THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Whiteline Camber Bushings?

01-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #1
omerakz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220D F22, Mazda MX5 ND

Garage List
2014 BMW 220d  [0.00]
Whiteline Camber Bushings?

Hello all,

I tried to use Millway Street camber plates for my 220d with ST XA coilovers, but it made a lot of noise on the road. I guess ST XA and Millway can't work together.

So i am searching for other solutions, such as front lower arm bushings.

Powerflex seemed to be good quality but it only gives -0.5 max camber.

I found these Whiteline camber bushings, they claim that it gives up to -1.5 camber, which is very nice for just bushings i think.

What you think about those? Anyone used it? Also would you recommend any other solution to reach -2.5 camber?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Whiteline makes great suspension upgrades. Most lower control arm or bushings will only add around -0.5. The double offset can add more camber.

Here is another option for a wide range of camber adjustment, but NVH should be expected:

https://www.hpashop.com/SPL-Adjustab...L-FLCA-F3X.htm

Last edited by HP Autosport; 01-11-2023 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 11:36 AM   #3
omerakz
Private
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 220d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Whiteline makes great suspension upgrades. Most lower control arm or bushings will only add around -0.5. The double offset can add more camber.

Here is another option for a wide range of camber adjustment, but NVH should be expected:

https://www.hpashop.com/SPL-Adjustab...L-FLCA-F3X.htm
Thanks for the info.

-1 of course wont be enough for track use, but it is better than 0 i guess.

What type of NVH is expected with those arms? Camber plates were nightmare to me, it was installed uncorrectly i guess. If it is not that bad for daily and the joints wont be ruined after 30-40k km, it wont be a huge issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 12:31 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerakz View Post
Thanks for the info.

-1 of course wont be enough for track use, but it is better than 0 i guess.

What type of NVH is expected with those arms? Camber plates were nightmare to me, it was installed uncorrectly i guess. If it is not that bad for daily and the joints wont be ruined after 30-40k km, it wont be a huge issue for me.
Our experience with Vorshlag plates are a slight increase in NVH(expected with any camber plates), but there is no clunking unless something didn't fit or installed correctly. Vorshlag also uses the largest spherical bearing in the industry , more than sufficient to take the load.

Any spherical will require replacement at some point. Our recommendation for a street car is the Whiteline for a street car and Vorshlag plates for a track car. Track car that needs anything behind -3.0, then we recommend installing the SPL adjustable lower arms as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
omerakz
Private
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 220d  [0.00]
[QUOTE=HP Autosport;29727745]Our experience with Vorshlag plates are a slight increase in NVH(expected with any camber plates), but there is no clunking unless something didn't fit or installed correctly. Vorshlag also uses the largest spherical bearing in the industry , more than sufficient to take the load.

Any spherical will require replacement at some point. Our recommendation for a street car is the Whiteline for a street car and Vorshlag plates for a track car. Track car that needs anything behind -3.0, then we recommend installing the SPL adjustable lower arms as well.

Thanks a lot

I am driving my 220d both daily and for 6-7 track days per year.

This is why i want to have around -2 camber.

Do adjustable lower arms worn out quickly?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 03:52 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=omerakz;29731670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Our experience with Vorshlag plates are a slight increase in NVH(expected with any camber plates), but there is no clunking unless something didn't fit or installed correctly. Vorshlag also uses the largest spherical bearing in the industry , more than sufficient to take the load.

Thanks a lot

I am driving my 220d both daily and for 6-7 track days per year.

This is why i want to have around -2 camber.

Do adjustable lower arms worn out quickly?
We have sold and install the SPL arms on both street and track cars. You will get years of service as long as the roads you drive on are relative smooth.

That said, we still recommend camber plates for your application.
Appreciate 0