THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Chelsea FTW!

09-09-2021, 03:26 PM   #133
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Man I hope Pulisic didn't seriously injure himself in that USMNT game against Honduras last night. That would be another blow for him and his injury plagued career.

Crap! I just read this about current injuries:

Reece James is suspended, Thiago Silva’s status is up in the air due to a disagreement between the Brazilian FA and FIFA over players being released during the international break. Romelu Lukaku is doubtful as he continues to work through a thigh issue. N’Golo Kante is also struggling with an ankle injury.j

Why is Reece James suspended?? I also didn't know Lukaku was injured. Not good. Kante has been gimpy for a while now which is quite concerning. Well I hope to see more of Chalobah. Wonder when their new signing will see play time... Saul Niguez.

Last edited by TiMSport; 09-09-2021 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #134
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Jesus that's a lot of players not playing. Reece James is suspended for the straight red last game.
I heard Lukaku hurt his quad playing for Belgium. Kante got hurt last game in the first so I fully expect Kovacic to start and hopefully Saul to come in later.
Thankfully it's Villa we play. I fully expect Chillwell to play in place of Reece James or maybe even Hudson odoi
      09-09-2021, 05:22 PM   #135
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS

Werner score 3 goals in 3 games for Germany. The last game he hooked up well with Havertz too. He also missed good chances as well. I think there is enough talent to cover this game. Champions league start next week on Tuesday. Zenit St Petersburg in London.
      09-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #136
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
Jesus that's a lot of players not playing. Reece James is suspended for the straight red last game.
I heard Lukaku hurt his quad playing for Belgium. Kante got hurt last game in the first so I fully expect Kovacic to start and hopefully Saul to come in later.
Thankfully it's Villa we play. I fully expect Chillwell to play in place of Reece James or maybe even Hudson odoi
I didn't realize James would have to serve another game as suspension due to the red card (which was sketchy to begin with). As if it wasn't bad enough they lost him for the 2nd half against Liverpool. I'd be surprised to see Chilwell considering it's been so long since he's been on the pitch for Chelsea.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 09:51 PM   #137
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
I didn't realize James would have to serve another game as suspension due to the red card (which was sketchy to begin with). As if it wasn't bad enough they lost him for the 2nd half against Liverpool. I'd be surprised to see Chilwell considering it's been so long since he's been on the pitch for Chelsea.
Yeah the red is still screwing us. And yeah Chillwell or Chalobah. 2 defense ruled out don't help us lol.
      09-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #138
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Not good news for Pulisic. Apparently he arrived in England on crutches after his duty with the USMNT. He won't be playing against Villa nor the first Champions League match against Zenit St. Petersburg.

The positive news is that it's an ankle tweak and not related to one of his typical muscle injuries that has plagued him in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #139
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not good news for Pulisic. Apparently he arrived in England on crutches after his duty with the USMNT. He won't be playing against Villa nor the first Champions League match against Zenit St. Petersburg.

The positive news is that it's an ankle tweak and not related to one of his typical muscle injuries that has plagued him in the past.
Yeah I read the chelsea press release, Lukaku apparently is ok to play and Tiago is suspended for 2 games. Ziyech seems fit too, could be a good time to try a new front 3 configuration, give Werner a chance to play
      09-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #140
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Romelu with 2 more goals! Another clean sheet for Chelsea. Noyce!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #141
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

BTW, Saul Niguez was absolutely horrible and I don't want to see him on the field anytime soon. He gave the ball away countless times and almost cost them a goal or two. As soon as Jorginho came on they flipped a switch and it was back to normal, more dominating play. That was not a good debut for Saul to say the least. No way he's prepared for the speed of the EPL.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #142
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
BTW, Saul Niguez was absolutely horrible and I don't want to see him on the field anytime soon. He gave the ball away countless times and almost cost them a goal or two. As soon as Jorginho came on they flipped a switch and it was back to normal, more dominating play. That was not a good debut for Saul to say the least. No way he's prepared for the speed of the EPL.
I agree but overall the team didn't play well. I'm glad Lukaku finished his chances and if it weren't for Mendy who knows what could have happened! Kovacic was a star though!
But the biggest thing is we can see what a true number 9 does for us. We still won 3-0 even though it wasn't our best showing, Lukaku was involved in kovas goal too. Plus he made 2 goals out of essentially nothing plays. That's what we missed last year
      09-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #143
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I agree but overall the team didn't play well. I'm glad Lukaku finished his chances and if it weren't for Mendy who knows what could have happened! Kovacic was a star though!
But the biggest thing is we can see what a true number 9 does for us. We still won 3-0 even though it wasn't our best showing, Lukaku was involved in kovas goal too. Plus he made 2 goals out of essentially nothing plays. That's what we missed last year
As I said before, Lukaku will be the difference maker for Chelsea this season and give them a legitimate shot at the EPL title. Keep in mind the night and day difference between the first and second half of yesterday's match. As soon as Tuchel pulled Saul and put in Jorginho they played much more like they have been lately. Tuchel even admitted it was his fault to have started Saul without sufficient training because La Liga is much different than the EPL. Kovacic has been a stud in that midfield and they have no better consistent passer on the field IMO.

Ironically I have finally come to realize how important Jorginho is to this team. Shocked he had won the UEFA player of the year but just think, he won the Champions League with Chelsea as well as Euro 2020 with Italy.

In any case, I'm really excited about Chelsea's potential this season regardless of Ronaldo being at Man U.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #144
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep

What about T. Silva, the fact the anything in his generally area is dealt with is just amazing for someone his age.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #145
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
What about T. Silva, the fact the anything in his generally area is dealt with is just amazing for someone his age.
Oh yeah of course Silva is huge for them. He's a savvy defender with tons of experience so whatever he lacks in speed he makes up for with his head smarts and positioning. He's definitely one of the reasons they've improved dramatically with their defense. If everyone can stay healthy, look out!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #146
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

In addition to Chelsea's victory to start off their defense of the Champions League, they got some nice little awards before kickoff.

Edouard Mendy: Goalkeeper of the year
Thomas Tuchel: UEFA manager of the year
Jorginho: UEFA player of the year
Kante: Midfielder of the year

I'm going to predict Lukaku getting some future hardware.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
e90Nate285.00
      09-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #147
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Lukaku seems to be already paying back that huge transfer fee, I have been very impressed with this hold up play! Chelsea looked pretty lack luster the last couple of games, but the difference this year is we are still winning because we have a proper number 9 who can finish a half chance.
      09-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #148
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Yeah they sometimes struggle a bit against teams that pack it in at the defensive end but as you said, we've got a new number 9 which makes all the difference. In the past, yesterday's game would've been a draw. Once again Lukaku showing he was worth the $$.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 12:25 PM   #149
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep

I just read that Rudiger and Chelsea still have not agreed an extension on his contract. It expires at the end of this season. Reports are saying he wants to stay in London, so that would be Tottenham if he wants to go to a "top club". Interested to see what happens. Rudiger had a really good game Tuesday.
      09-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #150
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I just read that Rudiger and Chelsea still have not agreed an extension on his contract. It expires at the end of this season. Reports are saying he wants to stay in London, so that would be Tottenham if he wants to go to a "top club". Interested to see what happens. Rudiger had a really good game Tuesday.
I do hope they extend him because he's been a critical part of this turnaround IMO. The more I watch him play, the more I have come to realize he has been a stud back there. He's tough and unbelievably quick which I've also noticed more recently.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #151
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

I just read an article that gave some insight as to Tuchel's thoughts on whether Ridiger is extended. Let's just say he is fully behind Rudiger and hopes that they get a deal done. I'm confident it will work itself out considering how valuable he has proven himself.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #152
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I just read an article that gave some insight as to Tuchel's thoughts on whether Ridiger is extended. Let's just say he is fully behind Rudiger and hopes that they get a deal done. I'm confident it will work itself out considering how valuable he has proven himself.
It is going to be interesting to see if they pay him what he wants. I don't remember very many players getting what they want pay wise, I think Hazard was the last one I can remember. It would be nice to see Rudiger and Kounde play together.
      09-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #153
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
It is going to be interesting to see if they pay him what he wants. I don't remember very many players getting what they want pay wise, I think Hazard was the last one I can remember. It would be nice to see Rudiger and Kounde play together.
I haven't heard anything about the financials so not sure how much Rudiger is asking for. We know Chelsea has the money and they probably recognize his importance to the team. They can probably loan Chilwell to some other team and recoup some? He doesn't seem to be in Tuchel's long term plans.

If there's something Chelsea is good at, it's keeping their books balanced.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:21 PM   #154
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Boom!!
Appreciate 0