THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Disable X Drive?

05-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Disable X Drive?

My buddy just made a comment to me that if you pull the right fuse you can disable the X Drive system entirely.

Thus you could run a filthy sick looking big staggered wheel pair (not that I know anything about that of course) and not destroy your differential or loose power.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would be totally fine with RWD and only bought AWD because it was cheaper.

Vr

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #2
BostonM235xi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow7xx View Post
My buddy just made a comment to me that if you pull the right fuse you can disable the X Drive system entirely.

Thus you could run a filthy sick looking big staggered wheel pair (not that I know anything about that of course) and not destroy your differential or loose power.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would be totally fine with RWD and only bought AWD because it was cheaper.

Vr
XHP has X Delete, it's a flash based software to turn C drive to RWD 👍🏻
      05-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Liandri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

^What Boston said. Get the black f-chassis MHD wifi flasher, officially supported by XHP. I flashed stage 3 trans last weekend and it all worked flawlessly. You buy the maps/tunes/xdelete on xhps website now and redeem the voucher code in the app and then you can flash. I'm RWD so can't specifically review xdelete but the TCU stage 3 software is amazing and fixed all the little issues I had with the trans, and the process was clean and straightforward. The other guy who posted the thread "everyone should know about xhp" wasn't lying
Appreciate 0