THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics 2 Series Harmon Kardon PUBLISHED BUILD SPECS

06-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #45
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan99 View Post
we need a voting system for comments like these...lol
There is a thumbup/thumbdown under every post. Shows a 0 by default...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #46
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstem View Post
I try to stay out of stereo discussions as they are so subjective, but I have to agree with you here. Loud bass does not make a good stereo. I would much prefer a system with anemic low frequency response that gives me a nice, flat, clear mid and high range response. I find it laughable (or downright scary if the HK is really that bad) when people say that a Chevy has a better stereo. I have rented many with and without upgraded sound and they are all boomy, muddled and completely lacking in mid and high frequency clarity. The bass is loud, though.

Based on my experience with previous HK systems, I would be willing to bet Bladomatic has it correct. Decent to good mid range and treble with anemic, but not offensive bass. Overall decent clarity without boominess, but still lacking in definition. This is also a rather inexpensive upgrade compared to better systems. Porshe costs either 2k or 5k for the upgraded stereo. Jaguar's is 4k. Mercedes rolls it into the Premium package at 2k. Cadillac rolls it into a 4k package. Seems like BMW's 800 is on the low end.
TBH I wish they offered a 2K upgrade, seems to me that HK should be standard equipment, no way does it cost BMW over $800 to buy this system, I'd be surprised if they paid more than $200, it's a real pain trying to upgrade the sound in modern cars so I'd much rather pay upfront and have something worth having in the first place, or at least give us the option of having a cable in the trunk so we can just plug in an active sub
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #47
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstem View Post
I try to stay out of stereo discussions as they are so subjective, but I have to agree with you here. Loud bass does not make a good stereo. I would much prefer a system with anemic low frequency response that gives me a nice, flat, clear mid and high range response. I find it laughable (or downright scary if the HK is really that bad) when people say that a Chevy has a better stereo. I have rented many with and without upgraded sound and they are all boomy, muddled and completely lacking in mid and high frequency clarity. The bass is loud, though.

Based on my experience with previous HK systems, I would be willing to bet Bladomatic has it correct. Decent to good mid range and treble with anemic, but not offensive bass. Overall decent clarity without boominess, but still lacking in definition. This is also a rather inexpensive upgrade compared to better systems. Porshe costs either 2k or 5k for the upgraded stereo. Jaguar's is 4k. Mercedes rolls it into the Premium package at 2k. Cadillac rolls it into a 4k package. Seems like BMW's 800 is on the low end.
TBH I wish they offered a 2K upgrade, seems to me that HK should be standard equipment, no way does it cost BMW over $800 to buy this system, I'd be surprised if they paid more than $200, it's a real pain trying to upgrade the sound in modern cars so I'd much rather pay upfront and have something worth having in the first place, or at least give us the option of having a cable in the trunk so we can just plug in an active sub
I like the sound of my HK. Could it use a little more bass? Yes. Would it be better with an equalizer? Of course.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #48
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Didn't someone in a coding post mention you can get the manual EQ back via coding? I hope this is the case.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #49
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
Didn't someone in a coding post mention you can get the manual EQ back via coding? I hope this is the case.
Technic on the other forums said the programming is part of the amp, not idrive. Idrive is just the interface to control it. So there wouldn't be a code if the amp doesn't support it, but if you have something that says otherwise, that would be cool.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Maybe it was just to turn on the Logic7. I will check with EAS and see what programing is possible.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #51
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Audi's A3 has B&O.
Appreciate 0