THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack too late to bother rotating tires? xdrive, square setup

01-25-2020, 02:30 AM   #1
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

too late to bother rotating tires? xdrive, square setup

now that i'm out of warranty, i'm looking to do more of my own maintenance and will be doing an oil change this weekend and was thinking of rotating the wheels/tires at the same time. but ever since moving out to the west coast, i haven't had to do the winter/summer swap anymore (although i had gone to to an all season set up anyway with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+) and drive significantly less now.

but after two years, i have now put on about 14,000 miles on these A/S 3+ tires, but have not gotten around to rotating them. is it too late to bother rotating them at this point?

as best that i can tell, these tires are asymmetric (they have an outside marking) and can rotate in any direction. so if i do rotate them, being xdrive, should the rear tires should go forward and the front tires go back and cross (rearward cross as described here: https://www.bridgestonetire.com/trea.../tire-rotation).

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:07 AM   #2
Shovelman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

Rotate them now, they are probably about 1/2 used up.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexingv View Post

but after two years, i have now put on about 14,000 miles on these A/S 3+ tires, but have not gotten around to rotating them. is it too late to bother rotating them at this point?
Nope - unless you are almost down to the wear bars. Sounds like you have half the tire life left so now would be a great time.

Seth
Appreciate 0