THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M240i Convertible - Wind Deflector Missing

06-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
Saffa_G
MPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Question M240i Convertible - Wind Deflector Missing

I'd love your thoughts on this. I took delivery of my M240i Pre-Owned Elite. The vehicle price sticker with listed accessories etc. shows a Wind Deflector as included. I can't find it anywhere in my car

Emailed the sales guy who came back immediately and said they'd ship it. Then another email followed - saying because the car was MSO it might not come with one?

My argument is that if it's on the list along with brakes, seats, headlights of a special type etc. then the deflector should be in the car too! i've escalated the issue to the dealer GM and sales Manager

Any comments on MSO and this situation?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffa_G View Post
I'd love your thoughts on this. I took delivery of my M240i Pre-Owned Elite. The vehicle price sticker with listed accessories etc. shows a Wind Deflector as included. I can't find it anywhere in my car

Emailed the sales guy who came back immediately and said they'd ship it. Then another email followed - saying because the car was MSO it might not come with one?

My argument is that if it's on the list along with brakes, seats, headlights of a special type etc. then the deflector should be in the car too! i've escalated the issue to the dealer GM and sales Manager

Any comments on MSO and this situation?
The vehicle price sticker is your primary document upon which to rely. MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) seems irrelevant to this situation. He may have meant CPO (essentially a used car).

http://legalbeagle.com/8697129-mso-title.html

One issue may be a claim from them that it was there at delivery and "they don't know how you lost it".
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

that sucks, they are not cheap
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
Saffa_G
MPerformance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The vehicle price sticker is your primary document upon which to rely. MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) seems irrelevant to this situation. He may have meant CPO (essentially a used car).

http://legalbeagle.com/8697129-mso-title.html

One issue may be a claim from them that it was there at delivery and "they don't know how you lost it".
Thanks for the deets.

Yeah, we had some other issues with them saying my car has car play compatibility, and after 2 days it's confirmed it doesn't. So if they want to say I lost the deflector that would be bad on their part - I'd never lose that but good point you raise!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

My car came without it too but it wasn't on the options list. I bought mine off ebay and you'll find prices in the range of $250 to $300.

However, since your car was CPO they are obliged to include it with the car even if the previous owner lost it/took it just like any other included accessory in the car.
Appreciate 1
Saffa_G24.50
      06-20-2017, 01:07 PM   #6
onsafari
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

The original manufactures window sticker no longer applies to a used car. Now if the dealer had their window sticker on it listing all the options the car comes with then I would think they owe it to you, assuming you're not coming back 2 months after purchase.

Another thing, were you told that the car came with car play compatibility verbally or was that on said window sticker as well? Again if it was on their sticker then you should be entitled to that since I would bet the price of the car was based on having those options.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
Saffa_G
MPerformance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsafari View Post
The original manufactures window sticker no longer applies to a used car. Now if the dealer had their window sticker on it listing all the options the car comes with then I would think they owe it to you, assuming you're not coming back 2 months after purchase.

Another thing, were you told that the car came with car play compatibility verbally or was that on said window sticker as well? Again if it was on their sticker then you should be entitled to that since I would bet the price of the car was based on having those options.
I picked it up Saturday , from Tampa, drove back to Atlanta on the same day! The car play was all verbal and email, I did pay for it too! So i've asked for a refund of the $300 - let's see. I don't think I am unreasonable!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #8
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Mine came with one.
Appreciate 1
Saffa_G24.50
      06-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #9
Saffa_G
MPerformance
United_States
Rep

Ok update! Dealer has shipped me my missing deflector!! They've also shipped me my missing first aid kit! I figured out that was missing too! Thank goodness the engine is bolted on or that would have been missing too.

06-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #10
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I thought they were cheap. like $100 or so. i dont think i have ever used mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I thought they were cheap. like $100 or so. i dont think i have ever used mine.
Last I looked retail price for one for dads car (so little different) was $600.

You should give it a shot they are actually really nice depending on weather.
Appreciate 0