THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Unwanted Navigation Suggestions

08-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
P2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M-Sport eDrive 40

Unwanted Navigation Suggestions

I randomly receive a pop up suggesting to navigate to my last known destination. I cannot figure out how to stop this. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
I randomly receive a pop up suggesting to navigate to my last known destination. I cannot figure out how to stop this. Any ideas?
I have cleared it in two ways, depending on how it presents: 1) I've accepted the destination and then just toggled to the destination flag on the left side of the screen to cancel the destination. 2) I've had the arrows for the next turn in the gauge cluster pop up (regardless of my having selected digital speed), while the center nav screen had nothing on it. I entered my home (anything off recent destinations will do) and canceled that like in example 1.
Total PIA, but it's a relatively quick workaround assuming it's not dangerous in the given circumstances to mess with your idrive.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
P2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M-Sport eDrive 40

I was actually hoping to find a way to stop getting the alert to begin with. Maybe I'll ask the genius next time I'm at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
bluesman8266
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M240i

I've been getting the same thing. I was thinking it started when I conected Apple carplay. Yes it is a pain seeing it each time you start.
Appreciate 0