THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics BMW Connected Drive Apps in Canada?

08-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #45
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Now that I have the "new" Canadian Connected drive account setup online, I deleted the car from BMW Remote app and reconnected it with the new account setting and everything works fine. Then yesterday I decided to download the US Connected Drive app again (wouldn't work two months ago as, just like mentioned above, it wouldn't accept the VIN as I am in Canada). It took my Canadian BMW ConnectedDrive account log in info (the new one) and the US app is now working just fine with my Canadian car!!!

I was able to get all kinds of new apps working on iDrive after installing on my iPhone via the app. I suspect the new Canadian app (due out in October) will basically be the same thing as the US! Even have my calendar syncing which was my big thing!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #46
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Now that I have the "new" Canadian Connected drive account setup online, I deleted the car from BMW Remote app and reconnected it with the new account setting and everything works fine. Then yesterday I decided to download the US Connected Drive app again (wouldn't work two months ago as, just like mentioned above, it wouldn't accept the VIN as I am in Canada). It took my Canadian BMW ConnectedDrive account log in info (the new one) and the US app is now working just fine with my Canadian car!!!

I was able to get all kinds of new apps working on iDrive after installing on my iPhone via the app. I suspect the new Canadian app (due out in October) will basically be the same thing as the US! Even have my calendar syncing which was my big thing!
Awesome. iOS or Android?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #47
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funwithdesign View Post
Quote:

Awesome. iOS or Android?
iOS
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:04 PM   #48
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

I just downloaded the .apk for Android (the package is de.bmw.connected.na) and was able to install and login using my Canadian credentials from the new site. It has my vehicle and its last location but remote locking just failed. I will explore a bit more and see what works or doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #49
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

So ... remote commands do work. I went down to my car and both the lock and headlight commands work. But, the app reports an error connecting.

Spotify doesn't work because apparently it requires iDrive that supports "Apps via Bluetooth" which I don't have. Since I am planning an iDrive 6 upgrade in the next couple of months, that should work at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #50
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

BMW Connected App

Quote:

Hello Mike519,

How did you manage to download US version of "BMW Connected App"? I tried App Store and it is not available for Canada.

Also what additional Functionality you get in "BMW Connected App" compare to "My BMW Remote" available in Canadian Play Store or App Store?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Following might help to few new BMW owners;

"My BMW Remote" app for Canadian client is fixed as of Aug 20, 2018. In this app following functionality is working for me:

1. Status: Total Range in KMS or Miles (based on setting) you can drive with the remaining gas in car.

2. Remote:
a. Climate: Activate Ventilation Now or Activate for set departure time or Deactivate.

b. Remote Control: Lock, Horn and Head Light Flasher (you have to hold down the each button for 2 seconds) Unlock: Will not unlock but will display a toll free numbers for US and Canada.

3. Maps: Current location of car in street view or satellite view. Google Search function for desired navigation location. Once you find your location click on Red pin and 2 icons will show up on bottom of screen. One icon for "Navigate here" and second is "Send To vehicle". This "Send to vehicle" was not working earlier but it is working now. Most of Canadian clients will be required to Re-Register for Connected Drive service. Once you register you will be able to Add your BMW vehicle and use above functionality in "My BMW Remote" app.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #51
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahtopito View Post
Hello Mike519,

How did you manage to download US version of "BMW Connected App"? I tried App Store and it is not available for Canada.

Also what additional Functionality you get in "BMW Connected App" compare to "My BMW Remote" available in Canadian Play Store or App Store?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Following might help to few new BMW owners;

"My BMW Remote" app for Canadian client is fixed as of Aug 20, 2018. In this app following functionality is working for me:

1. Status: Total Range in KMS or Miles (based on setting) you can drive with the remaining gas in car.

2. Remote:
a. Climate: Activate Ventilation Now or Activate for set departure time or Deactivate.

b. Remote Control: Lock, Horn and Head Light Flasher (you have to hold down the each button for 2 seconds) Unlock: Will not unlock but will display a toll free numbers for US and Canada.

3. Maps: Current location of car in street view or satellite view. Google Search function for desired navigation location. Once you find your location click on Red pin and 2 icons will show up on bottom of screen. One icon for "Navigate here" and second is "Send To vehicle". This "Send to vehicle" was not working earlier but it is working now. Most of Canadian clients will be required to Re-Register for Connected Drive service. Once you register you will be able to Add your BMW vehicle and use above functionality in "My BMW Remote" app.

Thanks
Hello again,

I have found a valid current link to download "BMW Connected" app for Android.

If you go to Play Store and search for "BMW Connected" you will find a different app called "BMW Connected Classic". This is different app than "BMW Connected".

While Googling I found following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.connected.na

This link will take you to "BMW Connected" app in Play store with Button to Install. Please copy above link to your mobile browser and it will take you to Play store for "BMW Connected" app ready for install.

After installing this app I used my Canadian Connected Drive credentials and it successfully launched and asked me to create a Pin for daily use. Then I added my vehicle (2018 X3 xDrive30i) using my VIN. All functions seems to be working.

This "BMW Connected" app gives you little bit more functionality than 'My BMW Remote" app.

Please try to above and let everyone know your success story. If any issue still let everyone know so someone can help.

Thanks and have wonderful Long weekend (Labour Day long weekend in Canada)

Last edited by Khatopito; 09-04-2018 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 05:40 PM   #52
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahtopito View Post
Hello again,

I have found a valid current link to download "BMW Connected" app for Android.

If you go to Play Store and search for "BMW Connected" you will find a different app called "BMW Connected Classic". This is different app than "BMW Connected".

While Googling I found following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.connected.na

This link will take you to "BMW Connected" app in Play store with Button to Install. Please copy above link to your mobile browser and it will take you to Play store for "BMW Connected" app ready for install.

After installing this app I used my Canadian Connected Drive credentials and it successfully launched and asked me to create a Pin for daily use. Then I added my vehicle (2018 X3 xDrive30i) using my VIN. All functions seems to be working.

This "BMW Connected" app gives you little bit more functionality than 'My BMW Remote" app.

Please try to above and let everyone know your success story. If any issue still let everyone know so someone can help.

Thanks and have wonderful Long weekend (Labor Day long weekend in Canada)
This will only work if your Play store region is set to the US. If it's set to Canada you'll have to find the .apk file on one of the reputable mirror sites.

And, it's "Labour" Day in Canada ...
Appreciate 0