THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos C8 Z06......Wow

08-05-2022, 08:37 AM   #1035
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
A stingray isn’t a supercar.

The z06 is. We’re never going to agree so if you think it isn’t then it isn’t to you.

People are buying this because it’s gm’s first supercar.

Never was there this much interest and craze over one car before. Not even with the one year only model c7zr came out.

This is in a different league. A supercar league.
I'm buying, but Super car never entered into any reason why for me
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      08-05-2022, 08:40 AM   #1036
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Again, everything so far about the car labels it as a supercar besides the price. We can agree to disagree but I bet more people would say it is than those that say no. Hell there’s some dudes on the corvette forum with actual exotics saying it is.
Same price, performance etc, would you buy the Chevy or something like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc?

I'm not taking the Chevy...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 08:54 AM   #1037
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Same price, performance etc, would you buy the Chevy or something like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc?

Jalpa for you then.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      08-05-2022, 09:42 AM   #1038
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post

Corvettes have offered equal or better performance than Ferraris for half or a 1/3 or the price.

If the zora is a reality, that price point will be 200k and will shatter everything in sight when talking about hybrid/ice not including any hyper ev cars.

There is no comparison. Corvettes have been at supercar peformance for decades, dating back to the c5 in my opinion.

The c8z is when it’s finally dressed in a supercar attire while, we hope, to still carry the supercar performance like in the past.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to accept. More people will agree it’s a supercar finally. If you don’t then you don’t.
Appreciate 3
jmack548.50
M4Tejas728.00
      08-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #1039
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

You can keep saying that you think it's a super car. But your claim about other peoples' opinions is obviously unfounded.

It's a Corvette, it's not a super car. The Zora won't be either.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #1040
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You can keep saying that you think it's a super car. But your claim about other peoples' opinions is obviously unfounded.

It's a Corvette, it's not a super car. The Zora won't be either.
Don't waste your time replying to him. His is the king Vette nut swinging, fanboy ever. They should give him the first one made for free. Lol. He had to get his first blow job in 1 or something. It's deep in his soul this love for the Chevy unicorn 🦄 It's all good. I just know being a car guy and growing up with friends who are car guys, if someone asked a 1000 people if you could have any car what would it be? ZERO would pick any Vette. Which answers the question of super car or not to me. Some people dream and some dream big😉🤣
Appreciate 1
Tyga113227.00
      08-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #1041
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
if someone asked a 1000 people if you could have any car what would it be? ZERO would pick any Vette. Which answers the question of super car or not to me. Some people dream and some dream big����
to me, that is the connotation of exotic, not super car.
people want an exotic because that scenario you want what you can't have, so to speak. the definition of exotic means "originating in a far away/foreign land." so by definition exotic can be a fiat.... but automotive connotation for exotic is something just out of reach for someone who is asked "if you could pick..." meaning "you can't have so if you could." no one asks "if you could" to someone who can.

wikipedia uses supercar and exotic interchangeably but defines supercar as "a loosely defined description of street-legal, high-performance sports cars." so a corvette DEFINITELY fits into that box.

but it does NOT fit the exotic connotation or definition because it IS made in the USA AND people can buy one, so they can indeed have one if they really want one.

with that out of the way, let's move on.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 08-05-2022 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 3
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
chris7197273.00
      08-05-2022, 12:15 PM   #1042
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
people want an exotic because that scenario you want what you can't have, so to speak. the definition of exotic means "originating in a far away/foreign land." so by definition exotic can be a fiat.... but automotive connotation for exotic is something just out of reach for someone who is asked "if you could pick..." meaning "you can't have so if you could." no one asks "if you could" to someone who can.

wikipedia uses supercar and exotic interchangeably but defines supercar as "a loosely defined description of street-legal, high-performance sports cars." so a corvette DEFINITELY fits into that box.

but it does NOT fit the exotic connotation or definition because it IS made in the USA AND people can buy one, so they can indeed have one if they really want one.

Lol exactly.

First that clown says same price corvette or Ferrari what would I pick?

Corvettes never cost what Ferraris cost but offer equal or better performance for 1/3 or half the price.

There’s people on the corvette forum with Ferraris, mclarens, Porsche turbo s and yet they’re still buying corvettes.

Is it an exotic in the sense of cost and limited quantity? No.

But it is a supercar.

And more will agree than not so yeah let’s move on.

Hopefully those on the lists will finally own gm’s first supercar soon!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 03:53 PM   #1043
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lol exactly.

First that clown says same price corvette or Ferrari what would I pick?

Corvettes never cost what Ferraris cost but offer equal or better performance for 1/3 or half the price.

There’s people on the corvette forum with Ferraris, mclarens, Porsche turbo s and yet they’re still buying corvettes.

Is it an exotic in the sense of cost and limited quantity? No.

But it is a supercar.

And more will agree than not so yeah let’s move on.

Hopefully those on the lists will finally own gm’s first supercar soon!!!
Stop going to price dude. There is always an excuse to buy or not buy something. Again. If people want a Vette, they would buy the highest model they could afford. You don't buy the stingray to say I have the stingray. You don't buy a plane ass 911 if you can afford the 4 or 4 S? You rattle off these numbers and say this or that is an exotic? A plaid will smoke just about every car EVER built. I guess you would say that's exotic to? Just cause your a total insane Vette lover will never make the car an exotic/ super car anything. My opinion, a 911 turbo is not an exotic super car. Yet it will destroy your Z06 in reverse off the line. Yes, the Vette has a lot of hype. You know why? It sounds like a real Exotic. Lol. I hope I get one. Maybe I keep it or maybe not. I fucking hate the ass end!!!!' I prey an aftermarket something will help it out. I think with new wheels, lowered and an exhaust 85% of the car is Dope. I hope the car is as magical as you are always saying and not a flop. 🙏🙏🙏
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #1044
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Stop going to price dude. There is always an excuse to buy or not buy something. Again. If people want a Vette, they would buy the highest model they could afford. You don't buy the stingray to say I have the stingray. You don't buy a plane ass 911 if you can afford the 4 or 4 S? You rattle off these numbers and say this or that is an exotic? A plaid will smoke just about every car EVER built. I guess you would say that's exotic to? Just cause your a total insane Vette lover will never make the car an exotic/ super car anything. My opinion, a 911 turbo is not an exotic super car. Yet it will destroy your Z06 in reverse off the line. Yes, the Vette has a lot of hype. You know why? It sounds like a real Exotic. Lol. I hope I get one. Maybe I keep it or maybe not. I fucking hate the ass end!!!!' I prey an aftermarket something will help it out. I think with new wheels, lowered and an exhaust 85% of the car is Dope. I hope the car is as magical as you are always saying and not a flop. 🙏🙏🙏

This post is proof that you had ZERO input to the discussion at all. And your insecurity has been shown in plain view for all of us to see.

So every car people buy, it HAS TO BE the top of the line?

My manager makes 526k a year as i saw his paystub by accident in his car. You want to know what car he drives? A jeep fucking grand fucking cherokee. His wife drives plain jane X4. Not even an X4M. She's a nurse. He makes 526k. So i guess he can't afford an X4M then since he got his wife an X4.

Stop going to price? This is what you said.

This post makes zero sense as a corvette is in a different price bracket as ferrari or a lambo. I never said a corvette is in that price bracket. I also said is a corvette an exotic in the sense of price and limited production in numbers. I said no.

I said is it a supercar in the general meaning of the word? YES.

You keep saying it's not, just because GM has built something extremely special.

I also said WHAT WE KNOW OF SO FAR, makes the car all of any definition of the word, supercar.

I also said we have to wait until we see performance data before we can solidify as the car being an actual supercar. From what we know SO FAR about the car, it is 1000000% is.

You keep getting your feelings hurt for some reason that someone wants to label a mass produced corvette a supercar.

I have owned corvettes for 2 decades and never once have i said any of the corvettes i owned were supercars. So how am i a fanboy?

Everyone and their mother knows GM built something special with the C8Z. GM's first supercar.

Stop whining dude. You're the one who said we have to agree to disagree. And i agreed to even that. You don't think the car is a supercar and that's fine. You don't. Awesome.

I do and more people will agree than those who will agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #1045
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This post is proof that you had ZERO input to the discussion at all. And your insecurity has been shown in plain view for all of us to see.

So every car people buy, it HAS TO BE the top of the line?

My manager makes 526k a year as i saw his paystub by accident in his car. You want to know what car he drives? A jeep fucking grand fucking cherokee. His wife drives plain jane X4. Not even an X4M. She's a nurse. He makes 526k. So i guess he can't afford an X4M then since he got his wife an X4.

Stop going to price? This is what you said.

This post makes zero sense as a corvette is in a different price bracket as ferrari or a lambo. I never said a corvette is in that price bracket. I also said is a corvette an exotic in the sense of price and limited production in numbers. I said no.

I said is it a supercar in the general meaning of the word? YES.

You keep saying it's not, just because GM has built something extremely special.

I also said WHAT WE KNOW OF SO FAR, makes the car all of any definition of the word, supercar.

I also said we have to wait until we see performance data before we can solidify as the car being an actual supercar. From what we know SO FAR about the car, it is 1000000% is.

You keep getting your feelings hurt for some reason that someone wants to label a mass produced corvette a supercar.

I have owned corvettes for 2 decades and never once have i said any of the corvettes i owned were supercars. So how am i a fanboy?

Everyone and their mother knows GM built something special with the C8Z. GM's first supercar.

Stop whining dude. You're the one who said we have to agree to disagree. And i agreed to even that. You don't think the car is a supercar and that's fine. You don't. Awesome.

I do and more people will agree than those who will agree with you.
Good talk. I have no feelings. It's a car. Very low on my daily life enjoyment. Go hang some more C8 posters on your wall by the bunk beds. Have a good weekend homie. 😘
Appreciate 1
Tyga113227.00
      08-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #1046
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

No one is buying a Corvette when they can afford a Ferrari. Maybe 0.1% of the population would choose a Z06 over a 458/488 etc.

Corvette's are just not special cars. They are associated with people with a mid life crisis.

Corvette bro in this thread is hilarious
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 08:56 PM   #1047
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
No one is buying a Corvette when they can afford a Ferrari. Maybe 0.1% of the population would choose a Z06 over a 458/488 etc.

Corvette's are just not special cars. They are associated with people with a mid life crisis.

I love him!! I know I will get a laugh when I go to read his amazing posts and replies. It's like watching Caddy Shack. You know exactly what's going
To happen, yet you laugh every time🤣.
Appreciate 2
Tyga113227.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      08-05-2022, 08:59 PM   #1048
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:

do you own a corvette or a ferrari?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:14 PM   #1049
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

No one chooses between a Corvette and an exotic the likes of a Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren. However, some people who already own one or several exotics could still consider getting a C8 Z06 as their daily commuter. I know I would rather have a Z06 than a Carrera S (just as an example).
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:24 PM   #1050
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
I love him!! I know I will get a laugh when I go to read his amazing posts and replies. It's like watching Caddy Shack. You know exactly what's going
To happen, yet you laugh every time🤣.
Pretty sure he blocked me awhile ago lol. He / She (not sure his pronouns) is a very strange individual. I question if he even owns an M3 or whatever he claims he has with his self-deprecating nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:43 PM   #1051
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
You don't buy the stingray to say I have the stingray. You don't buy a plane ass 911 if you can afford the 4 or 4 S?
I resemble that remark. I specifically wanted 2S cos i don't want AWD on my dang sports car
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:11 PM   #1052
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Quote:

Sad, but true. I had a c7Z06 when i was 28, and it was a great car. Fast, and reliable. It's sad that many people wont give the Corvette a chance simply because it's a "chevy" .. get off the high horse.

Too many cars out there to drive, and own, not enough time. The Z's have always been fast, and the C8Z will been no exception. It's going to slap alot of supercars around and have reliability and low maintenance to boot. But it still isn't a supercar. It's just as fast (or) faster than some...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 05:29 AM   #1053
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
do you own a corvette or a ferrari?
People who talk out of their ass like most here don't have either. They just say they do, or know a friend, or saw something online and they draw their conclusions based on that.

Corvettes have had supercar performance for decades, and it was never a supercar.

The C8Z finally is, and when we get the performance data, will cement it as one.

But i guess it's also cool to just spend more money, on a 10 year old exotic, that's slower, with old tech, no warranty, with a shit ton of mileage just to spite GM's new creation of their supercar, just to say, that's not a supercar, i rather have a 10 year old exotic instead.

Pure comedy LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 05:31 AM   #1054
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
No one chooses between a Corvette and an exotic the likes of a Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren. However, some people who already own one or several exotics could still consider getting a C8 Z06 as their daily commuter. I know I would rather have a Z06 than a Carrera S (just as an example).
Right. Many people on the corvette forum with BOTH.

A "poor man" stingray, sitting next to their ferrari. With their C8Z on order.

I guess supercar owners like shopping for new supercars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 08:12 AM   #1055
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Are you guys really still arguing over this? Neither side has convinced the other side in weeks.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
Cos270608.50
      08-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #1056
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Are you guys really still arguing over this? Neither side has convinced the other side in weeks.
It's over. I'm ordering my next super car soon. Plaid baby!!! Let the arguments commence🤪😳.
Appreciate 0