THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes 255 squared apex fitment

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
mjv19
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Help 255 apex wheel fitment

Looking to to run 18x8.5 et35 apex wheels on my 2016 m235i. Currently lowered on h&r springs. Will I be able to fit a 255 square setup if I do vorshlag camber plates? (I've heard I need around -3 degrees of camber in the front). Is -3 degrees achievable with h&r springs and vorshlag plates?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
f22_bbb
Private
f22_bbb's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: '17 BMW M240i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Greenville, South Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
255 is absolutely doable with camber plates. I'm running 255 squared for both my track and street setup with a combination of spacers and the Vorshlag camber plates and Dinan Lowering Springs, which I think lowers the front by 0.5" and rear by 1". My camber currently is -2.4 Front, -2.1 Rear

Track setup:
-Apex EC-7R 17x9 ET42 wrapped in 255/40r17 (Nitto NT01) squared.
-Spacers: 10mm F, 5mm R
*Used to run 12mm F but there were major rubbing on the outside front fender area on hard corners. Switched to 10mm and all is well. Planning to bump up the camber to 3 deg for next track season*

Street setup:
-Apex Arc-8 18x8.5et45 wrapped in 255/35-18 (the et 35,38 is a much better option and more popular. I just went with 45 because that's all they had at the time. would go 38 or 35 if I could change)
-Spacers: 15mm F, 5mm R
*Rubbing is happening somewhere inside the wheel well on bumps. Never had this issue when I did 245 squared w/ Michelin PSS. Currently the 255s are Falken Azenis FK150. I measured and the actual width is almost 270. They run very large for some reason. Any other 255 probably wouldn't rub at all.*
Appreciate 2
mjv190.00
ngl93.50
      11-11-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
mjv19
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_bbb View Post
255 is absolutely doable with camber plates. I'm running 255 squared for both my track and street setup with a combination of spacers and the Vorshlag camber plates and Dinan Lowering Springs, which I think lowers the front by 0.5" and rear by 1". My camber currently is -2.4 Front, -2.1 Rear

Track setup:
-Apex EC-7R 17x9 ET42 wrapped in 255/40r17 (Nitto NT01) squared.
-Spacers: 10mm F, 5mm R
*Used to run 12mm F but there were major rubbing on the outside front fender area on hard corners. Switched to 10mm and all is well. Planning to bump up the camber to 3 deg for next track season*

Street setup:
-Apex Arc-8 18x8.5et45 wrapped in 255/35-18 (the et 35,38 is a much better option and more popular. I just went with 45 because that's all they had at the time. would go 38 or 35 if I could change)
-Spacers: 15mm F, 5mm R
*Rubbing is happening somewhere inside the wheel well on bumps. Never had this issue when I did 245 squared w/ Michelin PSS. Currently the 255s are Falken Azenis FK150. I measured and the actual width is almost 270. They run very large for some reason. Any other 255 probably wouldn't rub at all.*
Do you think it would still fit even if I'm running hr springs? (They give a 1.5-2" drop)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #4
f22_bbb
Private
f22_bbb's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: '17 BMW M240i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Greenville, South Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjv19 View Post
Do you think it would still fit even if I'm running hr springs? (They give a 1.5-2" drop)
Hard to tell... I was unaware that the H&Rs lowered it by that much compared to Dinan. You may need to do a slight fender roll on the fronts or maybe get the 3 deg of camber as you mentioned (Maybe someone with H&R springs can chime in). The Vorshlag website states a "2.5deg of additional camber" over stock. I dont think stock suspension is camber adjustable, or if it is, it's probably very small. So you're looking at 2.5 deg max with the camber plates.

If you want to get into the 3 deg range, you're going to probably need a few more modifications. A popular one is the F8X M3/M4 LCA & TS upgrade, which I plan to do soon. Much material about that can be found on both 2 series and 3 series forums.

FYI, getting into the 3 deg range will seriously eat up your tires if you're going to do mostly street driving. I would recommend like 2.2~2.3 max for everyday driving, even then you may see uneven wear pretty quickly.
Appreciate 1
mjv190.00
      11-11-2021, 10:33 PM   #5
mjv19
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_bbb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjv19 View Post
Do you think it would still fit even if I'm running hr springs? (They give a 1.5-2" drop)
Hard to tell... I was unaware that the H&Rs lowered it by that much compared to Dinan. You may need to do a slight fender roll on the fronts or maybe get the 3 deg of camber as you mentioned (Maybe someone with H&R springs can chime in). The Vorshlag website states a "2.5deg of additional camber" over stock. I dont think stock suspension is camber adjustable, or if it is, it's probably very small. So you're looking at 2.5 deg max with the camber plates.

If you want to get into the 3 deg range, you're going to probably need a few more modifications. A popular one is the F8X M3/M4 LCA & TS upgrade, which I plan to do soon. Much material about that can be found on both 2 series and 3 series forums.

FYI, getting into the 3 deg range will seriously eat up your tires if you're going to do mostly street driving. I would recommend like 2.2~2.3 max for everyday driving, even then you may see uneven wear pretty quickly.
Thank you. Yeah I've been also looking into m3 LCA. might just have to run a 245 squared setup. Only was talking about 255 cause the wheels are used and already have 255 nexen SUR4G (brand new) on them
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:29 PM   #6
230iZTR
First Lieutenant
230iZTR's Avatar
194
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 230i THP
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Reno, NV

iTrader: (0)

I've got 255 width tires, slight fender roll in the front (just the lip), and Swift Spec-R springs with Vorahlag camber plates at about 2.3-deg for street driving. They can go up to max 2.6-deg (ish) when I move the bolts to the end of the slot for track use. Do yours go all the way to 3.0-deg? Do you have F8X lower control arms to get the extra half a degree?

Track: 255/40/17 RE71Rs on 17x9et42 w/ 5mm front spacer, 2.6-deg camber

Street: 225/35/18 Yoko Apex's on 18x9et45 w/12mm front spacer, 2.3-deg camber
__________________
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71Rs, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Carbon lip, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 STG1
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #7
Cos270
New Member
36
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 2015 M235i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_bbb View Post
255 is absolutely doable with camber plates. I'm running 255 squared for both my track and street setup with a combination of spacers and the Vorshlag camber plates and Dinan Lowering Springs, which I think lowers the front by 0.5" and rear by 1". My camber currently is -2.4 Front, -2.1 Rear

Track setup:
-Apex EC-7R 17x9 ET42 wrapped in 255/40r17 (Nitto NT01) squared.
-Spacers: 10mm F, 5mm R
*Used to run 12mm F but there were major rubbing on the outside front fender area on hard corners. Switched to 10mm and all is well. Planning to bump up the camber to 3 deg for next track season*

Street setup:
-Apex Arc-8 18x8.5et45 wrapped in 255/35-18 (the et 35,38 is a much better option and more popular. I just went with 45 because that's all they had at the time. would go 38 or 35 if I could change)
-Spacers: 15mm F, 5mm R
*Rubbing is happening somewhere inside the wheel well on bumps. Never had this issue when I did 245 squared w/ Michelin PSS. Currently the 255s are Falken Azenis FK150. I measured and the actual width is almost 270. They run very large for some reason. Any other 255 probably wouldn't rub at all.*
Maybe a dumb question, but can you run square 18x8.5s ET45 (looking at APEX ARC-8s right now) with 245/35-18 tires on stock suspension without rubbing? I'll need to buy a new set of summer tires this spring and would prefer to go to a square setup if I can. Would like to avoid running spacers but will if I have to. Don't want to get into camber plates or any other suspension modifications just yet, but may consider it later down the road.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #8
f22_bbb
Private
f22_bbb's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: '17 BMW M240i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Greenville, South Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but can you run square 18x8.5s ET45 (looking at APEX ARC-8s right now) with 245/35-18 tires on stock suspension without rubbing? I'll need to buy a new set of summer tires this spring and would prefer to go to a square setup if I can. Would like to avoid running spacers but will if I have to. Don't want to get into camber plates or any other suspension modifications just yet, but may consider it later down the road.
Apex actually has a fitment guide on their website for the different BMW chassis'. It's a good starting point for most people. The link below is the F22 fitment guide.

https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

It shows that 18x8.5 et45 will require "5mm front spacers and at least 1.5 degrees of negative camber" to use 245/35-18 squared. This is actually the setup I had on my Arc-8s some time ago when I was running Michelin PSS.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST