THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Rear view mirror swap[?]

06-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
ssrriivv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive coupe

Rear view mirror swap[?]

Is it possible to replace the stock 2 series rearview mirror with the new bezel-less type found in the G series cars? Like the new X3? It's got a nicer look and doesn't have the creaky plastic build quality
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrriivv View Post
Is it possible to replace the stock 2 series rearview mirror with the new bezel-less type found in the G series cars? Like the new X3? It's got a nicer look and doesn't have the creaky plastic build quality
Anything is possible with the right money. But I would assume unless it has any specific sensors that interact with the onboard computer, it should be ok. Since I know you can retrofit e90 rear view mirrors etc in older cars, they more or less just need a power source.
      06-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
Cumberlandjames
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive cabriolet

Mirror Swap Out

I would be happy to replace my stock mirror with one that has Homelink. I thinks it the most ridiculous thing not to be able to open your garage without spending 2K plus on the exec pkg which gives you crap you'll never use. Spent alot of time searching but never really found a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumberlandjames View Post
I would be happy to replace my stock mirror with one that has Homelink. I thinks it the most ridiculous thing not to be able to open your garage without spending 2K plus on the exec pkg which gives you crap you'll never use. Spent alot of time searching but never really found a replacement.
I was looking into getting a homelink rearview into my z3, you basically just need to run a power source to it, and it should work. I think e90 rearview mirrors are readily available.
Appreciate 0