THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos C8 Z06......Wow

07-31-2022, 02:31 PM   #969
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
GM just sent out a letter to dealers telling them that if customers resell a Z06, Hummer EV, or Escalade-V in the first 12 months, the warranty will become invalid.
Nothing new, gm voided my warranty when i went down the 1/4 mile at a gm hosted drag event, never touching gm shit again.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      07-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #970
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
GM just sent out a letter to dealers telling them that if customers resell a Z06, Hummer EV, or Escalade-V in the first 12 months, the warranty will become invalid.
Nothing new, gm voided my warranty when i went down the 1/4 mile at a gm hosted drag event, never touching gm shit again.
Lol That is amazing.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      07-31-2022, 11:36 PM   #971
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Love almost everything. The interior looks sick.

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #972
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Sick spec! That’s the color combo I’m going for.

Best bang for buck supercar.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      08-01-2022, 04:17 PM   #973
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post

Back still looks like dog shit. Her back probably looks pretty good though😉😳👅🍑
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      08-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #974
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post

Not clicking that click bait. The title alone screams bs. No one can order the car yet
Appreciate 2
swanson733.00
Cos270608.50
      08-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #975
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Sick spec! That’s the color combo I’m going for.

Best bang for buck supercar.
It's not a super car
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #976
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

The more they screw us, the more I want to flip the car. Give GM the finger. When shopping for the other half's new daily in the future, I think I will steer clear of GM anything
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #977
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
It's not a super car
I mean it's a car and it's super so.....

heck to someone outside of the USA it can even be considered exotic....got that foreign accent that we call country twang but to everyone else....ooo baby sexy.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #978
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
I highly doubt they can ever enforce that.

What happens if someone loses their job? Or someone passes away and needs extra money? They're moving out of state and have no need for a car? They don't want the car anymore for various reasons?

Either way all this is making me even more excited about getting mine. I don't want to flip it. I want to bask in the beauty of the car and engineering.

And they don't specify stingray models. Which means i can always flip mine since my stingray will come before the z06 lol

I'll probably use the stingray for a year, and sell it and pocket 15-25k. Maybe even more.

Gotta love corvettes.
No more getting Z $ for a base C8, sorry.

Also, this stuff should make you want the car less, not more. You're asking GM to F you harder without lube. smh
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #979
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
The more they screw us, the more I want to flip the car. Give GM the finger. When shopping for the other half's new daily in the future, I think I will steer clear of GM anything
This is the only car I would ever purchase from Chevy. Period. I agree with you. F them:-)
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7836.00
Donatello.1082.00
      08-01-2022, 08:42 PM   #980
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No more getting Z $ for a base C8, sorry.

Also, this stuff should make you want the car less, not more. You're asking GM to F you harder without lube. smh

My stingray build is around 80k. If i can use the car and sell it back to my dealer after a year for 80k, that's a win.

Plus, the letter applies to z06's and escalade V's no?

I don't recall it specifying you can't flip stingrays.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 08:43 PM   #981
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I mean it's a car and it's super so.....

heck to someone outside of the USA it can even be considered exotic....got that foreign accent that we call country twang but to everyone else....ooo baby sexy.
It is definitely a supercar. Everything we know about the car so far reflects that.

The only thing it doesn't have is a supercar price. Although GM tried! LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #982
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
It is definitely a supercar. Everything we know about the car so far reflects that.

This.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-02-2022, 01:41 PM   #983
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
My stingray build is around 80k. If i can use the car and sell it back to my dealer after a year for 80k, that's a win.

Plus, the letter applies to z06's and escalade V's no?

I don't recall it specifying you can't flip stingrays.
You missed my point. Why would someone pay Z $ for a base car? Gotta be a moron lol.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #984
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:

No, it's a Chevy. A mass produced Chevy. Super car killer? Maybe.

Also, we only know 0-60 time. GM has given us nothing.

Are you living under a rock or just in love with the car so you have blinders on?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 02:23 PM   #985
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

Are you living under a rock or just in love with the car so you have blinders on?
A big problem I have with industry reviews and other people talking about cars is that it ends up being hugely biased and it's not really based on reality...but more like 20-30 years ago and how every US car was shit comparatively. The things that were produced were inexcusable, the quality, the chassis, the engineering, compression ratios so low that even despite low HP, still terrible mileage.

I think the information age and the ease at which information is now passed and transmitted has simply blown this apart. But too many people are just remembering the "old days". I can go into an S5 or 340 and find all kinds of plastic, yet some of these owners speak about their cars as if they are equipped like the S-class or a Maybach. US manufacturers couldn't match the competition. In many cases, they just didn't want to, it didn't make any sense to. Now, they have to. Now you can easily find out what other cars do or why another car is better. They have known this for a while.

But I go and read a review and someone is complaining about the lack of "quality materials" when every car in the segment is 99.9% the same. There isn't a giant gap like there used to be.

But GM has been killing it for a few years now, zeta chassis into alpha, still making dedicated sports cars, not borrowing chassis for every performance model, really going all-out. Every time I think about getting something other than my 2SS 1LE, I keep coming back to the fact that they put enough rubber on this car for the power, the chassis is exceptional, the interior is decent, the driving experience is excellent. Not that there aren't others that are better, but now we are in the better in certain areas-area where we are going to make sacrifices, because the cars we are discussing are so damn good. The novice that showed up in a C8 was killing it at AutoX in a couple runs, amazing times, despite everything else with that car...because that's how they designed the car. If they weren't pushing forward like this, we'd see a lot less in terms of fun to drive cars. If anything, GM is one of the pillars that has given us the Camaro 5 ZL1/1LE/Z28, Camaro 6 1LE/ZL1s, CTS-V (wagon even), ATS-V, Blackwings, C7s, C8s. The "seriousness" of the performance levels on these vehicles has been there for years now.

So yeah, they are mass produced, but they are actually leveraging engineering these days to keep pushing the limits further forward. Nothing pains me more to see a car with high HP that doesn't have the rubber, suspension and chassis to put it down.
KJ10496.00
      08-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #986
Mike00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
A big problem I have with industry reviews and other people talking about cars is that it ends up being hugely biased and it's not really based on reality...but more like 20-30 years ago and how every US car was shit comparatively. The things that were produced were inexcusable, the quality, the chassis, the engineering, compression ratios so low that even despite low HP, still terrible mileage.

I think the information age and the ease at which information is now passed and transmitted has simply blown this apart. But too many people are just remembering the "old days". I can go into an S5 or 340 and find all kinds of plastic, yet some of these owners speak about their cars as if they are equipped like the S-class or a Maybach. US manufacturers couldn't match the competition. In many cases, they just didn't want to, it didn't make any sense to. Now, they have to. Now you can easily find out what other cars do or why another car is better. They have known this for a while.

But I go and read a review and someone is complaining about the lack of "quality materials" when every car in the segment is 99.9% the same. There isn't a giant gap like there used to be.

But GM has been killing it for a few years now, zeta chassis into alpha, still making dedicated sports cars, not borrowing chassis for every performance model, really going all-out. Every time I think about getting something other than my 2SS 1LE, I keep coming back to the fact that they put enough rubber on this car for the power, the chassis is exceptional, the interior is decent, the driving experience is excellent. Not that there aren't others that are better, but now we are in the better in certain areas-area where we are going to make sacrifices, because the cars we are discussing are so damn good. The novice that showed up in a C8 was killing it at AutoX in a couple runs, amazing times, despite everything else with that car...because that's how they designed the car. If they weren't pushing forward like this, we'd see a lot less in terms of fun to drive cars. If anything, GM is one of the pillars that has given us the Camaro 5 ZL1/1LE/Z28, Camaro 6 1LE/ZL1s, CTS-V (wagon even), ATS-V, Blackwings, C7s, C8s. The "seriousness" of the performance levels on these vehicles has been there for years now.

So yeah, they are mass produced, but they are actually leveraging engineering these days to keep pushing the limits further forward. Nothing pains me more to see a car with high HP that doesn't have the rubber, suspension and chassis to put it down.
This x100. About the only thing they don’t do is have that solid door thunk feel you get with the German cars. but frankly it’s hard not like a lot of their cars - the Alpha was incredible (if the ZL1 didn’t have the bog in the m6 I’d own a verte) and the new black wings look incredible.

It’s a shame the camaro is going to die in a few years. Would have loved to see what a 3rd gen would do.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #987
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post

I said nothing about reviews. I am talking performance figures that are fact. We don't have a 1/4 times, a ring time, etc. Facts are facts, not biased review people.

I never pay attention to review folks when car shopping. I look up the actual numbers and then go drive the car myself. If I don't like it, I move on.

GM hasn't given us anything. Same bs company that stole tax dollars for a bailout.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:11 PM   #988
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:

agree. we know nothing about the Z06 other than claimed HP... and what the likely weight will be based on the stingray. GM can claim whatever they want in pressers but until a company like C&D or motortrend tests it themselves we have no clue.

tesla and dodge have left a sour taste after their performance claims turned out to be false in real world testing... needing a prepped strip, perfect temps and DA, and luck to achieve those numbers.

meanwhile porsche makes a 1/4 claim. everyone beats it on a 40 degree day on a random road.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2
Donatello.1082.00
Cos270608.50
      08-02-2022, 03:19 PM   #989
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
agree. we know nothing about the Z06 other than claimed HP... and what the likely weight will be based on the stingray. GM can claim whatever they want in pressers but until a company like C&D or motortrend tests it themselves we have no clue.

tesla and dodge have left a sour taste after their performance claims turned out to be false in real world testing... needing a prepped strip, perfect temps and DA, and luck to achieve those numbers.

meanwhile porsche makes a 1/4 claim. everyone beats it on a 40 degree day on a random road.
To be fair, GM does normally underrate Vette numbers & people get better times once they start hitting the streets
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #990
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You missed my point. Why would someone pay Z $ for a base car? Gotta be a moron lol.

People are already paying z money for a stingray.

The reason is to bypass waiting 12-14 months for a car at msrp. Similar to what people are doing now with the m cars. Except m cars can’t pull giant markups as corvettes.
Appreciate 0