THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Battery / Tune Issue??

02-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
Efftooto
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Battery / Tune Issue??

Hey guys/gals,
Just wondering if this has happened with anyone else - I'm unsure what the problem might be.
I have a '16 M235i XDrive, original battery, with a VRSF Chargepipe and a Stage 1 bm3 OTS tune. Love it.
Lately and sporadically, while driving the chime sounds, the window pops down as if I'm opening the door, the door locks (both doors) start locking/unlocking, the door open graphic on the instrument panel lights up and the dome light comes on. Sometimes it fixes itself right away, other times not. If I stop briefly the "secure vehicle before moving" message comes on the iDrive screen, but the car moves as normal - until this morning parking at work where I had to turn it off for a minute to be able to back into a spot.
I have had no indication that my battery is dying, and am wondering if it is battery or tune related... I also have made a couple minor changes via Bimmercode.

Chris
Appreciate 0