THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing M235i xdrive oil starvation - is it an issue?

02-04-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
SeattleX4MC
White Lightning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4MC

M235i xdrive oil starvation - is it an issue?

Hi All,

Just picked up an 2015 M235i xdrive for a track toy, autocross and more. Originally wanted a 2wd, but found a sweet xdrive model that I could not pass up! Plan to xdelete into 2wd as needed. Spent the day yesterday at Pacific Raceway. I must say this is a capable car for the money!

Reading about oil starvation and am wondering if this is as a big of an issue with the xdrive. I was frequently hitting 1G in hard braking and acceleration corners.

It appears the oil pan is a much different design. Anyone have specific experience with xdrive and oil issues?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:17 PM   #2
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

I don't think the x drive cars have the same problem, but I don't have one personally. I know there's no baffles available for them because of the pan shape.
Appreciate 0