THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Clunk Front Of Car

01-28-2023, 11:03 PM   #1
beems58
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92 and BMW M240i F22

Help appreciated. M240i F22

When I left to work turning left, I heard a aggressive clunk noise from the front of my car. Drove normally, nothing happened. Left work made a left out of the lot and the same thing happened. After this never happened again.

I came back to BMW to get my car serviced and let them know and as they lifted the car they heard like a light clunk as the car lifted. Is that normal?

They also kind of shook the suspensions and it seems loose, looser on the driver side (left). They’re taking another look at it, but wanted to know if this was normal? What else could it be that I can have them check?

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2023, 11:08 PM   #2
beems58
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92 and BMW M240i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beems58 View Post
Help appreciated. M240i F22

When I left to work turning left, I heard a aggressive clunk noise from the front of my car. Drove normally, nothing happened. Left work made a left out of the lot and the same thing happened. After this never happened again.

I came back to BMW to get my car serviced and let them know and as they lifted the car they heard like a light clunk as the car lifted. Is that normal?

They also kind of shook the suspensions and it seems loose, looser on the driver side (left). They’re taking another look at it, but wanted to know if this was normal? What else could it be that I can have them check?

TIA!
Also if it helps, I only have 39K miles on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 04:10 PM   #3
tlum235i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

It could be a few things honestly, but I would check the thrust arm bushing or it could be steering rack thrust bushing (part 32106891974). I replaced the latter recently and it removed a noise i was hearing driver front side over bumps at slow speed, especially when turning.
Appreciate 1