THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2017 M240ix Estoril Blue NorCal/East Bay

08-06-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 M240ix Estoril Blue NorCal/East Bay

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Howdy 2additct friends,

**I started this thread as a "FEELER". i have decided to sell the car, so it is not a "feeler" anymore.**

I have decided to sell my 2017 M240i xDrive. I do not "need" the car, and I dearly would like to move into an F87 or possibly an F80 or e9x M3 or e46 M3, e34 M5, etc. With that in mind, it is nearly impossible in this current market to get what you want without cash in hand, and moving quickly.

I *really* would prefer this car go to an enthusiast or private party vs. selling it to Vroom or the like. If it does go to Vroom, someone will get some nice "extras" with this car. On to the cars specs....

2017 M240i xDrive
44506 miles (I am currently not driving it to keep the miles down)
Estoril Blue II/Coral Red leather
CPO
I bought it last July one owner CPO from Concord BMW. It has a CPO warranty good until July 2022. I bought it with 37999 miles on it. I rarely drove it until my recent change of jobs, moving me MUCH closer to home. My commute is 6 miles now. This commute doesn't involve any highway miles, and I typically only drive it once or twice a week (I commute on my bike as well). The PO must have lived in the Lamorinda area (East Bay, where I Live) because he has a ton of service records from Concord BMW, and Big O Tire in Lafayette. It was also clearly garage kept as it was immaculate for the most part. I have a copy of the original Carfax. The car is in a southwest facing carport, so it doesn't see any sun.

Recent pics can be found at the link below. I will update this post later with interior pics as well. The car is filthy as I rarely drive it, and I have not had time to get it cleaned.

LINK TO PICS *the car is 8mm higher now than in these pics*

If you chase my profile, you will find a ton more pics of the interior and such before I lowered it.

It has just about every option sans the Adaptive cruise control.

It is bone stock except the following ,IMO, tasteful mods.

- BBS 19x8/19x9 CHR Titanium with 225/255 Yokahama's front /rear.
- B16 Dampronic suspension installed 4 weeks ago by VT Motorworks in Pleasanton. New bearing supports and gaskets installed as well.
- CTS intake (I have the original).
- Dinan resonator delete (I have the old one piece stock exhaust).
- M4 replica Ebay carbon rear spoiler.
- M Performance rear diffuser.
- Carbon M Performance mirror covers.
- Replica M Sport front splitter (i don't use the under spoiler, only the lower "lips" (I have a second one as well in the case I hit something).
- A few carbon bits in the interior (Steering surround, gear shift surround).
- M Performance lower skirt long stickers.
- Ebay side skirt under spoiler and rear bumper spats under spoiler.
- IND replica M Performance exhaust tips.
That is all I think. If I remember anything else I will let you know.

There are a few imperfections in the paint here and there. But you would have to be looking hard to find any. The front "fangs" had some rash on the underside of the very front edge from the PO. I covered that the M performance replica splitter covers. Which I prefer look wise. Otherwise the rest of the car is super clean. I keep the engine compartment very clean.

The interior is really clean. The driver bolster has a few lines, but no cracks. The rest of the interior is pretty much as new. Same with the trunk.

Service wise, I changed the oil immediately when I got the car, and that oil maybe has 4k miles on it (done at Weatherford BMW, 0w-30). I plan to get it changed next week as well. The tires are for the most part fairly new. Otherwise I have had no reason to service it. The car is a beast, runs like its new, and is the fastest car I have owned. With the recent suspensions upgrade, it is one of the best handling vehicles I have owned. It is really how it should have come from the factory.

As far as Vroom, they offered me $32248 two days ago. Which is a good offer considering what the car is (It went up $1k in one month). I also looked up KBB and that was in line with the trade in and Personal sale values. Keep in mind I use those values more as a "guideline" if I selling to a private party.

If you are interested in the car, please feel free to make me an offer. PM me and i will send you my contact info.

The car is very well sorted, and presents really well. The sum of this cars parts make it a real gem. I truly am sad to let it go, and I am sure I will regret it down the road. But the itch is real...

I am fine with a PPI or the like. I have the title to the car, no lien.

Questions or more details? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

josh

PS I forgot to mention, I am totally open to trades for the above mentioned cars, or the like. Thanks!

Last edited by spidy512; 08-07-2021 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
ErikB60.50
      08-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
faraz.bmw
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Howdy 2additct friends,

**I started this thread as a "FEELER". i have decided to sell the car, so it is not a "feeler" anymore.**

I have decided to sell my 2017 M240i xDrive. I do not "need" the car, and I dearly would like to move into an F87 or possibly an F80 or e9x M3 or e46 M3, e34 M5, etc. With that in mind, it is nearly impossible in this current market to get what you want without cash in hand, and moving quickly.

I *really* would prefer this car go to an enthusiast or private party vs. selling it to Vroom or the like. If it does go to Vroom, someone will get some nice "extras" with this car. On to the cars specs....

2017 M240i xDrive
CPO
I bought it last July one owner CPO from Concord BMW. It has a CPO warranty good until July 2022. I bought it with 37999 miles on it. I rarely drove it until my recent change of jobs, moving me MUCH closer to home. My commute is 6 miles now. This commute doesn't involve any highway miles, and I typically only drive it once or twice a week (I commute on my bike as well). The PO must have lived in the Lamorinda area (East Bay, where I Live) because he has a ton of service records from Concord BMW, and Big O Tire in Lafayette. It was also clearly garage kept as it was immaculate for the most part. I have a copy of the original Carfax. The car is in a southwest facing carport, so it doesn't see any sun.

Recent pics can be found at the link below. I will update this post later with interior pics as well. The car is filthy as I rarely drive it, and I have not had time to get it cleaned.

If you chase my profile, you will find a ton more pics of the interior and such before I lowered it.

- B16 Dampronic suspension installed 4 weeks ago by VT Motorworks in Pleasanton. New bearing supports and gaskets installed as well.
- Replica M Sport front splitter (i don't use the under spoiler, only the lower "lips" (I have a second one as well in the case I hit something).

There are a few imperfections in the paint here and there. But you would have to be looking hard to find any. The front "fangs" had some rash on the underside of the very front edge from the PO. I covered that the M performance replica splitter covers. Which I prefer look wise. Otherwise the rest of the car is super clean. I keep the engine compartment very clean.

The interior is really clean. The driver bolster has a few lines, but no cracks. The rest of the interior is pretty much as new. Same with the trunk.

Service wise, I changed the oil immediately when I got the car, and that oil maybe has 4k miles on it (done at Weatherford BMW, 0w-30). I plan to get it changed next week as well. The tires are for the most part fairly new. Otherwise I have had no reason to service it. The car is a beast, runs like its new, and is the fastest car I have owned. With the recent suspensions upgrade, it is one of the best handling vehicles I have owned. It is really how it should have come from the factory.

As far as Vroom, they offered me $32248 two days ago. Which is a good offer considering what the car is (It went up $1k in one month). I also looked up KBB and that was in line with the trade in and Personal sale values. Keep in mind I use those values more as a "guideline" if I selling to a private party.

If you are interested in the car, please feel free to make me an offer. PM me and i will send you my contact info.

The car is very well sorted, and presents really well. The sum of this cars parts make it a real gem. I truly am sad to let it go, and I am sure I will regret it down the road. But the itch is real...

Thanks!

josh

PS I forgot to mention, I am totally open to trades for the above mentioned cars, or the like. Thanks!
Text me please at 8163825473!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #3
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Replied to PM.

We will chat soon...

josh
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #4
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Howdy 2additct friends,

2017 M240i xDrive
CPO

Thanks!

josh

Have you considered a RWD F22? There's a big difference between that and the AWD you have in driving dynamics. I just picked mine up last week, had ordered it with a 6MT and am extremely happy. There are a few in CA that may be available and likely for not a crazy amount more than Vroom has offered you. Unless you track your cars, a new M240i is more than enough for street use.

For context, some of my prior rides (all were 6MT) have included:

CTS-V Wagon
Gt350
FD Rx7
S2000
Z4M Coupe
135i M Sport

I don't feel like the F22 is a negative compromise relative to the F87. In fact, it's specifically what I wanted given the exclusive street use.
Appreciate 1
spidy512491.50
      08-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyrx7 View Post
Have you considered a RWD F22? There's a big difference between that and the AWD you have in driving dynamics. I just picked mine up last week, had ordered it with a 6MT and am extremely happy. There are a few in CA that may be available and likely for not a crazy amount more than Vroom has offered you. Unless you track your cars, a new M240i is more than enough for street use.

For context, some of my prior rides (all were 6MT) have included:

CTS-V Wagon
Gt350
FD Rx7
S2000
Z4M Coupe
135i M Sport

I don't feel like the F22 is a negative compromise relative to the F87. In fact, it's specifically what I wanted given the exclusive street use.
Thanks for the reply. And a solid arguement you have made for the f22. I do not disagree that a 2WD (even throw in a 6sp to seal it) would be a more engaging car. And fwiw, I am far from decideing what to get next at this point. I will keep this in mind whenever I do get into another car.

Best,
josh
Appreciate 0