THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Adjustable front camber bushings KMAC

08-20-2019, 12:17 AM   #89
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwang View Post
Thank you!
How many time and how many kilometers/miles have you made with kmac bushes?
10,680mi and 5 track days.
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00
      08-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #90
Gepeto
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Just got mine installed. Seems the removal tool included was also missing a piece but my awesome shopped just figured something out. Alignment Friday. Hoping to score a good negative camber score!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #91
Gepeto
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

I ended up managing to get -2.02/-2.04, and before the k-mac bushings I was at -1/-0.8 roughly. Quite happy!

Might be psychological but I feel like they are a bit stiffer and I get a tiny bit more roadfeel through, but that might be cause my OEM ones were pretty old already.
Appreciate 2
x233284.00
ghost.M22.50
      09-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #92
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
I ended up managing to get -2.02/-2.04, and before the k-mac bushings I was at -1/-0.8 roughly. Quite happy!

Might be psychological but I feel like they are a bit stiffer and I get a tiny bit more roadfeel through, but that might be cause my OEM ones were pretty old already.
I echo what you say regarding road feel, I noticed a difference even with only 22K mostly highway miles on mine as well. The front end just feels a little more solid overall.

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:46 PM   #93
ifobd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondo1234 View Post
Got a really interesting and exciting email from KMAC

"Having " In House " Manufacture we are constantly designing new products and always updating existiing. See "About Us" on our Web site. Do note on forum all owners are wanting max. adjustment !! K-MAC Strut top adjusters provide serious Camber ?.Extra 1 ¼ inch. Idea is your adjuster is used in conjunction to not only provide extra but also track width in the pursuit of front row of the grid on race days. Decided to take another look at the front lower arm adjuster and see can increase to 2 degree ! Will put into production and send you 1st off sample in 2 weeks"

Sounds amazing.
Did you ever end up installing these from kmac? Im on xdrive also and am ready to start my negative camber journey and am researching the options.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 12:27 AM   #94
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Here is one option but a lot more expensive than the Kmac:

https://www.hpashop.com/SPL-Adjustab...?categoryId=-1

The adjustable range is up to 5 degrees of additional camber.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 05:34 AM   #95
gosi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240

Is there now any consensus regarding Kmac bushings vs M4 LCA/TS? From what I’ve read both seem to do the same thing, thus decentering the wheel in the wheelwell the same amount while increasing camber. Any benefits and negatives for either one?

I’m interested in decreasing tire shoulder wear and increasing front end bite while maintaining stock ride height and stock front tire width (illegal to run non-standard in Europe). Can anyone suggest what to do?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #96
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post

This seems like a better option than doing the M3 LCA + KMAC bushings. Anyone have this part on their cars?
      02-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #97
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosi View Post

I’m interested in decreasing tire shoulder wear and increasing front end bite while maintaining stock ride height and stock front tire width (illegal to run non-standard in Europe). Can anyone suggest what to do?
I went to 8/8.5" wheels with 225/245 (stock width) BridgstonePotenza s007 tires and it helped a lot with tire wear (I'm still on the stock suspension). The 0.5" wider wheels support the sidewall better, and the Potenza's seem to be a more solid carcass. I wasn't getting bad wear w/ the Contis until I started tracking, where it really shows. The Potenzas are wearing much better than my previous Conti ExtremContacts, even thought they are a 240 wear vs 340 for the Contis. Tread is almost identical, so they are almost as good in the wet - and better dry grip. I'm still looking to add mechanical camber for the track, but this may be adequate for your street driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #98
ifobd
Private
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Do these work with xdrive? Can't tell via the hpa site.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #99
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifobd View Post
Do these work with xdrive? Can't tell via the hpa site.
No, these are not x-drive compatible.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #100
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Quote:
Quote:

"Having " In House " Manufacture we are constantly designing new products and always updating existiing. See "About Us" on our Web site. Do note on forum all owners are wanting max. adjustment !! K-MAC Strut top adjusters provide serious Camber ?.Extra 1 ¼ inch. Idea is your adjuster is used in conjunction to not only provide extra but also track width in the pursuit of front row of the grid on race days. Decided to take another look at the front lower arm adjuster and see can increase to 2 degree ! Will put into production and send you 1st off sample in 2 weeks"

Sounds amazing.
Did you ever end up installing these from kmac? Im on xdrive also and am ready to start my negative camber journey and am researching the options.
Had these on for a considerable time.....no issues whatsoever. Managed to get -1.9 front.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #101
ifobd
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds amazing.
Had these on for a considerable time.....no issues whatsoever. Managed to get -1.9 front.

Quote:
Strut top adjusters or just the bushings?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #102
Raymondo1234
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds amazing.

Quote:
Strut top adjusters or just the bushings?
Just the bushings
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 04:08 PM   #103
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilax59 View Post
This seems like a better option than doing the M3 LCA + KMAC bushings. Anyone have this part on their cars?
The bearing is very robust with a typical 3-5 years of service life. NVH increase is about 5% according to SPL.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #104
drives like jehu
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

The tail of the tale

I installed the KMAC's back in April 2019- you can see my description a few posts back.
Just replaced the KMAC's with the stock bushings as I'm trying to sell the M235 to make room for the 2016 Cayman.
I got what I wanted; -1.6/-1.7 deg camber. Definitely seemed to help the track wear on the front tires.
The only bad news was they started to squeak. I didn't drive it much in the winter so probably after about 9-10 months and 7,000 miles. When removed there was rust around the bushing. Maybe I didn't use enough of the supplied lube? To re-lube them would have been a pain. Assuming you didn't get it assembled back exactly as you had it, you would need an alignment check. These bushings, obviously, alter the toe considerably.
Anyway, they did what was advertised. Just be aware of possibly needing to re-lube them.
Look for my comparison of the M235i to the Cayman. I kinda wish I was keeping the BMW...
Appreciate 0