept the C7Z.

The C8Z is going to be special but we just have to see what it can do when people get their hands on it.

But for GM to give us their version of a ferrari so to speak that MSRP's at 106k, regardless if people are marking it up, or you have to wait 3 years to get one, yada yada, is the best bang for buck ever in existence when you look at everything as a whole. And not just one stat.

If anything, enthusiasts that enjoy this type of car should be kissing GM's ass for making a car like this in this time. It could have been a lot worse.
Kissing their ass for jacking the starting price way up? Ha.
Kiss their ass for taking our tax dollars & not paying it back? Ha

Take off your blinders
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:46 AM   #997
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Kiss their ass for taking our tax dollars & not paying it back? Ha

Take off your blinders
Everything went up dude. Stop being blind.

MY22 to MY23 m models went up 3700 no?

The last z06 was MY19. Couple that with inflation and 106k is a decent starting cost. They know how much used stingrays were pulling why would they price themselves under? They’re in this game to make money.

If they wanted to fuck us they would make the msrp 125k and they’d still sell out every one.

They priced it according to economic times. You don’t have to buy the car if the extra 10k is too much for anyone. Simply get another car.

Btw 3 weeks since the price reveal and no one got off these lists. Which is simply stating that everyone was full of shit about not getting the car anymore.

Everyone wants this supercar.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #998
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Everything went up dude. Stop being blind.

MY22 to MY23 m models went up 3700 no?

The last z06 was MY19. Couple that with inflation and 106k is a decent starting cost. They know how much used stingrays were pulling why would they price themselves under? They’re in this game to make money.

If they wanted to fuck us they would make the msrp 125k and they’d still sell out every one.

They priced it according to economic times. You don’t have to buy the car if the extra 10k is too much for anyone. Simply get another car.

Btw 3 weeks since the price reveal and no one got off these lists. Which is simply stating that everyone was full of shit about not getting the car anymore.

Everyone wants this supercar.
lol @ that, come on man it's still a Chevy.

Of course nobody is getting off the list yet, why would people do that now instead of waiting until it's time to order? Might as well gauge the market and see if it's worth the hassle to flip it if you're not going to buy the car for yourself anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #999
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
lol @ that, come on man it's still a Chevy.

Of course nobody is getting off the list yet, why would people do that now instead of waiting until it's time to order? Might as well gauge the market and see if it's worth the hassle to flip it if you're not going to buy the car for yourself anymore.
And people bought the c7zr at that price point. WhAts the point?

It’s still a Chevy yet everyone and their mother talks about the car during all this hype, doing their fantasy builds online and posting it on their social media.

No one gave a shit about any other car to do something like that.

You’re right, it’s just a Chevy and it can still pull craze like that.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #1000
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

It’s still a Chevy yet everyone and their mother talks about the car during all this hype, doing their fantasy builds online and posting it on their social media.

It is all the engine. If they put an updated LT4 in the C8Z06, it could probably start around $90k. The LT6 moved the Z06 up market. Honestly think with the high revving LT6, C8Z06 is far superior to $125k C7ZR1. I prefer normally aspirated power.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-03-2022, 02:51 PM   #1001
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
We are in a market where pickup trucks start at $107,400(Raptor R).
Appreciate 3
      08-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #1002
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
We are in a market where pickup trucks start at $107,400(Raptor R).
Yes, all new cars are overpriced. Next...

The AVERAGE car payment is at least $700 in the US right now. AVERAGE. That Is. Insane.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-03-2022, 03:30 PM   #1003
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

If they built as many ZR1's as they are going to build Z06's half of them would still be sitting on the lot with $20k discounts waiting to be sold because there aren't enough buyers for it at that price point. Z06 discounts will come, just wait and see.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1082.00
      08-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #1004
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

you can apply supercar to anything. everyone has their own definition

The GTR is technically a supercar. It doesn't look like any other nissan. rarer than 911s. engine isn't shared. six figure price tag. 0-60 2.9 and 10.9 1/4 mile. It beat up supercars so bad that porsche had to start offering pdk on everything.

a current 992 turbo S runs a 9.9 @ 139. The same time as a 2015 bugatti veyron and probably handles better too. the two still aren't comparable imo.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #1005
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
It is all the engine. If they put an updated LT4 in the C8Z06, it could probably start around $90k. The LT6 moved the Z06 up market. Honestly think with the high revving LT6, C8Z06 is far superior to $125k C7ZR1. I prefer normally aspirated power.
They did update the LT4, it's called the LT5. Why would they put that in the C8Z?

People don't understand, the C7Z was supposed to have an NA engine, not sure if it was destined for the LT6 but the GM bankruptcy forced them to conjure up something last second and we got an inefficient C7Z as a track car. That's what spoiled people with power, because of how efficient it is, ON THE STREET.

The C8Z with the LT6 IS FAR superior to the C7ZR when you look at all aspects besides the shear straight line speed of the C7ZR.

So why are people complaining about a 106k MSRP when the C7ZR MSRP'ed for more?

Is it because they don't want to pay a premium for a badge that's "worth less"?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:31 PM   #1006
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If they built as many ZR1's as they are going to build Z06's half of them would still be sitting on the lot with $20k discounts waiting to be sold because there aren't enough buyers for it at that price point. Z06 discounts will come, just wait and see.
We still don't know anything about production numbers for this z06.

Remember this car was supposed to debut as a 2022 model. How late are they with the z06 for a MY23? We don't even know if there's going to be more plant shutdowns, more part shortages, or any other delays. All that's doing is driving up the value and demand and interest for both the z06 and stingray.

I believe z06 discounts will come. Just not now. I was able to land a 2nd MY C7Z at 20% off MSRP.

There is ZERO CHANCE that is happening for the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th MY of the C8Z.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #1007
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
you can apply supercar to anything. everyone has their own definition

The GTR is technically a supercar. It doesn't look like any other nissan. rarer than 911s. engine isn't shared. six figure price tag. 0-60 2.9 and 10.9 1/4 mile. It beat up supercars so bad that porsche had to start offering pdk on everything.

a current 992 turbo S runs a 9.9 @ 139. The same time as a 2015 bugatti veyron and probably handles better too. the two still aren't comparable imo.
Right, that's what i said. I said in my opinion, to me, the C8Z is a supercar. It has the hardware that makes it one, and we're waiting on the performance data to solidify as one.

But from what we know so far and the rumors of it's capabilities, then yeah it's definitely a supercar already.

Btw, i do actually believe a GTR is a supercar. It's the only japanese car i would actually buy as a toy. But it's ancient by today's standards. Hopefully nissan gives it some electric power for the R36.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #1008
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Right, that's what i said. I said in my opinion, to me, the C8Z is a supercar. It has the hardware that makes it one, and we're waiting on the performance data to solidify as one.

But from what we know so far and the rumors of it's capabilities, then yeah it's definitely a supercar already.

Btw, i do actually believe a GTR is a supercar. It's the only japanese car i would actually buy as a toy. But it's ancient by today's standards. Hopefully nissan gives it some electric power for the R36.
The same hardware that showed misaligned body panels on their tour cars? I love Vettes, but super car this is not. It's still a mass produced Chevy, not an actual exotic.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #1009
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
We still don't know anything about production numbers for this z06.

Remember this car was supposed to debut as a 2022 model. How late are they with the z06 for a MY23? We don't even know if there's going to be more plant shutdowns, more part shortages, or any other delays. All that's doing is driving up the value and demand and interest for both the z06 and stingray.

I believe z06 discounts will come. Just not now. I was able to land a 2nd MY C7Z at 20% off MSRP.

There is ZERO CHANCE that is happening for the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th MY of the C8Z.
I'd have to imagine the production will be significantly more than the C7 ZR1. 20% off is great, let's hope the C8 makes that happen too because I'm in at that price for sure. Unless 458 prices take a dip, but they seem unlikely to get back below ~$180k or so for clean cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #1010
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
They did update the LT4, it's called the LT5. Why would they put that in the C8Z?

People don't understand, the C7Z was supposed to have an NA engine, not sure if it was destined for the LT6 but the GM bankruptcy forced them to conjure up something last second and we got an inefficient C7Z as a track car. That's what spoiled people with power, because of how efficient it is, ON THE STREET.

The C8Z with the LT6 IS FAR superior to the C7ZR when you look at all aspects besides the shear straight line speed of the C7ZR.

So why are people complaining about a 106k MSRP when the C7ZR MSRP'ed for more?

Is it because they don't want to pay a premium for a badge that's "worth less"?
Maybe because Tadge told us the price would be in line with previous b=gen base v Z price increases & they lied & got greedy?!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 05:01 PM   #1011
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
I'd have to imagine the production will be significantly more than the C7 ZR1. 20% off is great, let's hope the C8 makes that happen too because I'm in at that price for sure. Unless 458 prices take a dip, but they seem unlikely to get back below ~$180k or so for clean cars.
The whole market will dip at some point. This nonsense artificial inflation is not sustainable
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #1012
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The whole market will dip at some point. This nonsense artificial inflation is not sustainable
It already has dipped a lot. Seen plenty of 458s getting $20-40k price cuts
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1082.00