THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 100k mile M235

09-07-2020, 07:15 PM   #23
Heitzer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i; BMW S1000RR

I ended up buying new, because a turbo BMW with manual shifting puts a lot of faith into the drivers actions. The more I read on this forum the more I am convinced my concerns are justified .

Joking aside, if you can make sure the car wasn't tuned or there was intentional or unintentional abuse, buying used is a good choice. For the same reasons, buying a used, automatic Camry is so much more straightforward.
      09-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #24
dlewis23
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

As someone who has owned a 140,000+ mile M235i I can safely say 110k miles really isn't nothing on these cars.

Granted it is a performance car and they tend to get absurd more but I will say the car is very well engineered as long as oil changes have been done at a regular there should be minimal issues with the car.

I had the oil filter housing gasket fail at around 130k miles, then the valve cover gasket and passenger side rear wheel bearing a few thousand later.

The climate it is kept in does play into the factor also. I am in South Florida and my car still looked brand new, the list of parts from a few posts up does not apply and is not even close. My exhaust still looked like brand new, zero rust, the engine bay besides the small Exxon Valdez was again like new, and got even better after cleaning from the OFHG.

Other than a few minor things the car is really well built and designed and could go for 200k miles with basic care.
Appreciate 2
harma24402.50
Heitzer103.00