THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum New to me 2017 M240 convertible

01-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
MichBadger
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240ix vert

New to me 2017 M240 convertible

Hello All,

I have been lurking here for a couple of months with a few posts in between the 2 series and 1 series boards. Last Friday I purchased a "used" 2017 M240i xDrive Convertible with Sapphire Black and Coral Red interior. It is almost fully loaded, as far as I know from the available options, with Cold Weather, Drivers assistance plus, Nav, Harmon Kardon and Apple Car Play. The car had 522 miles on it at time of purchase. Without going into the full story, it now appears the car is being treated as new for warranty and included service benefits. This was unexpected when I went to purchase and I am very happy, if it holds true. I really wanted Mineral Gray with Coral Red, but the deal on this was just too good to pass up.

A bit about me. I'm your typical middle aged man being accused of a mid-life crisis buying my first BMW. In reality, I had a Porsche Boxster S in 2000 when I went to work for Ford Motor Company. I then spent the last 18 years driving various Ford products. I recently took an early retirement package and have been excited as all heck to get back into a non-Ford product. I bought an older used Lexus SUV to tide me over until I decided upon and picked my "perfect" new car. Over the last 6 months, I started on 3 series, moved to 4 series, moved to 1 series and finally settled on the 2 series. I think it will be the perfect mix of size and performance, while still being able to take the kids to practice, when I need to do so. For the most part, I will daily drive the 2 and the Lexus will go to my kids who are just coming into driving age this spring.

I took a 13 hour road trip with the car to bring it home from Mississippi to Michigan. That's more time than I wanted to sit, but it gave me a good chance to break it in. I still have a lot of questions about some of the radio set up and such things as programming buttons to my liking.

I'm also looking into protective film for the front end, different mirror caps, possibly exchanging the fine wood for carbon fiber trim, and lastly ditching the RF tires.

I was pretty obsessed with finding the right car for quite some time. Searching multiple times per day and making lots of phone cars all around the Eastern US to find the right combination of options, colors, mileage and price. I didn't get the Mineral Gray that I wanted, but overall the car puts a smile on my face every time I've gotten in it so far.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to say hello. I also appreciate all the help I've had so far in PMs to some of the regular members here. I will be posting other questions very soon.

MichBadger
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      01-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
Cabrio330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23

Congrats! I have a '17 M240i convertible and love it still. Copied below is my post on a couple mods, including mirror caps. They're are inexpensive and still look great, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Well, I didn't really do all of this today but here are the four mods I have done to my 2017 M240i convertible in the first few weeks of my ownership...

Aftermarket M4-style mirror caps, painted body color (Mineral White) ($79.99). Very good quality, very happy with the look and no wind noise.
Link to ebay seller ikonmotorsports: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-BMW-F2...item41e75bbb21

Aftermarket carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler ($125.00). Very good quality, it looks different than the photos on ebay but I am happy with it, came with 3M tape. Link to ebay seller mjcarmod https://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-BMW...mA7P:rk:1:pf:0

OEM M Performance rear diffuser, painted body color. Purchased and installed at BMW of Dallas.

OEM M Performance rocker panel decals. Purchased at BMW of Dallas, they would not install them (?!?) but found a clear bra shop that installed them for $75.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Congrats on the purchase. Check out the gloss black trim that's avail for the 228/230 it's a nice look with the red interior and much cheaper than the CF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Congratulations and many years and miles of fun, safe, and happy motoring! Probably for the best that you took the trip in person....one never knows! Welcome back to Michigan! For protective film, sooner is better. Here is THE guy to check out...an artist! Ask for Larry...and say hi to Jennifer

http://www.norockchips.com/

Hang on a bit for tires....the ones you may want most (either UHPAS or summer only, either with a set of winters?) are fairly useless this time of year. Are you driving it this winter in the snow?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 06:08 AM   #5
MichBadger
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240ix vert

I have been picking and choosing my days to drive it based on how much crud I think will be on the roads. Unfortunately Larry is so booked, he's not taking new business right now. I have an appt to drop the car elsewhere later this week to have PPF applied on the entire front clip.

Guys, thanks for the links to the accessories. Still not sure which way to go on those yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0