THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M2 oil pan upgrade

09-06-2020, 05:05 AM   #1
Ericm235
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235

M2 oil pan upgrade

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone on here has upgraded to the m2 oil pan and secondary oil pumps. Sounds like the 235 has pretty ordinary baffling in the sump and has an issue with track use leading to starvation and spin rod bearings. Would like to here how hard this is as a diy and all up costa for parts. I've rebuilt and modified engines before on Porsche's and Alfa's so unless this requires special tools probably not that hard, just time consuming?

Does anyone know if you need to prime the oil circuit after this upgrade and best way to do this?
      09-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...1474653&page=3

The parts list is in this thread.

To prime your oil system you can disconnect the injector harness. BMW recommends you do this anytime you work on the oil system.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 05:47 AM   #3
Ericm235
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...653&page=3

To prime your oil system you can disconnect the injector harness. BMW recommends you do this anytime you work on the oil system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...653&page=3

Ok thanks for that. Similar to most cars then by priming with the starter rather than running pressure through the system.

The guy on the thread had TWO blown engines? Jeez that's not a good reflection on the N55 non M2 design.

I guess the risk of buying a used scavenger oil pump is the engine would likely have blown leading to risk of debris in any used parts.