THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Wheel paint code for 2017 M240xi

09-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
Stefo
Rep
Drives: BMW M240 xi 2017

Wheel paint code for 2017 M240xi

New to this forum. Just bought a 2017 M240xi in August (build date 3/17). Great car, fun to drive and allot more power than my 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe I just sold.
When I bought the car, it had some curb rash on the wheels. I decided to battle the project myself and try to sand, fill and paint them, but I could not figure out the paint color. Removed the wheels and it had 2 paint names in the inside part of the wheel, Ferric Grey and Orbit Gray. Dealer was no help. After going to a local paint shop which specializes in BMW paint, they mixed both for me and we tried them. It seems that Orbit Gray is the correct color for my model year. Many posts list that Ferric Grey is the correct color but it seems that this color is for the M235 (not able to confirm this).
As a note, the same Orbit Gray color is also on the body at the bottom rear bumper.
Below I have the wheel paint colors and BMW codes:
Orbit Gray: B35 (M240 with 436M wheels)
Ferric Gray II: B55 (M235 ?)
Ferric Gray: A80 (Early model BMW’s)
Below is a link to the paint shop that I went to for the spray canned paint. They also carry touch up bottles. Please call them, as these paint codes are not listed on their website.
www.jerzyautopaint.com
If you have a local paint mixing shop in your area, you can try to see if they have it.
The only other option for Orbit Gray is on ebay, from stores in the UK and Lithuania.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

In Canada the M240i is also available with 461M wheels, which are Ferric Grey 2.
Appreciate 0