THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics iPod vs. Android phone as audio source

03-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
swilson317
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

iPod vs. Android phone as audio source

Hi all, I'm a new owner of a used 2017 M240i. I'm not finding much detailed information about these two sources. But what I'm finding is that with the iPod plugged into the USB port I have full access to all music feature, but when I have my Galaxy S10 connected with bluetooth or USB, I only have the ability to select next and previous tracks.

Is this expected behavior or am I missing something to allow full access to the music on my phone?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
gosi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240

I am also a new owner of a used 2017 M240i What headunit do you have?

The bluetooth interface is a bit glitchy sadly. You might want to try using a different music app or look at bluetooth settings on your device if you allowed sharing of all information with the car.

I’m using an iPhone and also have issues sometimes. But generally I can see songs up next and can select any one of them, not just previous or next.
Appreciate 0