THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Hawkpadsdirect unable to reach

07-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Hawkpadsdirect unable to reach

Placed an order 7days ago and it just says processing on thier site. Payment has cleared and I cannot get ahold of a rep to determine where my pads are. I've sent emails, voicemails and called for 3days now. Does anyone have information on this company? What's frustrating is they have my money and I cant even cancel my order.. I needed the pads before this weekend but it seems I need to source them else where as I have no shipping information and cannot reach company.. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
Placed an order 7days ago and it just says processing on thier site. Payment has cleared and I cannot get ahold of a rep to determine where my pads are. I've sent emails, voicemails and called for 3days now. Does anyone have information on this company? What's frustrating is they have my money and I cant even cancel my order.. I needed the pads before this weekend but it seems I need to source them else where as I have no shipping information and cannot reach company.. Any suggestions?
I have no specific information about this company, but my impression is that it's one person (or, maybe, two) operating out of a residence in a small town 120 miles southeast of Portland, OR. If that's the case, my experience is those sorts of outfits generally do not hold inventory; instead, they frequently order the product for drop-shipment to you from the manufacturer or a distributor, or they order it for delivery to them, and then they ship it to you. All that takes time, of course. The slow or non-existent communication comes with the territory, too.

I don't care for dealing with all of that and tend to use the larger outfits that hold inventory and deal promptly with problems, if they arise.

Please keep us up-to-date so that others know whether this is a company worth doing business with.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #3
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I have no specific information about this company, but my impression is that it's one person (or, maybe, two) operating out of a residence in a small town 120 miles southeast of Portland, OR. If that's the case, my experience is those sorts of outfits generally do not hold inventory; instead, they frequently order the product for drop-shipment to you from the manufacturer or a distributor, or they order it for delivery to them, and then they ship it to you. All that takes time, of course. The slow or non-existent communication comes with the territory, too.

I don't care for dealing with all of that and tend to use the larger outfits that hold inventory and deal promptly with problems, if they arise.

Please keep us up-to-date so that others know whether this is a company worth doing business with.
I appreciate the insight. Maybe the owners got into an accident or they won the lottery and went on vacation.. But if not, at this point I will not ever do business with this company again simply for that I have not received any response or gotten a hold of someone a week after making payment. I just have to hope the company will play nice and entertain my complaints and offer some compensation if they ever contact me or send me the items I payed for.. But I will update when it is all played out.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

So it has now been 10 days since I placed my order and was charged. I have received no shipping information and no product. I have not been able to reach a single person after calling several times a day and no one has returned my emails or voicemails. I have now opened a dispute with my credit card company in hope to claim the money I was charged.

Buyer beware, I do not recommend using HawkPadsDirect.com

Last edited by SerenVoX; 07-26-2019 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
JWP3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i, 2 X5s, E92335i, M2C

I'm not sure what's going on, but can tell you I've order 6 sets in the past without issue. True this is an online order house with the part drop shipped directly from Hawk.

I too ordered a pair on the 26th of July and have yet to receive my order. I've reached out via phone and email without a response. I did contact Hawk directly and found Hawk is waiting on a couple of components to build the pads. As of yesterday they were 2 to 4 weeks out before orders would ship.
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX146.00
      08-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP3 View Post
I'm not sure what's going on, but can tell you I've order 6 sets in the past without issue. True this is an online order house with the part drop shipped directly from Hawk.

I too ordered a pair on the 26th of July and have yet to receive my order. I've reached out via phone and email without a response. I did contact Hawk directly and found Hawk is waiting on a couple of components to build the pads. As of yesterday they were 2 to 4 weeks out before orders would ship.
So after 14days of no response, Gary the guy running this business, picked up the phone.. Of course his reason for delay in shipment is "out of stock". And while that seems to be true as you mentioned stated from Hawk. I'm totally fine with something out of stock, IF you inform your customers. He did not do this. He did not update his site, he did not return email/voicemails. He did not even act the slightest bit sympathetic when I spoke with him over the phone.

I was calm am collective (mainly because I wanted my money back), politely told him I sourced different pads elsewhere and asked for a refund. He did fully refund me as asked. Due to his extremely poor customer service, I do not recommend and will not ever conduct business with him or another small company again.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Due to his extremely poor customer service, I do not recommend and will not ever conduct business with him or another small company again.
To me, that's the shame of an experience like the one you've just had with this outfit, because there are small outfits out there that do provide good service.

Generally, however, those companies are selling specialized products (often of their own design), and they're not competing solely on price against well-established and reliable companies.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2019, 12:39 AM   #8
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
To me, that's the shame of an experience like the one you've just had with this outfit, because there are small outfits out there that do provide good service.

Generally, however, those companies are selling specialized products (often of their own design), and they're not competing solely on price against well-established and reliable companies.
No shame. Just like you stated, I'm not gonna do business with the small guys selling product that can be bought from a more reputable business. I'm sure this thread would have never existed if Hawk had pads in stock,, or better yet, if the owner responded with some customer service.

Anyways, I ended up getting Cool Carbon pads from ECS tuning. It will be my first go at a pad other then OEM. Hoping for a small bump in performance. Also pairing them with the Stoptech rotors and RE71 tires, install tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #9
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
No shame. Just like you stated, I'm not gonna do business with the small guys selling product that can be bought from a more reputable business. I'm sure this thread would have never existed if Hawk had pads in stock,, or better yet, if the owner responded with some customer service.

Anyways, I ended up getting Cool Carbon pads from ECS tuning. It will be my first go at a pad other then OEM. Hoping for a small bump in performance. Also pairing them with the Stoptech rotors and RE71 tires, install tomorrow!
Which Hawk pads were you after?
Appreciate 0