THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM V-Power

10-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
DM94
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M240i

V-Power

Recently bought an M240i and as there has been a bit of a fuel crisis over the last month I had no luck getting any V-Power since my purchase but I was in luck today! This is the first time I've ever filled up with anything other than standard unleaded petrol so I knew it was going to be more costly. It was 158p per liter () and as I had about 1/8 of a tank left it cost me £71 to fill up all the way. Only reason I went with V-Power is because it's 99RON and people are always banging on about it (and I want to take care of my engine too)!

Wondering what kind of price V-Power costs in your area or if you recommend going with another brand?

(This topic has no doubt been covered to death but this is also an excuse to revive the UK regional forum)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #2
slinkyjynx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

All for a bit of UK revival, it's dead here.

I'm not picky when it comes to fuel. I normally run the standard E10 out of Sainsburys most of the time and only occasionally put in super unleaded when the price is under 150. Then again I only drive mine for commuting and occasional fun, if I was tracking it I'd fill with super beforehand.

Tesco do great Super Unleaded for a decent price.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
DM94
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyjynx View Post
All for a bit of UK revival, it's dead here.

I'm not picky when it comes to fuel. I normally run the standard E10 out of Sainsburys most of the time and only occasionally put in super unleaded when the price is under 150. Then again I only drive mine for commuting and occasional fun, if I was tracking it I'd fill with super beforehand.

Tesco do great Super Unleaded for a decent price.
I have to say, I'm the same - most of the Shell 99 I'm buying is being used for commuting and some fun driving about once or twice per week, so not sure if it's really worth the premium in that case. Although with the cleaning properties and more efficient burn, maybe it still is, who knows!

And yeah, would be great to see the UK forum a bit more active on here!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #4
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
I go for Shell V-Power for my M235i as it's a long-termer, so it's for the cleaning additives, rather than the RON. Fortunately, it's my second car with another for utility use, so I'm not too badly hit by the price rise impact. I think the additives are a genuine benefit, but probably not that cost-effective paying the premium if you're only going to swap it after 3-4 years.
Cos270608.50