THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Saddest day for my 2series Sport :( #Stolen

08-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
Mleon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2 series 228i

Saddest day for my 2series Sport :( #Stolen

Unfortunately my beautiful 2 series sport was stolen at the valet in Beverly Hills this past Wednesday.
Just went for a nice lunch with a friend and handed over my key fob..
I guess someone watched me..
They went up to valet and said they lost their valet ticket and described my car and that it was just a key fob...

The valet got the car. Asked what was in the center console. They said an envelope (there wasn't) and they willingly handed it over..

And the lady drove off.
Cops are involved, insurance, and the restaurant.
Hopefully with their million dollar liability insurance I get a new car and a settlement.
Just sad to lose my baby since It took a lot of time and effort to make him exactly how I wanted...

Hoping for the best... but sad to see him go and get stolen....

They mentioned they found him and the lady BUT regardless, I wouldn't feel safe driving a car that was stolen overnight.
RIP to onyx 08/13/2020
I'll miss ya buddy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
aftercorbu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 20 S3

Sorry to hear that. Shitty deal.
Appreciate 1
bk950.00
      08-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
harma24
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Glacier Silver

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear that. But if they recovered the car and it's in one piece, what's your concern? Take it to a shop and have it checked out if you're really concerned about it.

I'd follow up with the restaurant / valet company. That was just boneheaded of them to hand the keys over, especially if the thief incorrectly answered the question about the contents of the center console. They could have checked the registration / your license to confirm that it was your car, or that you at least reside at the same address where the car is registered. They also could have asked some more difficult questions to answer (what is preset #2 set for), something that the rightful owner would easily remember but would be extremely difficult for an impostor to know / guess correctly.
Appreciate 1
BrettKA7566.50
      08-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
khoa@x-ph.com
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleon View Post
They mentioned they found him and the lady BUT regardless, I wouldn't feel safe driving a car that was stolen overnight.
RIP to onyx 08/13/2020
I'll miss ya buddy
Did the lady total the car or you just have a mental breakdown looking at the car after?
All jokes aside at least they found your car and no one was hurt.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 10:55 PM   #5
Hekler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Black on Black

Sorry to hear. I work in BH most of the time. What restaurant and valet company?

Something tells me a long training course in common sense is coming to this valet company
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #6
Mleon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2 series 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekler View Post
Sorry to hear. I work in BH most of the time. What restaurant and valet company?

Something tells me a long training course in common sense is coming to this valet company
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekler View Post

AVRA! ZG valet.
I was surprised. You'd think in the elite Beverly Hills they'd take better precautions on handing over keys.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Sorry this happened to you. This is why I try to avoid doing valet as much as possible. I know sometimes it's unavoidable and people can't comprehend why I wouldn't want someone to park my car for me, but I've never felt easy about it and am thinking about my car the entire time I'm in the restaurant so I can't even enjoy dinner.

Hope everything gets squared away!
Appreciate 0