THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions BimmerCode

01-03-2018, 08:17 AM   #309
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

For some reason my passenger side mirror isn't tilting on reverse. It did work at one time. I checked and it is active. I coded it not active and then coded it back to active and still nothing.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #310
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

Is the mirror selector switch in the left position? That's when tilt-on-reverse engages.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #311
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
Is the mirror selector switch in the left position? That's when tilt-on-reverse engages.
You know, every time I do something stupid, I'm conflicted. I'm quite happy it was something easy to fix it, but I'm still stupid. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #312
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post
You know, every time I do something stupid, I'm conflicted. I'm quite happy it was something easy to fix it, but I'm still stupid. Thanks for the help!

LOL...j/k!

BTW, have you given any consideration to joining the STLBMWCCA Chapter?
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #313
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Quote:
Just remember here on the Forum there are no stupid questions, just stupid question askers. Wait, no, that's not right. Lets see, we have stupid questions but no stupid question... no that's wrong... Oh never mind
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #314
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GCRacer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
Ok, trying to add office.
Head unit is NBT EVO
Followed this series
I get office to show up in the main display and two others, but I don't get it when configuring my phone. I did check the box on my iPhone 6 to allow notifications under Bluetooth. I don't see emails or texts.
Sorry, pics are out of order.
Did you ever get the office integration to work. I can see my calendar now but no text or e-mails from iPhone.

Andy
Nope. But I didn't push it either. Just gave up.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #315
Bmw240xi18
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GCRacer View Post
Quote:
Ok, trying to add office.
Head unit is NBT EVO
Followed this series
I get office to show up in the main display and two others, but I don't get it when configuring my phone. I did check the box on my iPhone 6 to allow notifications under Bluetooth. I don't see emails or texts.
Sorry, pics are out of order.
Did you ever get the office integration to work. I can see my calendar now but no text or e-mails from iPhone.

Andy
Nope. But I didn't push it either. Just gave up.
Texts is via voice I thought - it reads it to you?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #316
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Very odd - I coded my mirrors to fold in on locking on 3 of my cars now. The 235 and both the 3-series wagon and sedan. Works perfectly on the F30 and F31 but no dice on the F23. I know I am not screwing something up because I am doing the exact same thing on all the cars and it works on the others.

Anyone get it to work properly on the 2-series? I have delay set to zero fold on comfort close, comfort close on key.
This worked fine in my 2018 F23.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 09:41 PM   #317
bacampbe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 Z4 M40i PB

I just coded some items on my 2018 m240i vert:

- open/close mirrors on comfort access
- door handle lights on reverse
- Phone ring tone
- turned off iDrive legal disclaimer.

I was not able to do anything with the instrument panel. BimmerCode listed it as an "unknown ECU".

Does anyone know what "Rear camera zoom" does?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 03:56 AM   #318
staticbelow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

What's this mean? German using Android

I'm trying to turn off any disclaimers that I can. I've read through this thread and found where to go but the labels are in German. Can anyone translate this for me?

I've had the Vgate for less than a day so I'm reluctant to start trial and error; figure it's easier to check with you guys.

Thoughts on the App and Vgate so far

Car - 2016 M235i
Dongle - "Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 3.0 OBD2 Code Reader" (verbatim from Amazon headline)
Setup - Car running, phone charged about 80%

I downloaded the BimmerCode app first to check it out. In demo mode (hadn't paid for it yet) I was able to see two choices in settings for the OBD2 dongle - WIFI or BlueTooth - on my Samsung S8+.

From the thread I gathered that BlueTooth is used on Android and WIFI on iPhone. I purchased the Vgate listed above so it would (hopefully) work regardless of the phone I have.

The Vgate started to connect to my Android immediately (seems like it takes about a minute, probably a little faster to complete the connection).

I couldn't get the first module to open. I tried several times. I decided to moved on, the other modules loaded okay. I made some simple changes and hit the code button. Everything worked fine.

Feeling a bit more confident I made more changes. I believe the changes I made were to the startup disclaimer but I'm not 100% sure that was the only one. Hit the code button and then the car shut down on it's own after completing the coding. I was a bit worried at first but everything's working fine and it seems others have had this happen and it's normal.

I tried again to get the first module listed in BimmerCode on Android to load using the Vgate Pro. I remembered in another thread something about locking the doors before removing a dongle (Vgate) so I tried it.

The first module loaded on the next try. This could easily be coincidence or perhaps something else is going on. Anyone had anything similar? Especially with the Vgate Pro instead of Vgate 2?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #319
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Bimmercode Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticbelow View Post
I'm trying to turn off any disclaimers that I can. I've read through this thread and found where to go but the labels are in German. Can anyone translate this for me?

I've had the Vgate for less than a day so I'm reluctant to start trial and error; figure it's easier to check with you guys.

Thoughts on the App and Vgate so far

Car - 2016 M235i
Dongle - "Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 3.0 OBD2 Code Reader" (verbatim from Amazon headline)
Setup - Car running, phone charged about 80%

I downloaded the BimmerCode app first to check it out. In demo mode (hadn't paid for it yet) I was able to see two choices in settings for the OBD2 dongle - WIFI or BlueTooth - on my Samsung S8+.

From the thread I gathered that BlueTooth is used on Android and WIFI on iPhone. I purchased the Vgate listed above so it would (hopefully) work regardless of the phone I have.

The Vgate started to connect to my Android immediately (seems like it takes about a minute, probably a little faster to complete the connection).

I couldn't get the first module to open. I tried several times. I decided to moved on, the other modules loaded okay. I made some simple changes and hit the code button. Everything worked fine.

Feeling a bit more confident I made more changes. I believe the changes I made were to the startup disclaimer but I'm not 100% sure that was the only one. Hit the code button and then the car shut down on it's own after completing the coding. I was a bit worried at first but everything's working fine and it seems others have had this happen and it's normal.

I tried again to get the first module listed in BimmerCode on Android to load using the Vgate Pro. I remembered in another thread something about locking the doors before removing a dongle (Vgate) so I tried it.

The first module loaded on the next try. This could easily be coincidence or perhaps something else is going on. Anyone had anything similar? Especially with the Vgate Pro instead of Vgate 2?
I am no expert on this, but my understanding and the module I bought (which was the recommended dongle by Bimmercode) was a WiFi dongle, not a Bluetooth dongle, so perhaps that is part of your problem. Not sure why you are getting German as everything I saw when coding my car was in English. My understanding is that the Advanced Mode is only available for iPhone/iPad devices. The Advanced mode is in German, so not sure why you are seeing that with an Android device unless they have recently added or updated the Android version since it has been a few months since I last used Bimmercode. I don't know if any of this helps you. The German wording that your screenshot showed was something about "No LD" or "LD With Timeout" if that makes any sense to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #320
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Smile Observations from first coding

I just got the dongle (Vgate iCar Pro WiFi), paid the coding fee, and coded a few options on my 2014 M235i with my iPad. The usual things: blinker count, idrive warning disable, digital speed, TPMS values, handle lights in reverse, etc. It could not have been easier. Scan the menus, select a few things, and hit the 'Code' button.

However, I'm glad I read through this whole thread to pick up some tips. I'm going to reiterate a few I found helpful, and some other things.

1) Don't forget to go into your phone settings and connect to the Vgate WiFi. I kept pressing the 'connect' button in Bimmercode and it was giving me a 'failed to connect' button. I was thinking I had a defective dongle, when I had a 'Doh!' moment and realized I hadn't connected to the WiFi. (Spoiled by the bluetooth dongle I use with my Android tablet I guess.)

2) The first thing I tried to code was the Headunit. When I hit the code button, I got a 'Failed to code, connection unstable' message. I went into the app settings and selected 'Slow communication'. That fixed the issue. Worked perfectly after that. (Also disabled bluetooth, based on other tips in the thread. Since the iPad had never paired with the car I didn't think that was it, but it didn't hurt.)

3) After coding the Headunit, the iDrive display went completely blank. Kind of disconcerting. Turned the car off and on, and it came right back, with all the new capabilities. (woohoo!)

4) Coding the Headunit did erase all of my button favorites. Had to reprogram all of those. (Kind of annoying, especially since I forgot a few of the radio settings.)

5) I did lose the clock display when I coded the Instrument Cluster. I was expecting that, but it hasn't come back yet. I expect it will eventually, based on thread comments. (If not, I'll start some panicky thread questions. <grin> Probably just my old slow 3G head unit taking a while.)

6) When I coded the Front Electronic Module, the car did shut off at the end of coding. There was also a scary 'chassis failure' message on iDrive. I turned the car off, started it up again, and everything was back to normal.

7) The instrument cluster went a bit crazy and blanked out when I coded one area. Think it was FEM, but might have been Instrument cluster. Again, the correct response was not to panic, but just shut off the car, and then start it up again.

It would be nice if the app had a few warning/reminder notices for some of these. A few less 'Doh!' moments, and avoid some 'oh no!' adrenaline bursts. And most of the options could use some additional explanatory text to explain what they do. But all in all, it was a polished easy experience.

Now, I just need to dig into all the variations on 'welcome lights' to see what I want to change there. And peruse the cheat sheet for any fun advanced options.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #321
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep

This is weird. I have a 2014 235, I just had the EDC unit replaced under warranty. Everything on the car went back to default. I previously had someone else code my car with E-sys. I later got Bimmercode so I could play around with things too. Since the warranty work, I don't have access to a lot of things I did before with Bimmercode. I can't change ASD, mirrors folding, blinkers, can't turn amber markers off. Has anyone experienced this? This may be a coincidence, but my windows will auto touch down, but not auto touch up. The dealer said they'll code this, but I wasn't sure if it was related.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #322
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is weird. I have a 2014 235, I just had the EDC unit replaced under warranty. Everything on the car went back to default. I previously had someone else code my car with E-sys. I later got Bimmercode so I could play around with things too. Since the warranty work, I don't have access to a lot of things I did before with Bimmercode. I can't change ASD, mirrors folding, blinkers, can't turn amber markers off. Has anyone experienced this? This may be a coincidence, but my windows will auto touch down, but not auto touch up. The dealer said they'll code this, but I wasn't sure if it was related.
This is a T-rex stretch, but it may be related to the version of Bimmercode that you have.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #323
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
This is a T-rex stretch, but it may be related to the version of Bimmercode that you have.
I ended up coding Enhanced Bluetooth with E-sys and now I have access to everything else in BimmerCode, weird.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #324
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I love this App, it gives you 'ultimate' control of the options you paid for and really, it's so freaking simple, a chimp could use it.. The only regret is this was not available when I had my JCW Mini and 135i, a few years ago...

Anyways, I read that there is a module to disable specifically just the brake-based ediff, however, I can't seem to find it in Bimmercode. I had the MP LSD installed and I'm just curious to how the car operates without the ediff, old school style, then I will code it back in afterwards, in the name of safety...

Anyone who could provide the parameters and folder locations for the DSC, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any feedback on completely coding out the ediff, please share.. Thanx.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #325
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Turn off drive mode description?

Is there any way to turn off the descriptions that pop up every time I select a different drive mode (Sport, Sport Plus, Eco).
I HATE it!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #326
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
Is there any way to turn off the descriptions that pop up every time I select a different drive mode (Sport, Sport Plus, Eco).
I HATE it!
You can do that in the idrive menu. No coding required.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #327
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You can do that in the idrive menu. No coding required.
Thanks!!!
(Embarrassed that I didn't think to check this.)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #328
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep

Well . . . everything seems to work fine until I hit code.
Then I get a message that the, "connection to the adapter is too unstable to code," and instructed to disconnect.
I've tried just unplugging and starting over from step one.
Same results 4 times.
Vgate iCar2 wifi.

Also, when I go to "Settings" on the Bimmercode app, all I have is the name of the adapter: Vgate iCar 2/3/Pro Wi-Fi.
Are there no other additional settings?

Last edited by ChrisFulton; 03-21-2018 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #329
TT1351
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135, GTS, E30 M3+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
Well . . . everything seems to work fine until I hit code.
Then I get a message that the, "connection to the adapter is too unstable to code," and instructed to disconnect.
I've tried just unplugging and starting over from step one.
Same results 4 times.
Vgate iCar2 wifi.

Also, when I go to "Settings" on the Bimmercode app, all I have is the name of the adapter: Vgate iCar 2/3/Pro Wi-Fi.
Are there no other additional settings?
Try the slow communication option.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #330
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1351 View Post
Try the slow communication option.
Is this an app setting?
There are no options in settings on my Bummer code app?

Last edited by ChrisFulton; 03-21-2018 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0