THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Please delete

01-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #1
jules_78th
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Cabriolet

Please delete

Thanks for all the advise, will go full disclosure with the dealership. Mods please delete I don't want this thread being available in case this goes the legal route.

Last edited by jules_78th; 01-16-2019 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Please delete - I don't want this going back to the dealership - gonna battle it out
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Well the repair was realized buy a tech and if you went to sell the car ?

U don’t have any correspondence w/selling dealer about the license plate mount ?

I’d approach the selling dealer with all that you know and maybe even threaten them.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Does Canada not have a law requiring the dealership to disclose any previous accident info at time of sale? In the states it is illegal for a dealership to knowingly sell you a vehicle that was in a previous accident without disclosing the information to the buyer.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Don't understand. Did you buy the 2019 new from a BMW dealer in the GTA?
Are you sure it's a 2019 and not a 2018?
How many clicks were on the clock when you bought it?
Was it a demo, exec driven?????
      01-14-2019, 08:34 PM   #5
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Does Canada not have a law requiring the dealership to disclose any previous accident info at time of sale? In the states it is illegal for a dealership to knowingly sell you a vehicle that was in a previous accident without disclosing the information to the buyer.
Lol, please show me the federal law (you did imply that by referencing "the states", which one would logically infer to as meaning all 50) that makes this "illegal". If there was such a law, most dealerships would be shut down.
      01-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #6
stevenvillatoro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
My suggestions, FWIW: Email them so you get a written reply. Play dumb on the first round, i.e., don't disclose yet what you know... and ask whether the front end had ever been damaged, repaired, or repainted either at the port or by the dealer. And if so, what were the reasons/circumstances. Based on their written reply, you can decide how to pursue it. If you take it back to them at some point for an inspection and chat, try to bring along an astute friend to witness the interaction. And afterwards, email the dealer with a summary of what was discussed and any resolution.

I'd be super pissed if they repainted the bumper and/or hood with no disclosure nor alternatives for you to reorder the car, pass it up altogether, or to be compensated otherwise. When I picked up my 2, I insisted that they show me that there had been no transit damage or other repair, which they did, on the spot, to my satisfaction. My concern for the risk of damage had been so strong that I insisted on doing the full cosmetic portion of the PDI myself.

Sorry to hear of your problem. For some people, it would be no big deal, but for me it sure would.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #7
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Lol, please show me the federal law (you did imply that by referencing "the states", which one would logically infer to as meaning all 50) that makes this "illegal". If there was such a law, most dealerships would be shut down.
A dealership CANNOT knowingly sell you a vehicle that was involved in an accident without disclosing the information. At least in Hawaii, California, Oregon, and Washington I know for sure. Do a quick google search but I'm sure the laws are the same in the other states.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #8
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

My brother worked at a bodyshop as a porter, he told me on a daily basis, he picked up brand new cars from Audi, Chevy, and Nissan dealers that had to have to repairs done due to shipping damage, before delivery to the customer.. This included repainting of entire body panels..

This is pretty common in the new car dealer world. If it's legal or not, I'm sure but I assume there is a gray area, as long as the damage does not brand the title..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 06:22 AM   #9
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
My brother worked at a bodyshop as a porter, he told me on a daily basis, he picked up brand new cars from Audi, Chevy, and Nissan dealers that had to have to repairs done due to shipping damage, before delivery to the customer.. This included repainting of entire body panels..

This is pretty common in the new car dealer world. If it's legal or not, I'm sure but I assume there is a gray area, as long as the damage does not brand the title..
Usually there is a state law that stipulates repair work over a certain amount (example $300) needs to be disclosed as selling a repaired vehicle. And of course dealerships low ball repair bills to meet that requirement.

However the original posters request about license mount really doesn’t adhere to a pre delivery touch up repair - probably something the dealer will justify and a if you went to arbitration or sued could easily be upheld.
Appreciate 0