THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding with bimmer code

12-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Coding with bimmer code

Had my first coding experience today with bimmer code installed a 8.8 inch display and changed a few of the display functions overall it was a good experience. However I notice that there was a module in the coding that instead of being green like all the rest had a yellow dot before it. It was the section for the automatic AC functions. It was this way prior to any coding that I did and continue to be yellow after the coding I did. I can find very little info on this or how to correct it. Can anyone enlighten me on what this yellow indicator means. I picked this car up used so don't have much idea what was done in the past if anything coding wise. Ac has worked great. I have noticed the ocational change in the indicator for auto to manual air circulation appearing to change on it's own.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Climate Changer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018 230i xdrive co ...  [0.00]
2019 x3  [0.00]
I never seen it yellow only grey, green or red. Email Stephan at Bimmercode. They are very responsive.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climate Changer View Post
I never seen it yellow only grey, green or red. Email Stephan at Bimmercode. They are very responsive.
thanks i will give that a try. I did find a old post on another forum last night with the identical code error on this module. sounds like it is just an odball problem that can arise with this module.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 02:55 AM   #4
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

There in some sort of fault code stored within those individual module. It's very likely the hardware was previously replaced an not programmed to module properly.

You have to run a Test Plan with something invasive like ISTA+ to see what shadow code(s) are being reflected for those modules.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #5
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
There in some sort of fault code stored within those individual module. It's very likely the hardware was previously replaced an not programmed to module properly.

You have to run a Test Plan with something invasive like ISTA+ to see what shadow code(s) are being reflected for those modules.
that sounds like it is well out of my ability level. I saw nothing of value to try and program in the demo mode of bimmercode. As long as things continue to work i might just leave well enough alone.
Appreciate 0