THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 14 m235i stock staggered: Bridgestone s001’s SUCK or is it tire pressure?

07-18-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
2Slow2Win
Rep
Drives: 14 m235i

14 m235i stock staggered: Bridgestone s001’s SUCK or is it tire pressure?

I was stupid and listened to a tire rack representative sell me on these Bridgestone tires that are literally the worst Tires I’ve ever owned on any of the 11 cars that I’ve had.

They are spongy, loose, the car lurches to the left no matter what tire pressure you use. Checked all the bushings, everything else, everything else is fine. And was fine before I put these crappy ass tires on.

I’ve run various tire pressures front and rear including what was given to me by their installer. All of them make the car feel extremely loose and the car will actually drift while I’m driving.

They are the correct size.

The Nexen tire of all tires actually outperformed this tire leaps and bounds. Never felt like this even when tire pressure was somewhat low.

Any other ideas on tire pressures to try to get this firm ride back? I like the tight steering not loose.

As far as tire rack goes they suck. After reaching back out they were only let me buy Bridgestone tires nothing else. First and last time I’ll ever do business with them I’m good thank you oh no thank you fast napkins maybe some napkins thank you you as well

Last edited by 2Slow2Win; 07-18-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
Sail Boat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow2Win View Post
I was stupid and listened to a tire rack representative sell me on these Bridgestone tires that are literally the worst Tires I’ve ever owned on any of the 11 cars that I’ve had.

They are spongy, loose, the car lurches to the left no matter what tire pressure you use. Checked all the bushings, everything else, everything else is fine. And was fine before I put these crappy ass tires on.

I’ve run various tire pressures front and rear including what was given to me by their installer. All of them make the car feel extremely loose and the car will actually drift while I’m driving.

They are the correct size.

The Nexen tire of all tires actually outperformed this tire leaps and bounds. Never felt like this even when tire pressure was somewhat low.

Any other ideas on tire pressures to try to get this firm ride back? I like the tight steering not loose.

As far as tire rack goes they suck. After reaching back out they were only let me buy Bridgestone tires nothing else. First and last time I’ll ever do business with them I’m good thank you oh no thank you fast napkins maybe some napkins thank you you as well
Strange, I've heard great things about the S001 and always had positive transactions/customer service with TR; sorry that you've had such a bad experience.

Genuinely curious, but were the tires mounted backwards? Meaning did the installer ignore the rotational direction?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
...the car feel[s] extremely loose and the car will actually drift while I’m driving.
If you haven't already, you might try having the alignment checked.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 09:57 PM   #4
2Slow2Win
Rep
Drives: 14 m235i

Tires mounted correctly. It was aligned fine. The tires just sucked!

Bridgestone Indy 500's are a MASSIVE improvement. Very very impressed.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:54 AM   #5
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Tires mounted correctly. It was aligned fine. The tires just sucked!

Bridgestone Indy 500's are a MASSIVE improvement. Very very impressed.
Apparently, you're not the only one who thought so.

Appreciate 0