THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Interior Parts WTS: custom Cobra Nogaro bucket seats, brand new, never installed, mounts incl.

02-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

WTS: custom Cobra Nogaro bucket seats, brand new, never installed, mounts incl.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 2,850.00

Item Interest
Hi all,

I've decided to part with my seats, as much as it sucks, due to time constraints and other projects competing for my attention. I just won't be able to get these installed and everything sorted in time for track season, so rather than have them sit there through a full season, I've decided to let them go and move on for now. I'm just looking to get back a good portion of what I put into the project.

These were purchased as part of a group buy that was organized over a year go by a member on our forums. Even with a very nice group buy discount, the total invoice ended up being a hair under $3500 with the custom options I chose, including sourcing the custom upholstery from a 3rd party vendor. I am happy to provide my invoice from HMS Motorsports, as they were involved and took the shipments from Cobra Seats in the UK.

In case you would like to know more about the seats, plenty of info along with more pictures can be found here and here. In short, the Nogaro bucket seat is one of the only if not the only street-able fixed bucket seats that is tested and certified for use with the Schroth Quick-Fit harness system. It's a fantastic option for a true dual-purpose seat, which is why I was so drawn to it to begin with. You get the additional restraint and safety of having a deeper seat for your hips and the Schroth QF harness, but you maintain a reasonable amount of convenience for driving on the streets. You also don't have to invest in a roll/harness bar or start ripping out the rest of your interior to safely and enjoyably track your BMW. I think that pretty much sums up the qualities of this seat.

On to the custom specs:

- Black Dakota leather bolsters and head rest sections
- M Carbon Structure cloth (same as used in F80 M3/M4 base cloth seats) cushions and center sections
- Seat backs painted Melbourne Red to match BMW Melbourne Red
- Cobra logo delete
- White stitching
- standard 2" cushioning (1" and 3" are optional and can be ordered separately for either more head clearance or a more plush feel, I will provide all of the extra upholstery material that was left over)

The seats will come with a complete Brey Kraus mounting kit for use in F22, F87, F30, F80, etc. See here for more info/specs on the BK mounting kit as well as other required P/Ns depending on whether you decide to go the electronic or manual seat slider route. I am asking $3000 shipped or $2850 local sale in the Chicago/NW Indiana region. Only PayPal or crypto accepted unless it's a face-to-face cash deal.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by CP911; 03-11-2020 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep

I've had people reach out for more pics of the back of the seats, so I'll try to get some more up soon. Meanwhile, I should note a few things for full disclosure:

One of the seats has 2 spots that got a little scuffed from the shipping box due to the long overseas trip from Cobra in the UK. One is a tiny scuff on the leather at the very top edge above the head rest (I was told this can be easily repaired) and the other is a scuff in the clear coat of the Melbourne Red paint underneath the seat. Cobra uses these long coil spring w/ hooks to hook the upholstery together underneath, and it looks like one of the springs was rubbing this particular area during shipping. It would NOT be visible once installed unless you literally stuck your head underneath the front of the seat and looked up.

Everything else is perfect and I'll provide some pics to detail the areas mentioned above.

Last thing to note is that these will come with free Cobra lumbar bags, which are 100% removable should you choose to not use them. Cobra accidentally added the lumbar feature on the order even though I never spec'ed it, so when I called to let them know they made the mistake they just said to "keep them" and "You never know if one day you'll want them." The lumbar bags have velcro surfaces and simply rest in between the seat shell and cushion - don't want them? Just pull them out! They are inflated with a hand pump that connects to the lumbar bag with a hose - you can see the black hand pump hose hanging out from the cushions. I've already removed the lumbar bags from the seats, but they will still be included in case the buyer decides he/she would like lumbar support.
      02-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah, these seats can be wrapped any color very easily in case you do not own a Melbourne Red car!!!

I heavily contemplated wrapping in dry carbon from the start to match the M Performance interior, but figured worst case, if I didn't like the MR paint job, I could always wrap it later. I'm sure it would have been cheaper to wrap a raw seat shell, but I wanted to do it the right way and paint it first either way to give it a better, smoother surface for the wrap to adhere should I (or you) choose to go that route.

Please PM me if you have any questions!

Last edited by CP911; 03-11-2020 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
ifobd32.00
      03-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep

Bump w/ price reduction
      03-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep

Bump. Just want to let everyone know I also accept fine German or Belgian military style firearms and/or ammunition for trade! If you have something cool and want to trade, shoot me a PM. Thanks again!