THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Gtechniq C5 Wheel coating

10-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Gtechniq C5 Wheel coating

I have new Titan 7 T-S5 wheels and reached out to a few folks, and they all came back with this product. $50 for 30ml, but thats way more then enough for 4 wheels. (sounds like 15ml could stretch 4 wheels)

Here is a great (skip 1st couple minutes) video on application and more importantly, the why (versus a more basic wax or spray on)

If you are getting new rims, highly rec. , as you will see, application isn't difficult, its all the cleaning/removing, that is.

I ordered a few extra application pads, but have my own high quality cloth, and don't need to prep since wheels are new. (I'll do generic wipe down)

App Video

Product https://www.amazon.com/Gtechniq-C5-W...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

Extra app pads, I'll use one for drum, and one for face, so ordered extra https://www.amazon.com/Gtechniq-Lint...e%2C141&sr=1-4

Cheers
Appreciate 1
K8_M235i475.50
      10-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Applied today, pretty easy to put on, even with all the nooks and crannies. plenty left over, I'll probably do calibers next weekend. I got 30ml, and that was plenty for inside drum and face etc. used almost 1/2.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #3
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

First cleaning today post C5 application and wheels on. I sprayed hard (no cleaner), and wiped, after a few hundred miles of driving. Lil dust but if applied properly, this stuff works pretty good.
Appreciate 0