THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Pure Turbos Stage II

09-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
F1wheels
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Pure Turbos Stage II

Just asking if anyone else has gone to the higher end of upgrades for the F22 (N55) engine? I was looking at the Pure Turbos Stage II turbo upgrade. WIth everything I would need it would only set me back $3,550 and that is not bad when they posted numbers of 528 WHP and 495 WTQ.

https://topgearsolutions.com/bmw-m23...urbo-upgrades/

If anyone has gone this route or a similar upgrade to their F22 I would love to hear your feedback. I have already maxed out on the available Bolt-on AM mods for my car.
Thanks,
David
      09-04-2019, 05:27 AM   #2
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Just asking if anyone else has gone to the higher end of upgrades for the F22 (N55) engine? I was looking at the Pure Turbos Stage II turbo upgrade. WIth everything I would need it would only set me back $3,550 and that is not bad when they posted numbers of 528 WHP and 495 WTQ.

https://topgearsolutions.com/bmw-m23...urbo-upgrades/

If anyone has gone this route or a similar upgrade to their F22 I would love to hear your feedback. I have already maxed out on the available Bolt-on AM mods for my car.
Thanks,
David
Tons of posts on here. Search for pure stage 2. I have ps2 it's worthless without fuelling. So if you don't plan on extra fuel in some variety I wouldn't bother honestly.

But if you do a good custom tune and xdi hpfp with some e will blow most things away including your undies
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
F1wheels
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on having w/m injection added to the car. That in itself will be around $2k with a custom tank.
I currently run a VF tune who did you go through for your tune that you currently run?
Thanks,
David
      09-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
c-m
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Just wait until they come out with an even larger turbo than Stage 2! I got the XDI-60 HPFP and canít wait to get everything installed. PI is less expensive, but the XDI HPFP are easier and capable of a lot.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
ddoblo
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m View Post
Just wait until they come out with an even larger turbo than Stage 2! I got the XDI-60 HPFP and canít wait to get everything installed. PI is less expensive, but the XDI HPFP are easier and capable of a lot.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Quote:
Just wait until they come out with an even larger turbo than Stage 2! I got the XDI-60 HPFP and can’t wait to get everything installed. PI is less expensive, but the XDI HPFP are easier and capable of a lot.
The xdi pump is the best way to go. Skip wmi and pi. The hpfp is more tuneable then the other options and it's safer.

There is a bunch of big turbo kits out already, the reason I went pure was anything above 600hp the zf box is gonna have a hard time. I'm not wanting to have to replace or rebuild that when I can barely get traction out of 550hp.

I went mhd for the tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
c-m
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
The xdi pump is the best way to go. Skip wmi and pi. The hpfp is more tuneable then the other options and it's safer.

There is a bunch of big turbo kits out already, the reason I went pure was anything above 600hp the zf box is gonna have a hard time. I'm not wanting to have to replace or rebuild that when I can barely get traction out of 550hp.

I went mhd for the tune.
What tires are you running? I just switched to Michelin PS4S and love them. Probably getting some rear R888Rs for the track after my pure turbo and XDI install.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
F1wheels
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

I didn't plan on going any bigger than the Stage II because I would also start to worry about my 8 -speed ZF tranny. Did you pay the $2,250 for the XDI pump? That is the best price I found so far.
      09-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #9
c-m
Private
Rep

Quote:
I didn't plan on going any bigger than the Stage II because I would also start to worry about my 8 -speed ZF tranny. Did you pay the $2,250 for the XDI pump? That is the best price I found so far.
I got the larger one (xdi-60). Got a deal on it from TTFS directly. Talk to Gabe. He will work with you!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
F1wheels
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

I wanted to ask if any of you guys experienced problems with just aftermarket bolt-ons? I have the Dinan 2 core IC, Dinan CAI, Berger Mtrsprt Charge-pipe,VRSF catted down-pipe and VF's Stage II Tune.
My car runs great up until about 6k rpms then it will stumble and sputter. I have already replaced the coil packs as I had a Fault Code indicating that one was bad, but that did not solve the problem.
It will almost seem to clear itself out if I keep my foot in it. But my AFR gauge is reading very lean at that point so I figure that the factory pump cannot supply enough fuel at the high-end of the rpm range. If I decide not to go to a Pure Turbo Stage II set-up any recommendations as to whether I should replace the lpfp in the tank or should I spend the money on either the XDI or go with the Port-injection set-up from Elite Fueling Solutions?? What I don't like about the Elite is the entire intake assembly has to be removed to install their manifold spacer with the built in fuel rail. I feel the XDI system is much simpler to install and they send you the flash file for the pump configuration.
Thanks,
David
      09-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
I wanted to ask if any of you guys experienced problems with just aftermarket bolt-ons? I have the Dinan 2 core IC, Dinan CAI, Berger Mtrsprt Charge-pipe,VRSF catted down-pipe and VF's Stage II Tune.
My car runs great up until about 6k rpms then it will stumble and sputter. I have already replaced the coil packs as I had a Fault Code indicating that one was bad, but that did not solve the problem.
It will almost seem to clear itself out if I keep my foot in it. But my AFR gauge is reading very lean at that point so I figure that the factory pump cannot supply enough fuel at the high-end of the rpm range. If I decide not to go to a Pure Turbo Stage II set-up any recommendations as to whether I should replace the lpfp in the tank or should I spend the money on either the XDI or go with the Port-injection set-up from Elite Fueling Solutions?? What I don't like about the Elite is the entire intake assembly has to be removed to install their manifold spacer with the built in fuel rail. I feel the XDI system is much simpler to install and they send you the flash file for the pump configuration.
Thanks,
David
You should post logs but how much power is the car making?

|NEW! E90 E92 E93 Sequential LED Side Marker Modules! | |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Fabspeed| |Injen| BM3 VRSF ER Discounts & More
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #12
F1wheels
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

I spoke with Gabe @ TTFS and he suspects that the Factory hpfp is taking a shit at anything higher than 6k rpm's. My tune from VF does not allow for any Data Logging (SUCKS).
So, I am going to buy the $100 app from MHD that will allow me to do some Data Logging and then I am going to send it off to him to look at. Until I get the car running correctly I cannot be certain of actual power. VF shows dyno graphs that basically say with the AM parts that I have I should be around 395 WHP and 430 WTQ.
I have already pretty much decided to throw the VF tune in the trash, literally! They do not allow you to re-sell the tune even once it is unlocked from the car's ECU. For only $450 I can get the data logger or Monitor Module, Flasher Module, and $99 per each Map that I choose. I am either going to go with the Stage II or the Stage II+, if I upgrade my fuel system with the XDI-35. Then I would be able to go with the Stage II Pure Turbo and that should put me right around 500 WHP and 500 WTQ.
When I do get the car to run correctly with the parts it now has on it, the dyno is the first place I am headed!
      09-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
Dynamic_m235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Nope nobody's put a ps2 in their n55 yet
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #14
F1wheels
Rep

Pure Turbos Stage II

According to Amack, he is running the XDI-60 hpfp along with the Pure Turbos Stage II and MHD Tune with Water/Meth. He said he is making 550 WHP but did not want to go any higher for fear of putting the 8-speed ZF tranny at risk.
So far, that is my plan, I spoke with Gabe @ TTFS and will go with the XDI-35, which should be more than sufficient. Along with that the Pure Turbos Stage II and I am going to dump my VF tune to switch to MHD.
Total cost, NOT including labor is going to be right around $6k. But if I can get 500/500 WHP and WTQ I think it is a good investment.
My car may be a 2015 but only has 26,461 for mileage. It was a leased car with only one owner from Southern Cali, so mostly dry weather driving.

Last edited by F1wheels; 09-11-2019 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:14 AM   #15
ChrisFulton
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Are you saying that PURE is coming out with a larger turbo option?
Appreciate 0