THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Quality Coilovers

04-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #23
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

KW V3 or Ohlins R&T imho. You want minimum 2 way damping (3-way is great if you can afford it, it is EVERYTHING to do with low speed compression damping) if ride quality and performance are concerns of yours. Especially on a street/track driven car. Gives you the adjustments needed for DD compliance, and track (or hard driving) demands.
      04-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #24
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace604 View Post
On kw v3's as well and getting the same "clunk" noises going rough pavement. Just to confirm, are these the end-links you are talking about?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...s-pair/?pdk=CA
Turner mfg# TSU4612AF3
250-265mm
I have these, they're awesome. Better than OE M car links imo.

The stock links are trash, plastic garbage and highly suggest replacing them when doing coilovers. You'll end up with clunks, eventually, and the adjust-ability is worth the switch, alone.
      04-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #25
The_otherM235i
Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I heard dinan springs and a KW V3 kit was pretty solid on the M235i. We have EDC so not to much we can do i hear.....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #26
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail Boat View Post
You're finding Ohlins R&T for $2,500!? That's a steal - chepaest I could find was right around $3,100.

I'd say Ohlins beats out KW in most circumstances based on my experience. My brother had KW V3 on his 997.2 and they were great, but when he switched to Ohlins they were noticeably better.

On the knocking: My car has a knocking noise when going over uneven surfaces, i.e. one front wheel dipping into a pothole. In my case, the clunking is due to the swaybar "walking", meaning the bushings are allowing too much movement and causing the swaybar to bump against the bushing and transfer noise through the chassis. I plan on upgrading these bushings to powerflex variants, will report back on the results.

I did notice some improvement by installing the coilovers. I suspect credit goes to the combination of a shorter aftermarket endlink and more compression afforded by the V3.

On Camber Plates: KW does make their own plates, included with the V3 "Clubsport" variants. Vorshlag also makes a decent system and my local BMW Tuner exclusively uses their products. Personally, I would stay away from camber plates. They're expensive, break often, and always produce unwanted noise and vibrations. If you want a bit more camber I'd recommend offset LCA bushings or F8X LCAs.
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1224443

This is where I saw that price.... Maybe I am missing something? Reading through that thread, it looks like they were as low as 2,300 at one point.

I think I have a different clunk than you, but I am not sure. The easiest explanation I have seen was in another post. Put the car on a lift, push the wheels side to side, I here a pretty loud click.

On the road I do not really hear it unless I am parallel parking. When I am in reverese and the milisecond I was on the brake. I hear a click. Almost like the car in reverse with the brake settled it..... Maybe it is the same clicking that you describe.
You might have a preload issue. I had something similar happen when I installed my Dinan springs. Had to go to the dealer and have them adjust it. I think I made the error of torquing the top screws down while the car was still lifted. That's a guess though but it was resolved when they reseated the springs.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 11:41 AM   #27
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_otherM235i View Post
I heard dinan springs and a KW V3 kit was pretty solid on the M235i. We have EDC so not to much we can do i hear.....
You can code-out EDC, or install KW or similar EDC "canceller" modules