THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Alcantara wrapped trim

12-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
F22santiago
Banned
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 6 Speed M240i

Alcantara wrapped trim

So i was thinking about ordering some faux suede/alcantara and maybe wrapping the interior trim. I figure it cant be that hard if you use adhesive spray as opposed to glue which can be messy. Also, i would think that you would have less problems with bubbles/creasts on alcantara than you would with something like vinyl or fake CF. Does anyone here have any input? Planning to do a DIY if i go for it and it comes out looking like expected
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 03:00 AM   #2
RDKing2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2004 M3

Pretty much any off the shelf spray adhesive will not hold up to the extreme temps that car interiors reach. I had some luck with contact cements but even those give out. Best option would be to remove the parts and take them to a local auto upholsterer. The heated glue they use will last longer. As a bonus there may be some material in stock you like there and the price may surprise you.
Appreciate 0