THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Where To Buy M Performance Front Lip Vinyl?

10-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Where To Buy M Performance Front Lip Vinyl?

Anyone know if it's possible to just get the vinyl that comes with the M Perf lip? It's the one that hides the paint line if you don't have the lip color matched with your paint.

Or if someone happens to have it and can get a scan I have a vinyl plotter and can just cut my own. Designing my own will be the last resort.

PS. I know I can just put vinyl on my car and cut it out, but don't want to risk damaging the paint with a blade.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
SlimJay
Private
Rep
Drives: 230i

Following! I had the same issue as well, still looking for the vinyl.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJay View Post
Following! I had the same issue as well, still looking for the vinyl.
I've been killing myself searching for this or at least to see if there is a part number. I'm going to ask BMW soon (slim chance) if they have one laying around that wasn't installed on a black car or something.

At this point it may be easier for me to just spent the time fine tuning my own based on this pic. But it'll take me a while. First 2 tries came out in the general area but didn't line up at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42395_skyline View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to just get the vinyl that comes with the M Perf lip? It's the one that hides the paint line if you don't have the lip color matched with your paint.

Or if someone happens to have it and can get a scan I have a vinyl plotter and can just cut my own. Designing my own will be the last resort.

PS. I know I can just put vinyl on my car and cut it out, but don't want to risk damaging the paint with a blade.
Sorry I can't help with the part number, but as a last resort if you do want to vinyl and cutout. They make a tape with string in it that is designed to be vinyled over, and you pull the string to cut it out.

I have tried it before with varying levels of success. We found that most of the time it didn't cut as clean as a razor. If you have the patience for it and mess around with it, then it might be a paint safe option
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Sorry I can't help with the part number, but as a last resort if you do want to vinyl and cutout. They make a tape with string in it that is designed to be vinyled over, and you pull the string to cut it out.

I have tried it before with varying levels of success. We found that most of the time it didn't cut as clean as a razor. If you have the patience for it and mess around with it, then it might be a paint safe option
I forgot that existed. Haven't used it but did see it a couple times before. Do you know if it sticks to paint protection film? My bumper has PPF (Which is another reason I don't want to take a blade to it) and also has cquartz. Not all adhesives stick to it.

Might give it a try, thanks!

Someone has got to have some waiting for install, please scan or take a high quality pic of it if you can before installing!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 04:28 AM   #6
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

same issue here with mine. You can see the unsightly gaps especially on alpine white. i'm buying some vinyl wrap over the weekend and im just going to precut it before application. It won't be a precise, but since the gaps aren't wide, I don't think it will be very obvious...

But also keen to see what people have done to get a more seamless finish...

Appreciate 0