THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum bmw 220i b48 engine - stage 2 br-performance

11-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
AdamJaljoly
Rep
Drives: bmw 220i f22

Unhappy bmw 220i b48 engine - stage 2 br-performance

hello guys i have a 220i with remus muffler and no catalyst converter my dealer told me that i need a stage 2 map to remove dp cel ,and i dont have an upgraded downpipe he told me that its okay to map stage 2 and when i got the car done when i drive on sport+ and push from 1st gear i get error codes and the gear switches to D and transmission message gets on my idrive screen and car starts shifting alone each time it gets to 2000rpm and when i restasrt the engine every thing comes back to normal also my sport displays show that i have 300hp and 460nm tourqe im concerned that this will ruin my car please give me tips on what should i do thanks allot .(i know that pushing a tuned car from 1st gear is not good but it shouldnt be like that)

when the car transmission goes to safe mode i hear a blow off sound but my charge pipe is okay.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #2
seansurfn2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i m-sport

if your concerned about breaking your car save your money and trade it in for an m235i w forged crankshaft.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
RMMAGA
Private
Rep
Drives: 120i

the car is throwing a code, you should find out what code by reading it

it does sound like a pretty serious code if it limits RPM

note that on my stage 2 custom tune the redline was upped form 6500 to 6800 RPM, note that the trans is limited to 7000 rpm, if I put it in manual mode and just floored it to reline without shifting, it would overshoot to 7000 RPM, at that point the trans would disconnect with a loud CLUNK and it would put car into N, and throw a transmission over-speed error code, most likely if the redline was set a little lower like 6700 that would not happen

note you may want to also consider bootmod3 stage 2 flash, that is very stable, I tried that as well, it runs more timing and less boost and also does not change the redline, and you can read the codes and try different flash your self
Appreciate 0